6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Interior LED Modd

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 06:34 PM

Interior LED Modd

Hey guys,
For all of you who want the LED Conversion modd to get rid of that orange and change the color. E-mail me at thealliance43@yahoo.com
Will be done within a week OR SOONER!!!
Thanks for the pix, 04 Max Illin.

$500.00 Full Modd

HOLIDAY SALE!!! $400 MODD PRICE ENDS DEC. 21st!!!
HAPPY HOLIDAY'S GUYS!!!

the LED MODD will include the following to be sent to me/or dropped off:
-Screen
-Speedometer
-Radio Controls
-A/C Heat Controls
-All Four Doors

Your car will operate fine without these pieces in them.... So the turn around time will be about a week
Check with me if you want a different color than blue. I personally think the blue looks the best. I recently just did Castor Troy's (6thgenmaxima.org) Interior and it came out perfect as well as my own. Also Requires Shipping at buyers expense. These are pix from my car after the modd. Please only email me when your ready to do the modd. Thanks
-Brian

PLEASE NOTE:
Keep in mind that the "hotspots" you see are in the speedometer. This is normal and part of the modd... As of right now there's no way to fix this. Some places is where the leds are directly emitted through your speedometer.

please only serious inquirers only.

Last edited by thealliance43; 11-24-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:12 PM

as soon as I get some funds you'll be seeing me, since your about 5 minutes from me Im by checkers by value village
Old 06-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Where is my shirt?

Email Sent
Old 06-18-2008, 10:01 AM

Im on the island too, Why dont you post some more info in the thread and youll get much more response...
Old 06-18-2008, 05:24 PM

I am interested. Already converted ALL interior lighting to LED's. What does this 'orange' light do anyway??
~ 08 SE with Skyview
Old 06-18-2008, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by cfr94
I am interested. Already converted ALL interior lighting to LED's. What does this 'orange' light do anyway??
~ 08 SE with Skyview
LED's that light up ALL your buttons inside the car will be replaced with a different color and soldered in.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by 04MAX_ILLIN
LED's that light up ALL your buttons inside the car will be replaced with a different color and soldered in.
Wait, so you are saying by changing that 1 LED on the front dome light area will change all my 'button' lights (window button, door lock, shifter light, dash lights(A/C, Defrost, etc))????
Old 06-18-2008, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by cfr94
Wait, so you are saying by changing that 1 LED on the front dome light area will change all my 'button' lights (window button, door lock, shifter light, dash lights(A/C, Defrost, etc))????
No, he takes apart each part in your car a(window button, door lock, shifter light, dash lights(A/C, Defrost, etc) and removes the amber LED and replaces it with a color of your choice basically.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:53 PM

Doing this mod gives your interior the potential to look like this...probably the sickest 6th gen interior ive seen..i love it.

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...8_298_full.jpg
Old 06-18-2008, 06:09 PM

need pics... and price...
Old 06-18-2008, 06:11 PM

Definitely!! I have the Super White LED's (through www.autolumination.com ) throughout the car and would like the same color for everything else. How much am I looking at for this? What exactly is required to be mailed and how would I take all this off.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:25 PM

got back to you guys....if you guys can organize a group buy of 5 or more i'll drop it to $425
Old 06-18-2008, 11:51 PM

For $425 IM IN! Here ill start:
#1 - 04max_illin
#2 -
#3 -
#4 -
#5 -

Lets go guys...get this done!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:17 AM

update the list 04max lol, onlyy need 1 more guy to get the group buy together.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:56 AM

what if i were to drive to you, i live in NJ and the island is that far at all =) gets rid of shipping
Old 06-19-2008, 10:43 AM

For $425 IM IN! Here ill start:
#1 - 04max_illin
#2 - Bambino
#3 -
#4 -
#5 -

Lets go guys...get this done!
Old 06-19-2008, 10:56 AM

#1 - 04Max_Illin
#2 - Grimmax
#3 - imports4lyfe
#4 - EddyMaxx
#5 - bambino (the org)

just need a deposit and make sure everyone wants blue... let get it started
Old 06-19-2008, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by thealliance43
#1 - 04Max_Illin
#2 - Grimmax
#3 - imports4lyfe
#4 - EddyMaxx
#5 - bambino (the org)

just need a deposit and make sure everyone wants blue... let get it started
I'm all for blue. I have a 05 max. Come on guys, let's do this..
Old 06-19-2008, 12:00 PM
*moderator*

[QUOTE=04MAX_ILLIN;6473532]Doing this mod gives your interior the potential to look like this...probably the sickest 6th gen interior ive seen..i love it.

Hye that's my interior!! Thanks for the props, do it guys best mod ever!

But remember you can get creative, hes color options. I did my gauge cluster twice, first round with all wht and then I changed it to blue and wht combo. But I did do all blue in the gauges with wht where the mileage/gear is. Also i did my stock stereo ***** in wht and the rest blue, I think red ***** would look sick. The world is yours, go for it!

here's the template i used for GEC when I did mine a few years back, basically telling him what colors i wanted where (colored squares)

And my original wht version:

And current (note the wht where the km/h is)
Old 06-19-2008, 12:56 PM

thanks for the additional pix jsmithsole,
Old 06-19-2008, 01:03 PM

Hi there!
is there an how to guide to removed all the needed parts ???
Old 06-19-2008, 02:03 PM

Add me to the list...white LED here. thealliance43 knows my deal.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:29 PM

hey guys it will be alot easier to me if you can plz e-mail me with requests and interest in this modd... my time has been limited so i can't promise i'd check the threads everyday. this is my email for all ppl interested or have questions

thealliance43@yahoo.com

i will also be attaching these instructions to dissemble the dash for 6thgenmaxima.org
Old 06-20-2008, 12:11 AM

Here are step-by-step instructions to taking apart your dash to either get to the stereo, or the LED screen. I take no responsibility for these instructions or any damage this may cause to your vehicle. Follow at your own risk! Enjoy!

Step 1: Remove shifter **** - Shifter **** is made of two parts, the leather handle, and the lower aluminum-looking cone-shaped piece. Grasp the cone-shaped lower piece, rotate counter-clockwise and pull down at the same time to release from shifter handle. Once this is done, there is a small gold clip holding the handle in place, remove this and handle will slide off, remove this as cone-shaped piece.

WARNING:
If you twist the shift **** thing as instructed you will end up breaking it. You just need to pull down on that plastic piece. There is a TSB addressing this issue.

Step 2: Remove wood-colored faceplate and shifter piece - Open cupholder door. Using your fingers, press along edge of wood piece where cupholder door goes and pull up. Gentle but heavy force may be needed to pull up plate. Make sure you are slightly pushing the side of the plate inwards while you do this. Once you get the end of it released, you'll need to put the key in the ignition, turn it till the air comes on, put foot on the brake and move shifter **** into the neutral position. Lift up the whole plate to completely release. Underneath there are two connectors, one brown and one white, that you will need to disconnect before removing plate. Set aside.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:12 AM

Step 3: remove two lower screws that hold the dash kit in place, place them in a safe place. Use fingers on inside of lower storage area (below cassette opening) to pull out the dash kit and release from its clips. Remove lower half first, then pull out upper half. there is another connector on the back of that piece that needs to be unplugged. Set dash kit aside.

Step 4: Remove 2 screws holding in climate/audio control panel and LED screen. Holding this panel from underneath the radio controls, Pull piece outwards. The two middle air vents are also attached, and will come out as well. Lift out lower end first, then tilt upwards to release clips holding in the top edge. One connector on the back needs to be removed.

Step 5: Remove LED screen: remove 4 small gold screws on both sides of LED screen housing to separate screen from the rest of the panel.

Now you have successfully removed the LED screen. Pretty easy! To put back in, screw 4 gold screws back in, put whole panel piece back in first by inserting clips on top edge back trhough their holes, then slowly lower front edge down while making sure top edge stays flush with rest of dash. Carefully reconnect the plug, then lower all the way back flush. Screw back in the 2 screws. take Dash kit, reconnect wires, pop in the top part first back into slots, then lower part, then screw in 2 screws at bottom. Put the car back in neutral, plug in 2 connectors to shifter panel (brown and white), then slip shifter tube through the hole on the shifter panel, and carefully fit the panel back into plce, starting with the edge closest to the dash and ending with the edge closest to the armrest/cupholder. Place cone part of shifter back over steel tube, place shifter **** on and carefully slide the gold clip back through the white part of the shifter ****, it should line up with the 2 grooves on either side of the **** and the 2 grooves on steel tube. Slide cone-shaped part back up and carefully rotate over gold clip until its tight. It may take a couple tries to get this last part right.

-TEK-NIQ (6thgenmaxima.org)
Old 06-20-2008, 12:16 AM

Gauges

Here is the step-by-step to get access to your gauges (fuel, tachometer, speedometer, etc) in order to swap for the reverse-glow gauges, clean out inside of plastic, etc...

First, this is fairly easy once you figure it out the first time. Here are my step-by-step tips to get access to the gauges.

****IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE YOU BEGIN****

If you plan to remove the needles, you'll need to remember how to put them back on so they are accurate. This may require you to drive down the freeway or a straight stretch of road at a certain speed, noting speed and RPMs at that speed (ie if your RPMs are 3,000 at 80mph, get your friend to set their cruise control to 80, pace them and set your own cruise control and push needles back on at 3000 and 80mph respectively). Also note fuel level and normal car operating temp. After removing needles, it may be easiest to put speedometer and tachometer needles back on while driving. Get a friend to set their cruise control at your specified speed, so you can be pacing them and place the needles back in the right position.

________________**continue**___________________

1. Need the following tools: Phillips screwdriver, flat-head screwdriver (or preferably something thin and plastic), and socket wrench only if you need to disconnect battery to work on electrical system.

2. Underneath the steering wheel there are 3 screw holes... Remove these screws with phillips screwdriver.

3. Adjust the steering wheel all the way out and down. Inserting flat-head screwdriver in between two plastic pieces on the right side of the steering wheel where the windshield wiper **** is. Carefully pop apart plastic housing surrounding steering wheel and set aside.

4. Remove plastic covering over gauges. Using flat-head screwdriver or thin plastic, slide under top middle plastic piece and slowly lift up to pop out. Then slide under each piece on left and right, pop out front part first, then lift and pull towards you.

Take off all three plastic pieces starting with the middle first. you'll then see a screw

Old 06-20-2008, 12:20 AM

6. Under guage cluster are two hidden screws, unscrew both but don't remove, it's easier to pull out gauge cluster and screws will come out with it, then you can take them out.

Then just unplug it and your set.... you've taken the gauge cluster off your car. very easy to do just might be a problem for the bottom two screws... Good luck to all i hope this helped.

-TEK-NIQ (6thgenmaxima)

(Lil add in's from me)
Old 06-20-2008, 07:45 AM

blue looks so much better, great job!
Old 06-20-2008, 09:01 AM

Very Cool

Wow, when I read the post, I honestly thought that this would look kind of stupid, but I will say I am very impressed. Very cool!
Old 06-20-2008, 07:09 PM
MAXXED OUT Member!

I will also be doing this mod for anyone interested. I am including photos of the project car that I did. Price will be 450 not including shipping to and from me. Just pm me with inquiries. I am not trying to take business from you alliance just offering the same service to help other members get the desired mod they want. By the way, great looking job on the swap.

Heated seats- picture is a little blurry

Instrument cluster with no flash

With flash

next post
Old 06-20-2008, 07:12 PM
MAXXED OUT Member!

Note: blue key light

Note: blue light in slit overhead

Last edited by wildman04; 06-20-2008 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:54 PM

looks great wildman04...
great job... for everyone interested we both have great experience with led installation. I've talked to wildman04 many times... well trusted
Old 06-20-2008, 08:26 PM

so has anyone w/ an 07 done this yet?
Old 06-20-2008, 08:57 PM
MAXXED OUT Member!

I am not sure but send it to alliance or myself and we will pop its cherry.
I have not looked at the 07 or 08 dash but it should not be that much different or difficult than the 04-06.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:15 AM

yea the only thing is we can't test it.... because the connectors are different... so unless you leave your car with one of us... theres really no way of making sure everything works perfect
Old 06-21-2008, 09:36 AM

That looks really hott... will definitely shoot you an email in about a month. I have some ideas and colors I wanna rock in the interior... You are definitely the man!
Old 06-22-2008, 07:35 AM

thank you. Whenever your ready just shoot me an email. keep in mind i need about a week to order all the leds
Old 06-23-2008, 10:37 AM
*moderator*

Hey guys, I found a gauge cluster on EBAY, I bought one when I did mine so I wouldn't have any down time...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...m200233736784&

(remember the mileage is stored on the cluster so your miles will be thrown off when you have it installed)
Old 06-23-2008, 11:00 AM

nice work alliance
Old 06-23-2008, 02:33 PM

good find jsmith... thank you angelmaxima...
i'm about to do a mustang interiors i'll keep you posted

Quick Reply: Interior LED Modd