6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Quick AAI-NIS2 Question

Old 06-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Quick AAI-NIS2 Question

I'm not sure if this has been covered anywhere else, but I haven't been able to find a strait answer on the AAI-NIS2 compatability.

I have a 6th Gen 2006 Maxi with the Non Bose radio. I am wondering if the AAI-NIS2 is compatable with the Non Bose. It mentions it is compatable with SAT ready units. However, I am not sure if there is a Sat Ready Non-Bose and a Non Sat Ready Non-Bose.

My unit does not have a Sat button on it, but it does have a Preset ABC button. I took a look behind the dash and saw I had a 10-pin connector (left), a 6-pin connector (right), and a 16-pin connector (bottom). What connectors does the AAI-NIS2 have?

I appreciate any answers anyone has, or if you could point me to something more definitive.

Thanks!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:52 PM
*moderator*

Did you check the PAC site, this should help. It does say, but it's not totally clear:
Operation: Radios with PRESET ABC button.
1. Turn the factory radio on. To select Auxiliary 1, press the PRESET ABC until ‘A’ is displayed - press the SAT button to select
[Aux 1] input. To select Auxiliary 2, press PRESET ABC until ‘B’ is displayed. - press the SAT button to select [Aux 2] input.
PRESET C is not used.

www.pac-audio.com/instructions/AAI-NIS2.pdf

Diagram:
Old 06-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Thanks for the info. I did see this from PAC's site. I am still confused, as I am getting conflicting information:

PAC says that the AAI-NIS2 works with SAT ready Nissan Stereos. I have seen posts say that the AAI-NIS2 works with the BOSE and the NON BOSE system. However, I have no info on what makes a NON BOSE radio SAT Ready. Some posts say it is just the wiring.
-Makes me confused.

PAC's site says that the AAI-NIS2 works with SAT or the PRESET ABC button. My stereo is a NON BOSE and has NO SAT BUTTON. However, I do have a PRESET ABC button.
-Makes me think this would work.

I looked at my stereo and it has a 10-pin connector (left), a 6-pin connector (right), and a 16-pin connector (bottom). However, the PAC diagram shows a 10-pin connector and a 12-pin connector. This seems incompatable.
-Makes me think this would not work.

Nissan's 06 Maxima Technincal Manuals show only 3 versions of the stereo: NON BOSE, BOSE, and BOSE w NAVI. If there are people out there with NON BOSE systems with SAT (or AAI-NIS2), this should mean that my stereo would work with these as well. However, the manuals show no SAT info on the NON BOSE systems either.
-Again, makes things confusing.

Does anyone have a definitive answer on this? I took the dash apart to get my stereo info. I don't want to take it down again, go out an buy a AAI-NIS2, just to find out it won't work.

Again, any infomation would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 06-19-2008, 12:58 AM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by Power_BK

PAC's site says that the AAI-NIS2 works with SAT or the PRESET ABC button. My stereo is a NON BOSE and has NO SAT BUTTON. However, I do have a PRESET ABC button.
-Makes me think this would work.

Thanks!
That's what got me too, I'd just call them...