6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

The Upgrades have finally started.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 06:32 PM

The Upgrades have finally started.

I finally got a weekend to myself the wife is in Tunica gambling so I could use the garage for my stuff. :-)

Here are my brake calipers before.

Here's my caliper after the first coat.

Here's the same caliper after a few coats and the Nissan stickers.

Here's the front and rear wheels on the car.

Well let me know what you think.

CK
Old 09-27-2008, 06:47 PM
This Space for Rent

not bad, but the rusty rotors look like crap
Old 09-27-2008, 08:10 PM

good job, yeah you should get that rust off. that will make it look sharp
Old 09-27-2008, 08:42 PM

I have new slotted and dimpled rotors and EBC Red brake pads so no worries and that is why I said they have started not finished.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Got Retrofit?

Nice touch. Once that rust is gone it'll be flawless.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:03 AM

nice work so far
Old 09-28-2008, 08:09 AM

I love it,

I'm going to do the same in red !
Where did you get the nissan stickers ?
Old 09-28-2008, 08:38 AM

I like the nissan touch, makes it look authentic. Won't the stickers just come off when the break pads heat up?
Old 09-28-2008, 08:49 AM

ok, sorry to jack up the thread, but i have been trying to post a thread on here for a while, and every time i click on new thread, it says i do not have permission, does any one know why that is??...if any one on here wants to post a thread for me, i would appreciate it, need some info about a maxima im looking at.....Thank You

ok i have been looking at buying a 2004 nissan maxima SE, when i started looking at it the price was 15,995, and now its 13,400..it has 54,000 miles, silver on grey leather interior, and it has the good sunroof, it has an aftermarket grille, and it has these decals on the side that say 22"...so im wondering if it had aftermarket work done on it, it rides very nice and pulls hard, it has a couple dings here in there in the doors, but nothing to to to bad... the build date of this car is NOV.2003

The good
-interior is clean(leather seats)
-low mileage
-good sunroof
-very good price

The bad
-front bumper has scratches(dealership says they will paint before sale)
-22" decals
-the 2 front door panels are cut in the front of doors, there is like 2 inches of plastic cut off, you cant see when door is shut.(why would that have been done)
-slight shimmy from 20-35 MPH
-and engine has a weird scratching noise comming from it in the 2000-2500 RPM range(what could that be?)
Old 09-28-2008, 08:58 AM

Mine stayed in perfect condition for well over a year.
Then I removed them b/c I was changing the calipers
color again. The adhesive can withstand very high temps
an the vinyl side stays shiny & clean so that the design
stands out. I really like your red calipers a lot it's going
to look great with the new rotors.

Here's one of many sites that carry all sorts of designs an such for your calipers:

http://www.xenonmods.com/

Here's my old set-up:

Last edited by The Presence; 09-28-2008 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:03 AM

Hmm... the shimmy from 20-35 sounds like a tranny problem to me. I'd be a little concerned about that since I and others have dealt with similar situations before and all I gotta say is that it is very time consuming. See if the dealership is willing to replace the transmission for you (probably not), if not I'd move on to a better deal. Good thing you noticed it now and not when you got home with it!

Originally Posted by ryan188
ok, sorry to jack up the thread, but i have been trying to post a thread on here for a while, and every time i click on new thread, it says i do not have permission, does any one know why that is??...if any one on here wants to post a thread for me, i would appreciate it, need some info about a maxima im looking at.....Thank You

ok i have been looking at buying a 2004 nissan maxima SE, when i started looking at it the price was 15,995, and now its 13,400..it has 54,000 miles, silver on grey leather interior, and it has the good sunroof, it has an aftermarket grille, and it has these decals on the side that say 22"...so im wondering if it had aftermarket work done on it, it rides very nice and pulls hard, it has a couple dings here in there in the doors, but nothing to to to bad... the build date of this car is NOV.2003

The good
-interior is clean(leather seats)
-low mileage
-good sunroof
-very good price

The bad
-front bumper has scratches(dealership says they will paint before sale)
-22" decals
-the 2 front door panels are cut in the front of doors, there is like 2 inches of plastic cut off, you cant see when door is shut.(why would that have been done)
-slight shimmy from 20-35 MPH
-and engine has a weird scratching noise comming from it in the 2000-2500 RPM range(what could that be?)
Old 09-28-2008, 09:29 AM

Sweet! How long did the whole process take from start to finish, if I might ask? Any pics of them on the Max, just curious cuz I like the Rims as well, and I wanna see the whole package!

Originally Posted by cklamer
I finally got a weekend to myself the wife is in Tunica gambling so I could use the garage for my stuff. :-)

Here are my brake calipers before.

Here's my caliper after the first coat.

Here's the same caliper after a few coats and the Nissan stickers.

Here's the front and rear wheels on the car.

Well let me know what you think.

CK
Old 09-28-2008, 09:36 AM

While I am normally not a thread jacker I am a mod jacker lmao. Awesome pics of the Caliper cklamer. I am waiting for all my parts to come in order to start the mods and I think this will be one of them lol. What paint did you use? Is it simple Krylon Red? You mentioned what it looked like after the first coat, Are you going with about 3? I am waiting on my LED Tailights, Spoiler and Interior LED Kit to come in. Already received my LED Reverse Lights and Clear Door Lenses. Next Weekend is my Birthday and I asked to have the weekend to myself to mod my car. Hopefully everything will be in on time.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by aaroncv
Sweet! How long did the whole process take from start to finish, if I might ask? Any pics of them on the Max, just curious cuz I like the Rims as well, and I wanna see the whole package!
These are the pictures of them on the max.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by uavscrappy
While I am normally not a thread jacker I am a mod jacker lmao. Awesome pics of the Caliper cklamer. I am waiting for all my parts to come in order to start the mods and I think this will be one of them lol. What paint did you use? Is it simple Krylon Red? You mentioned what it looked like after the first coat, Are you going with about 3? I am waiting on my LED Tailights, Spoiler and Interior LED Kit to come in. Already received my LED Reverse Lights and Clear Door Lenses. Next Weekend is my Birthday and I asked to have the weekend to myself to mod my car. Hopefully everything will be in on time.
No. You want to use a high-heat caliper paint. VHT makes a whole bunch of colors. Look it up on ebay if you are too lazy to search the stores.lol.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:56 AM

I meant to say wider shots where I can see it in context of the whole car. Like say 6 or 8 ft away from the car. Nice job!

Originally Posted by 04MAX_ILLIN
These are the pictures of them on the max.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:45 AM

[quote=ryan188;6634015]ok, sorry to jack up the thread, but i have been trying to post a thread on here for a while, and every time i click on new thread, it says i do not have permission, does any one know why that is??...if any one on here wants to post a thread for me, i would appreciate it, need some info about a maxima im looking at.....Thank You

I think you need at least 15 posts for a new thread.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by aaroncv
I meant to say wider shots where I can see it in context of the whole car. Like say 6 or 8 ft away from the car. Nice job!

How about this I still have not pulled it out of the garage yet.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:29 AM

Okay just did one more upgrade this weekend and what a pain in the butt just getting the stock air cleaner out was a real chore.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by uavscrappy
Use the G2 caliper paint. The cost shows the difference as I have done both on stock and 300zx calipers: G2 paint

Old 09-28-2008, 01:51 PM

looks great cklamer...now please drop her...that gap in the front of the car is an eye sore...
Old 09-28-2008, 02:14 PM

Mmm sweet! thnx for that! Looks really good!

Originally Posted by cklamer
How about this I still have not pulled it out of the garage yet.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by blaxima06
looks great cklamer...now please drop her...that gap in the front of the car is an eye sore...

WHAT GAP?
Old 09-28-2008, 03:30 PM

Sorry but I have to have all of the struts and shocks replaced on my wife's car before I can even worry about mine.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:35 PM

Plus I will put these on when I get back from vacation in a few weeks.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:18 PM

yo this is now on my to do list. looks sick!
Old 09-28-2008, 08:44 PM

hey cklamer im actually trying to paint my calipers too how did u do it and how long did it take??
Old 09-29-2008, 01:16 AM

Its going to be a nice setup when its all done. Post pics when you complete it.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by echon
hey cklamer im actually trying to paint my calipers too how did u do it and how long did it take??

Put the car up of four jack stands and took all rims off of the car and I used the G2 Paint system kit. Took me a couple of hours of steady work and you have to wait 15 minutes before doing another coat so I would start on a rear caliper and get the first coat on it and then go back and put another coat on the front. Total actual time to do the all four calipers was about 3 hours.

The thing that was the biggest pain for me was just doing all of the taping and covering before I started painting. But it is an entire weekend thing because after you paint the calipers they have to sit at least 2 hours before you can put the rims back on and a total of 24 hours before you can drive the car so plan an entire weekend around it.

The G2 system is more than just paint because you use a hardener in the paint and chemicals and heat will not remove the finish and all you have to do is spray them off occasionally.

Good Luck
Old 09-29-2008, 01:15 PM

Sweet, nice job!
Old 09-29-2008, 02:00 PM

what kind of rotors are those????
Old 09-29-2008, 02:31 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

Look like Roto pro's...

I have them on my car and they work wonderfully !!!

To the OP. Good luck and keep the mods coming!
Old 09-30-2008, 05:30 AM

Yes they are Rotor Pros slotted and dimpled zinc coated rotors and EBC Red Stuff ceramic brake pads.

I could not believe how rusty the rotors were when I took the tires off. But I will tell you this nothing can be as noisy as my brakes are now. they squeel and they sound like they are grinding even when I take my foot off of the brakes.

I still have all of the suspension parts to install and the front and rear sway bars and the LED taillights.

Last edited by cklamer; 09-30-2008 at 05:35 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:34 AM

By the way before anyone comments on the front end cover i have that on for a reason. I just had the front bumper replaced after a piece of metal took out the other one and it takes 90 days for the paint to fully cure and I have to drive a lot (38 miles one way to work) and some of that is through some road construction areas and they have gravel all over the place and one little rock would take a nice chunk out of that soft paint. So this is keeping it safe while the paint cures.

By the way I spoke to my paint guy at the dealership and he said that several people have mentioned how easy it is to chip the paint off of the hood of out 6th Gens and he said he didn't have a clue why the paint was like that.

Best