6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

sirius install/ stock radio/ rear inputs????

Old 11-05-2008, 04:58 PM

sirius install/ stock radio/ rear inputs????

so i just had a sirius unit installed with a direct fm transmitter at BB and im picking up crackling noises once in awhile. Is there another way to wire my starmate without the front aux input and no fm transmitter?(dont want any wires showing anywhere) i have a stock radio, no bose. Does anyone know if there are rca outputs in the back of an 08 stock radio? or can i splice into the front aux input from the rear? Heres my setup. Any info would be helpful, thanks.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:16 AM

Hay bro..dont know how would it be possible. Buit i can give you this manual that includes full service/harness info about non-bose/bose/bose with nav audio systems in Max.Here is the link...Let me know if that helped...its a PDF file. So make sure you have adobe to open it....Good luck with you Sat radio...Sorry to hear that its bugging you once in a while File link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OSDGI7TM
Old 11-06-2008, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by G-Maxed
Hay bro..dont know how would it be possible. Buit i can give you this manual that includes full service/harness info about non-bose/bose/bose with nav audio systems in Max.Here is the link...Let me know if that helped...its a PDF file. So make sure you have adobe to open it....Good luck with you Sat radio...Sorry to hear that its bugging you once in a while File link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OSDGI7TM

Thank you very much for that. That is a very helpful manual. Makes me wish i would have gotten the bose system. Oh well. Thanks again for the help. I guess my only choice now is to run an aux cable on the outside.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:36 PM

Check in the back and see if there is a way for you not to use the front input and still get an input.
Go through the manual and see if you can find any input pins in the back.
Thats yours best bet. Let me know if i can help you in any other way...
Old 11-12-2008, 08:33 PM

isn't sat radio built into the care stero.. all you have to do is subscribe... Im a Maxima newbie and going on what I have been told!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Baironhorse
isn't sat radio built into the care stero.. all you have to do is subscribe... Im a Maxima newbie and going on what I have been told!!!!!!!!!
ive heard this too but have done a lot of research on my stock radio and it wasnt pre wired. Also the pdf that G_maxed sent also confirmed this in the diagrams. And no inputs in the back that i can use. oh well. Live and learn.