6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

RPM DROPS - RANDOM

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 07:34 AM

RPM DROPS - RANDOM

Wassup guys... so i got a 08 maxima w/ 27,000 miles. This is a issue i've been noticing @ random times....
1... sometimes when i start the car the rpm drops real low like 500rpm n the car starts the vibrate a little & then it just goes back to regular 1k rpm & the vibrating stops.....
2... sometimes when im at a red light.. light turns green and i take off.. at around 2k rpm the car kinda pulls back like somethings pulling it back and it sticks at 2k rpm & then it continues to drive regular after.

any ideas on whats causing either issue? The 2nd problem if i can remember correctly only happens when i have the car in tiptronik mode & take off...
Old 05-09-2009, 08:50 PM

cough******CVT******cough***cough****
Old 05-09-2009, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by I3LaZeN
Wassup guys... so i got a 08 maxima w/ 27,000 miles. This is a issue i've been noticing @ random times....
1... sometimes when i start the car the rpm drops real low like 500rpm n the car starts the vibrate a little & then it just goes back to regular 1k rpm & the vibrating stops.....
2... sometimes when im at a red light.. light turns green and i take off.. at around 2k rpm the car kinda pulls back like somethings pulling it back and it sticks at 2k rpm & then it continues to drive regular after.

any ideas on whats causing either issue? The 2nd problem if i can remember correctly only happens when i have the car in tiptronik mode & take off...
Do you buy any-chance have a remote starter system in your car and or alarm thats aftermarket installed? Reason i ask is cause on my old impala i had an aftermarket starter/alarm installed and one day when i was driving my rps just dropped out of not where and it actually had to do with the alram/starter.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by KillaKam
Do you buy any-chance have a remote starter system in your car and or alarm thats aftermarket installed? Reason i ask is cause on my old impala i had an aftermarket starter/alarm installed and one day when i was driving my rps just dropped out of not where and it actually had to do with the alram/starter.
yea i actually do have a clifford remote start w/ 2way alarm... im hoping this aint the problem!!! the rpm dropping when i start the car hasnt happened in a few weeks... and the rpm drop when i take off hasnt happened in a few weeks also but then it happened like 2 days ago.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:09 AM
K10

I got just like your problem but in different situation, which when I feul the car the RPM dropping and sometimes stop working and when I start the engine it does late really. In the end it was a pipe trapping the air to the engine.

But I guess I agree with KillaKam, never use aftermarket items they will destroy your car.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by I3LaZeN
yea i actually do have a clifford remote start w/ 2way alarm... im hoping this aint the problem!!! the rpm dropping when i start the car hasnt happened in a few weeks... and the rpm drop when i take off hasnt happened in a few weeks also but then it happened like 2 days ago.
Well i'm just have to say that the remote start with the alarm is probably what is causing your issue. When i had that problem with my car it only had happened a couple of times and when i took it to the dealer they said that the remote starter could be the cause of it. So i'd have to say that the Remote start IS your issue. It probably wasn't installed correctly or the correct wires weren't used..