6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Black Ice... My Contribution To Maxima.org

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 04:17 PM

Black Ice... My Contribution To Maxima.org

I officially feel part of the family now!! I picked up my Maxima Friday afternoon and I'm loving it.

Some of you might remember this thread I made about a month back when I first thought I found a Maxima. Special thanks to all those who gave me feedback in that thread. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get either car in that thread... but it worked out for the best.

So from then up until last week I had been waiting for something else to show up that I like. It was mandatory that it had to be black on black. Almost a month went by and nothing.

Then last week I see a 2008 SE with 14,200 miles Fully Loaded. Almost missed out on it but was able to get it. Finally got it home Friday and had to go out of town this past weekend. Had about a 300 mile round trip. This car is great!

I just wanted to share a few pictures I snapped. I plan on taking better one this afternoon so I'll post those as soon as possible.

2008 Nissan Maxima SE
14,200 Miles
Super Black
Black Leather Interior
Moon Roof (with deflector)
Maxima Floormats
Navigation
Bluetooth
Heated Seats/Steering Wheel
Tinted Windows (their pretty dark.. probably at the legal limit. Might get them redone eventually)

Please excuse the crappy pictures... just wanted to show the new addition to the Maxima fam real quick. I'll have better pictures up soon

Introducing.... BLACK ICE

Old 06-08-2009, 04:32 PM

Congrats on the buy!!! Did you get a good deal??? When I got mine I paid $20,000 4 months later my sis got one for $15,000. I shoulda waited. Enjoy the Max & Welcome to the Family!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Nice find. Great color!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 05:02 PM

nice, i probably helped build it. LOL. was it built in the smyrna plant??
Old 06-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Welcome, what took you so long???
Old 06-08-2009, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by eminemdpc
Congrats on the buy!!! Did you get a good deal??? When I got mine I paid $20,000 4 months later my sis got one for $15,000. I shoulda waited. Enjoy the Max & Welcome to the Family!!!
I think I got a pretty good deal. It's basically brand new, fully loaded... I paid around $23000 with taxes and fees. I really was tired of waiting and I couldn't miss out on this one. Thanks!

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Nice find. Great color!!!
Thanks! I guess the saying is true, good things come to those who wait. I freakin love this car. Whoever had it before me really took care of it.
And it's would be right if it wasnt black

Originally Posted by tigersharkdude
nice, i probably helped build it. LOL. was it built in the smyrna plant??
Not sure.. I'll have to check, but if you did... you did a GREAT job!

Originally Posted by chernmax
Welcome, what took you so long???
Aint that the truth. It's been a LONG time coming. I wanted a 6th gen back in 2005 right after I finished college but things didnt work out. Kinda glad it worked out that way because I love the styling of the 6.5.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:04 PM

very nice...gonna be hot hot hot
Old 06-08-2009, 06:30 PM

BLACK IS BEAUTY.............(^^)
Old 06-08-2009, 06:45 PM

congrats on the buy.

And yes black is sexy................

and welcome to the .org(offically)
Old 06-08-2009, 06:53 PM

Great find! I paid around the same for my 07, it has about the same amount of miles on it as yours. Dont change that tint, dark is better legal or not. Now let the modding begin!
Old 06-08-2009, 07:05 PM

Congrats on buying your first Max and getting a good deal on it. That baby is freakn mint man. No let the modding begin!!!! what's up first?
Old 06-08-2009, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Veniality
BLACK IS BEAUTY.............(^^)
Yes it is.
Lovin the grille!! How much did it run ya?
Old 06-08-2009, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Product_Of_Korea
congrats on the buy.

And yes black is sexy................

and welcome to the .org(offically)
Thanks! Yeah, it's official now. I've been around for a little bit but now I feel like I belong

Originally Posted by Playa_FL
Great find! I paid around the same for my 07, it has about the same amount of miles on it as yours. Dont change that tint, dark is better legal or not. Now let the modding begin!
Cool! The more I look at the tint, the more I say I'll keep it. I usually like limo tint. Not sure what percentage this is but it's dark enough. I just dont like how they left a little bit at the top of the rear window untinted.

Originally Posted by ILL-Maxima
Congrats on buying your first Max and getting a good deal on it. That baby is freakn mint man. No let the modding begin!!!! what's up first?
Thanks!! It's clean! I love this car!

As far as mods, I'm not sure. I was go ask the board what do they suggest.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:52 PM

Okay, I got a chance to take some more pictures today. The conditions outside weren't ideal, but atleast it stopped raining for a hot minute. I cleaned it up good yesterday (inside and out) and it figures that it started raining this afternoon when I was about .5 miles away from home. I quick grabbed some towels when I got home and dried it off.

Anyway, here are additional pictures of Black Ice. Hope you enjoy... feel free to comment.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:53 PM

Old 06-08-2009, 07:54 PM

Old 06-08-2009, 08:40 PM

nice car... very sleek
i remember having to choose between a white/black maxima when i went to buy my car. from my sig, i think you'll noticed how it ended..

Last edited by nyana107; 06-08-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:39 PM

NICE! Looks exactly like mine when I brought her home!
I paid the same with 12000 miles on.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:29 AM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

Looks good man.. But you gotta get rid of hte pin strip .. Get some rims first and lowering springs..
Old 06-09-2009, 12:40 AM

Looking sharp!! Ur missing a pedal and you should de-badge the bzitch. Keep the tint. Get the black LED tails like mine. U can black out the chrome strips on the roof. Get a nice black mesh grill too. Thats a good start - cheap easy mods that make a nice difference.

Last edited by DeusExMaxima; 06-09-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:42 AM

very nice... welcome to the Real World...young Neo..wait till you start modding..if you decide to upgrade your stereo..let me know i will take your factory nav system off your hands...
Old 06-09-2009, 12:51 AM

good choice man. looks good but it will be hard keeping it clean and shinny!
Old 06-09-2009, 04:40 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Awesome updated pictures, you don't by any chance have a shirt pocket protector that all those pens in your center console are suppose to go in???
Old 06-09-2009, 07:46 AM

love the black interior.

so sad mine is not lol
Old 06-09-2009, 08:09 AM

FSU alum huh? Wife went to FAMU. She was an electical engineering major, so she stayed in the "E" school most of the time shared with you guys. But she ended up transferring to UWF and got her degree from UF. Funny how all that worked out. OK, now back on topic!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by nyana107
nice car... very sleek
i remember having to choose between a white/black maxima when i went to buy my car. from my sig, i think you'll noticed how it ended..
The white is nice too. Black is my favorite color though plus I love the black on black combo.

Originally Posted by BOOTZ
NICE! Looks exactly like mine when I brought her home!
I paid the same with 12000 miles on.
Cool! Was yours fully loaded also?

Originally Posted by Fastmax05
Looks good man.. But you gotta get rid of hte pin strip .. Get some rims first and lowering springs..
I thought about that. I usually dont like pinstripes so I'll eventually get around to doing something about it. How hard is it to do the lowering springs and how much do they run? Rims are definately in the future somewhere!

Looking sharp!! Ur missing a pedal and you should de-badge the bzitch. Keep the tint. Get the black LED tails like mine. U can black out the chrome strips on the roof. Get a nice black mesh grill too. Thats a good start - cheap easy mods that make a nice difference.
Missing a pedal? Are you referring to a clutch?
I think I am going to keep the tint. It is definitely nice and darker than what I originally thought.
Black LED lights? Any pictures?
I'm definitely going to get a grille... not sure which one yet though.

Originally Posted by Staggered357
very nice... welcome to the Real World...young Neo..wait till you start modding..if you decide to upgrade your stereo..let me know i will take your factory nav system off your hands...
Thanks! This is my first real car I've purchased (had a few hoopies and cheapos in the past) so I think I made an excellent choice. This was the exact car I wanted, and it turned out better than expected.
I probably wont bother the system for now. But if I do I'll be sure to let you know.

Originally Posted by 2LEET4U
good choice man. looks good but it will be hard keeping it clean and shinny!
I know. Especially down here this time of year where it rains basically every afternoon. I'll keep it washed and clean as much as possible. I need to get a good wax got on it.

Originally Posted by chernmax
Awesome updated pictures, you don't by any chance have a shirt pocket protector that all those pens in your center console are suppose to go in???
No pocket protector. We use more scopes, meters, scrip charts, waveguides, fiber optics than the pens.

One of those was a tire gauge. I got the low tire pressure indicator and I need to check the tires to see which one is low. Does it disappear once you inflate the tires or does it have to be reset somehow?

Originally Posted by hmr1979
love the black interior.

so sad mine is not lol
Yeah, it's real nice. I wiped it down with some Black Magic interior spray (made sure it said it was for leather on the bottle) and it really bought some life and a little gloss into it.

FSU alum huh? Wife went to FAMU. She was an electical engineering major, so she stayed in the "E" school most of the time shared with you guys. But she ended up transferring to UWF and got her degree from UF. Funny how all that worked out. OK, now back on topic!
Yes sir. I graduated with a EE degree. Depending on when your wife was there, I might know her or had some classes with her. Yeah, I spend many-a days and night at the E-School. It was great to have that situation where students from both great universities studied and had class together.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:15 AM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

lowering springs is fairly easy.. lots of good threads on here on "HOW TO DO IT" for everything... they are called "Stickies" ... they are at the top of the 6th gen section.. first threads you see..

As for pin strip... DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:23 AM

nice ride so clean
Old 06-09-2009, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by ItsTheShoes

Missing a pedal? Are you referring to a clutch?
I think I am going to keep the tint. It is definitely nice and darker than what I originally thought.
Black LED lights? Any pictures?
I'm definitely going to get a grille... not sure which one yet though.
Yes, it was my tongue-in-cheek way of saying you dont have a 6 speed manual tranny.

Black LED taillights and taking the emblems off the back will really clean it up.

And a pic of my grill:
Old 06-09-2009, 11:54 AM

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice
Old 06-09-2009, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Fastmax05
lowering springs is fairly easy.. lots of good threads on here on "HOW TO DO IT" for everything... they are called "Stickies" ... they are at the top of the 6th gen section.. first threads you see..

As for pin strip... DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gotcha! I've read through most of the stickies. I remember seeing a thread about someone installing lowering springs and they said if you have the right tools it should take a few hours. I do know someone who owns a garage with a pretty decent mechanic and I could probably get him to do it for little to nothing if it's that easy.

I see someone isn't a fan of pinstripes
Old 06-09-2009, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by mrjamaica98mx
nice ride so clean
Thanks!

Yes, it was my tongue-in-cheek way of saying you dont have a 6 speed manual tranny.

Black LED taillights and taking the emblems off the back will really clean it up.
I figured you were talking about a clutch. I guess I aint as slow as some people say I am

Believe it or not, I learned how to drive clutch before an automatic. I was driving a stick at about 8 years old

Those tail lights are nice!!!

Originally Posted by Houstonhulk
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice
Thanks!!
Old 06-09-2009, 02:20 PM

I have a few questions some might be able to answer....

1) Why didn't they use a touch screen for the factory navigation (or am I just slow)? My girl has a fully loaded 2007 Altima SE and I guess I got spoiled with her navigation being touchscreen. It gets a little difficult trying to enter in address with the joystick. The reverse cam on hers is nice too, although the rear bumper sonar on mines is cool.

2) I have the low tire pressure indicator on. I put some air in each tire but it's still on. I have a tire pressure stick now and I'm going to make sure each is at the correct pressure in a little bit. Will the indicator go off once the tires are corrected or do I need to do something to reset it?

3) Can you not adjust the audio settings (bass, treble, etc.) for the stereo? I skimmed through the manual (been busy, haven't made it around to going through it heavily) and didn't see anything in the audio section.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:26 PM

I have a few questions some might be able to answer....

1) Why didn't they use a touch screen for the factory navigation (or am I just slow)? My girl has a fully loaded 2007 Altima SE and I guess I got spoiled with her navigation being touchscreen. It gets a little difficult trying to enter in address with the joystick. The reverse cam on hers is nice too, although the rear bumper sonar on mines is cool.

2) I have the low tire pressure indicator on. I put some air in each tire but it's still on. I have a tire pressure stick now and I'm going to make sure each is at the correct pressure in a little bit. Will the indicator go off once the tires are corrected or do I need to do something to reset it?

3) Can you not adjust the audio settings (bass, treble, etc.) for the stereo? I skimmed through the manual (been busy, haven't made it around to going through it heavily) and didn't see anything in the audio section.
Once you get the pressure where it needs to be, it should go off by itself. On the audio part, there should be a place to make all the adjustments, just play around with the buttons for a bit. Pretty much every car can adjust those settings. Man its funny how they put some cool stuff in the same model year altima, but not the max. I guess they were waiting to put all the cool stuff in the 09s since it is a redesign year.
What year you graduate college? My wife was there from 02-05. I miss Tallahassee.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:04 PM

Once you get the pressure where it needs to be, it should go off by itself. On the audio part, there should be a place to make all the adjustments, just play around with the buttons for a bit. Pretty much every car can adjust those settings. Man its funny how they put some cool stuff in the same model year altima, but not the max. I guess they were waiting to put all the cool stuff in the 09s since it is a redesign year.
What year you graduate college? My wife was there from 02-05. I miss Tallahassee.
Yeah, I'll try to play with it in the next few days. Just been busy with work and haven't really had a chance yet.
And you're right about the features the 2007 Altima has that the 2008 Maxima doesnt. Her screen tilts, is touchscreen, and she has the reverse camera. I know my car does have a few features hers does though like the heated steering wheel.
Ah man, I might know her. I was there from 2000-2005. And yes, I dearly miss Tha Hill I haven't been back up there since my old roommate graduated in December 2005... me and a few of my homeboys are talking about going up there one weekend just for old times sake
Old 06-10-2009, 08:39 PM

[quote=ItsTheShoes;7068018]The white is nice too. Black is my favorite color though plus I love the black on black combo.

Cool! Was yours fully loaded also?

Yea. Fully loaded! Mine didn't have pinstripe or the wind deflector though.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:47 PM

Congrads on the car. Great choice in color! LOL But definately go for the black LED, I got the red LED on my black max, but the black LED look so much better than the red LED.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:57 AM

the max load on your tires are 44 psi. just pump them up and the indicator light should go away. if it's still there. my guess would be the TPMS are missing inside your rims.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by nyana107
the max load on your tires are 44 psi. just pump them up and the indicator light should go away. if it's still there. my guess would be the TPMS are missing inside your rims.
OK, thanks. I thought it was like 35psi with cold tires? Atleast that's what I thought I read on the door seal. That's what ther're at now.

I think it may be something else though. It comes on when you 1st start the car and blinks a few times, then stays on. From what I saw in the manual, this has something to do with the TPMS. Can I just disconnect the battery and maybe it'll go away or reset itself??

Also, what octane of gas do you guys use? I know 87 isn't recommended... I've been using mostly 89.

Also, since I just got the car, I want to get everything check out along with getting the tires rotated and oil changed. Should I take it to a stealership and how much does that normally run?
Old 06-13-2009, 11:16 AM

OK, thanks. I thought it was like 35psi with cold tires? Atleast that's what I thought I read on the door seal. That's what ther're at now.

I think it may be something else though. It comes on when you 1st start the car and blinks a few times, then stays on. From what I saw in the manual, this has something to do with the TPMS. Can I just disconnect the battery and maybe it'll go away or reset itself??

Also, what octane of gas do you guys use? I know 87 isn't recommended... I've been using mostly 89.

Also, since I just got the car, I want to get everything check out along with getting the tires rotated and oil changed. Should I take it to a stealership and how much does that normally run?

You can try disconnecting the battery to see if that works. If not, then you can take it to the stealer to let them check it out. Should be free since you are still under warranty. Do you guys have an auto exam there in FL? You can try taking it to a reputable independent shop to have everything checked over and the oil changed. There are alot of people who waste money taking their car to dealer for the smallest stuff. Why pay $30 for an oil change when you can take it to jiffy lube or walmart express oil and have it done for $20? Most places give coupons, you sometimes its cheaper than that. I sent you a PM a while ago, did you get it?

Quick Reply: Black Ice... My Contribution To Maxima.org