6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Black Ice... My Contribution To Maxima.org

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Playa_FL
You can try disconnecting the battery to see if that works. If not, then you can take it to the stealer to let them check it out. Should be free since you are still under warranty. Do you guys have an auto exam there in FL? You can try taking it to a reputable independent shop to have everything checked over and the oil changed. There are alot of people who waste money taking their car to dealer for the smallest stuff. Why pay $30 for an oil change when you can take it to jiffy lube or walmart express oil and have it done for $20? Most places give coupons, you sometimes its cheaper than that. I sent you a PM a while ago, did you get it?
I figured atleast since I just got it I'd take it to the stealership for the first time to get eveything checked out and all. Not sure about an auto exam. I do know a pretty good mechanic at my cousin't shop who could probably do most of the small stuff... maybe he could do the lowering springs if I get some. I really want to get a grill.. I like the E&G one. Trying to find a good prie on one.

I replied to your PM... preciate it.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:04 PM

The car looks good bro. I love black cars but keeping her clean is a B***! You can get rid of the pinstripe quite easily. If you're afraid to do it yourself, or can't be bothered, a body shop will do it for like $25. It takes them two minutes for each side with the rubber eraser wheel and air tools.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

congrats on the buy...idk i rlly lookd to find a gd deal on a SE but i cud find one wit leather and for me leather was mandatory so i ended up wit a SL still...happy wit it tho
Old 06-14-2009, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Asav
The car looks good bro. I love black cars but keeping her clean is a B***! You can get rid of the pinstripe quite easily. If you're afraid to do it yourself, or can't be bothered, a body shop will do it for like $25. It takes them two minutes for each side with the rubber eraser wheel and air tools.
Thanks!
Yeah. that's about the only downside to black cars. I try to keep it in the garage as much as possible so hopefully that'll help.

Originally Posted by wnaseem
congrats on the buy...idk i rlly lookd to find a gd deal on a SE but i cud find one wit leather and for me leather was mandatory so i ended up wit a SL still...happy wit it tho
Thanks! Luckily for me, I had more avenues besides dealers so it took me about a month to find the exact car I wanted. I'm happy with it. It has everything I wanted and it's in excellent shape.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

thats is, a beautiful car
now you just need a catback D