6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Want to Lower My Max.. Done a bit of research.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 09:24 AM

Want to Lower My Max.. Done a bit of research.

Hey guys, I want to lower my 06. I've done a little poking around and I think I've found a good setup.

I want to go with the Eibach Pro kit. (-2.0F/-0.8R)

My car has 38k miles.. I won't need new struts now will I?

Also.. will the Ingalls front camber kit be a good one? I know it's not a HUGE drop.. but I don't want to burn through tires ANY faster.

So basically.. I guess I'm just wondering if there are any BETTER parts out there? I like how much the PROkit lowers it, but is it the best set of springs? I don't want coilovers.. And is Ingalls ok for camber kit?

Also... where should I buy these through for the best price?

Thanks In advance!! I have only lowered 1 of my cars in the past.. so forgive me for any stupid questions!

Last edited by jcrome04; 08-01-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:41 AM

everyone has their own opinion on how the springs ride. i have teins and love them other ppl dont like them. just buy the ones that YOU think will enjoy due to the ride height. like i said i have the teins and just bought them out the blue from a guy in orlando without looking into them and i think their awesome
Old 08-01-2010, 09:48 AM

I want the -2.0 drop..

Also.. is a camber kit just a few bolts? I've never been in the market for one.. so I don't know what I'm looking for here..
for example..
http://www.jcwhitney.com/camber-kits...1681j1s21.jcwx
Old 08-01-2010, 11:27 AM
KC's FINEST

At least half of the members I know have switched from Eibach to Progress and couldn't be happier.

BTW, camber kits arent needed for our cars. Once the drop is complete, have the alignment checked. I've been dropped for over 4 years without any tire issues.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:36 AM

Not to jack your thread, but I think this will add some valuable info to it...
If Progress springs are used, what is the best shock/strut combo to use in conjunction with the Progress springs?

Last edited by 1hawaii50; 08-01-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:06 PM

I had Eibach springs with KYB GR-2 and the ride was great but left a 2 inch gap in front, thus making the back look like it's sagging.\\

Now Im on Progress springs and KYB GR-2 and rides better the the Eibach's and sits lower in front even thought the the front on progress is only 1.8 and not 2.

I was very skeptical at first because I have always trusted Eibach on on my drops and never had Progress but I went for it and couldn't be any happier. Eibach have great products and warranty but in this case, Progress FTW.

Eibach and 19s

Progress and 20s

Old 08-01-2010, 12:11 PM

raz u make me hate my 6.5. lol. shyz looks hella sexy bro
Old 08-01-2010, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by maxed_out_saloon
raz u make me hate my 6.5. lol. shyz looks hella sexy bro
thanks but why, wish I had the color your max has. I like the silver but like your color better. You just need some wheels but a max is sexy period. Wait until I bag this sucka...lol
Old 08-01-2010, 02:22 PM
KC's FINEST

Originally Posted by 1hawaii50
Not to jack your thread, but I think this will add some valuable info to it...
If Progress springs are used, what is the best shock/strut combo to use in conjunction with the Progress springs?
Im on progress/stock.

I've also had my max since may of 03 and I haven't hit 50K miles yet.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by RAZ76
thanks but why, wish I had the color your max has. I like the silver but like your color better. You just need some wheels but a max is sexy period. Wait until I bag this sucka...lol
lol thats gonna be sick man. and idk wat it is about ur car but its just sick. lol
Old 08-02-2010, 08:37 PM

So there is NO benefit to a camber kit? The stocks are adjustable enough?
I found the Eibach camber kit for $30... doesn't seem like a big chunk of change..

And how does the Eibach differ from Progress? Ride Quality? I don't need it to ride like it's on rails.. I mainly want the look, and keep the stock lux/sport ride.

RAZ76.. The ride height in the pics looks VERY similar.. however.. the pic of the progress is a MUCH better photo from a diff angle.. I think that could throw the eye as to how "truly" different they are.

Does anyone have shots from similar angles? of eibach vs progress??
Old 08-02-2010, 09:21 PM

I started out just like you and bought springs, then I was told that our struts go faster when they are lowered (Keep in mind I have a 04, so your strut quality may be diffrent even if the model number is the same) so I figured its gonna cost me the same since im taking everything apart so why not get struts and shocks so then I bought those. Then there was a gd from Racingline for front and rear endlinks, got those then swaybar and strutbar and you get the idea. point is if your paying someone or don't like taking things apart multiple times just get everything together and done in one shot.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:08 AM

i think im going with the progress springs with kyb gr-2
Old 08-03-2010, 10:21 AM

I had progress before my coilovers...loved them. Eibach's dont give as nice of a stance IMO, and they are more expensive...i'd suggest Progress. Oh, and I was on factory struts and no camber kit, they can adjust the factory plenty.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:31 PM

What is the diff in ride quality??

Eibach vs Progress?????
Old 08-05-2010, 11:25 AM

Anyone?
Old 08-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I switched from Progress to Teins. I've heard that Eibachs and Teins are similar.

Ride quality: Teins > Progress. Especially over time, the Progess just got to stiff and too low as they settled.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:34 AM

can we get links to the progress springs and the kyb gr-2?
Old 08-05-2010, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Apollos2
I switched from Progress to Teins. I've heard that Eibachs and Teins are similar.

Ride quality: Teins > Progress. Especially over time, the Progess just got to stiff and too low as they settled.
This surprises me, as I've always heard that Progress rode a little nicer/softer than the Teins.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by 1hawaii50
This surprises me, as I've always heard that Progress rode a little nicer/softer than the Teins.
Well, I've had them both and I can tell you, I wouldn't go back to Progress unless maybe I decided I was going to do autox or something with the my car. I think they do handle a little better, hence the stiffer ride.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:27 PM

I've never had the Tein springs, just their coilovers, but to me the Tein's on a 6th gen always seemed to drop the car lower then progress springs, so that may be something to consider as well, if you dont want to go TOO low. I know a couple guys that switched from Tein to Progress just because they got sick of being so low, even though they are not rated to be as low as they actually are.

All in what you want and what you feel comfortable with.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:05 PM

I want to keep as much ride quality as I can.. So I'll go with Eibachs.

Thanks for everyones input.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Donating i30 Owner

A32 ftw... AND back to topic... has anyone tried vogtland springs? I have them with Konis on my A32 and love them compared to other combos ive tried and they dont lower too much. Im sure they offer them for diff. gens.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:45 PM

I got a question. Im from Canada, Montreal. Here winters are pretty rough. Does it affect the driving if I drop my car here and keep the springs on for the winter? Will it rub against my fender? I have stock wheels on.

Last edited by voltgaming; 08-08-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:06 PM

I've had the Eibach springs first and now progress, the ride is very similar, both ride good and not harsh like some say. If you think progress is harsh, stick with stock suspension, seriously. Reason I changed to Progress is because of teh stance, Eibach didn't give me the stance I wanted.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:28 AM

i would love to drop my max
Old 08-10-2010, 04:16 AM

Where do you purchase the Progress springs, and does anyone have a part number?

Looking into buying a set for my 06.

thanks.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by ACWS6
Where do you purchase the Progress springs, and does anyone have a part number?

Looking into buying a set for my 06.

thanks.
http://www.importcarpartsplus.com/ma...on.htm#Springs

no thread jacking newbie!!!
Old 08-10-2010, 03:18 PM

lol I know.

I would had made a thread , but the retarded rules of having a minimum of 15 posts to create a new thread, kinda pwned me. Thus resulting in why I hi-jacked this one, no harm meant I promise hehe.

As I continue to get my post count up, this will be 3.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:21 PM
dot dot dot ...

lol I know.

I would had made a thread , but the retarded rules of having a minimum of 15 posts to create a new thread, kinda pwned me. Thus resulting in why I hi-jacked this one, no harm meant I promise hehe.

http://forums.maxima.org/group-deals...17/?daysprune=
Old 08-10-2010, 07:07 PM

I have Teins with stock shocks and struts and i love them. Ride quality is pretty smooth and similar to stock and i dont have to deal with the knocking noises Eibach brings. To tell you the truth you have not done enough research. Before i bought my Teins i narrowed it down to 3 choices: Progress, Eibachs and Teins. The only reason why i didnt choose Progress is because people said the ride quality is pretty harsh and i wouldnt be able to tolerate it with all the potholes in the city along with stop and go traffic. I also didnt want to deal with Eibachs knocking problem too so at the end of the day i had to choose Teins. Pretty much choose what fits your driving condition otherwise go with Progress.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ryaliu
I have Teins with stock shocks and struts and i love them. Ride quality is pretty smooth and similar to stock and i dont have to deal with the knocking noises Eibach brings. To tell you the truth you have not done enough research. Before i bought my Teins i narrowed it down to 3 choices: Progress, Eibachs and Teins. The only reason why i didnt choose Progress is because people said the ride quality is pretty harsh and i wouldnt be able to tolerate it with all the potholes in the city along with stop and go traffic. I also didnt want to deal with Eibachs knocking problem too so at the end of the day i had to choose Teins. Pretty much choose what fits your driving condition otherwise go with Progress.

Somebody lied to you bud. I had teh Eibach's and I had no knocking. I have Progress now and they are not harsh at all, I think they ride better then Eibach. I have them matched up with KYB GR-2
Old 08-10-2010, 08:18 PM

Somebody lied to you bud. I had teh Eibach's and I had no knocking. I have Progress now and they are not harsh at all, I think they ride better then Eibach. I have them matched up with KYB GR-2
Everyone has their own definition to harsh. I use to drive a slammed RSX so that is my definition of harsh.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

hmmm, i was considering going with teins.....
Old 08-10-2010, 09:07 PM

I don't like bouncy or harsh suspension, progress is not that way at all. Rides smooth.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:27 AM

lol I know.

lol start post whoring like a **** then
Old 08-11-2010, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by maxed_out_saloon
lol start post whoring like a **** then
lol - +1
Old 08-11-2010, 06:38 AM

I don't like bouncy or harsh suspension, progress is not that way at all. Rides smooth.
I disagree with you on that one. Have you had Teins on your Maxima yet?
I've had them both. Well actually I had all three Eibachs, Progress and Teins.

1. Eibachs purchased and sold because early on there were knocking issues that scared me back in 2005 and being a newb to it all, I never put them on.

2. Progress springs installed. I've said it in many threads. Progress = greater handling/cornering but the ride is a bit too harsh for my taste. Yes even bouncy. I hate the "ricer bounce" I'm am on the stock shocks and struts. I see you are on KYB GR-2, maybe that is making the difference?
Anyway , I swtiched in 2009 http://forums.maxima.org/6th-generat...s-vs-tein.html

3. Teins: Been happy ever since. Don't get my wrong, I am NOT KNOCKING Progress or anyone on them. I am not even trying to get "more guys on Teins". I just want to put my experience out there so you guys can have a little more info when you make your choice.

TEINS VS PROGRESS FRONT

TEINS VS PROGRESS REAR

TEINS VS STOCK
Old 08-11-2010, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Apollos2
I disagree with you on that one. Have you had Teins on your Maxima yet?
I've had them both. Well actually I had all three Eibachs, Progress and Teins.

1. Eibachs purchased and sold because early on there were knocking issues that scared me back in 2005 and being a newb to it all, I never put them on.

2. Progress springs installed. I've said it in many threads. Progress = greater handling/cornering but the ride is a bit too harsh for my taste. Yes even bouncy. I hate the "ricer bounce" I'm am on the stock shocks and struts. I see you are on KYB GR-2, maybe that is making the difference?
Anyway , I swtiched in 2009 http://forums.maxima.org/6th-generat...s-vs-tein.html

3. Teins: Been happy ever since. Don't get my wrong, I am NOT KNOCKING Progress or anyone on them. I am not even trying to get "more guys on Teins". I just want to put my experience out there so you guys can have a little more info when you make your choice.

TEINS VS PROGRESS FRONT

TEINS VS PROGRESS REAR

TEINS VS STOCK
Very well said Apollo.

The knocking problem was something i wanted to avoid completely and that is why i didnt buy eibachs and a while ago they produced some defected springs that had to be sent back. I would had gone with progress too but if i wanted the handling and stiffness i would had bought coilovers instead. There is nothing wrong with any of the three companies it is just what I preferred for my use and so far i have nothing bad to say about Teins. Nice even drop without the sagging look and not bouncy at all.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:35 PM

Ordered the Progress springs last night, anxious to get them on.

I have lowered my Lightning, and my 2000 WS6. The WS6 has the strut/spring combo up front. Are there any tips/tricks to installing lowering springs on a Maxima? I am new to the import thing, but anxious to get the Maxima where I want it both looks and performance wise.

Quick Reply: Want to Lower My Max.. Done a bit of research.