6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Trunk Button FAIL on my 6.5 plz help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 11:04 AM

Trunk Button FAIL on my 6.5 plz help.

Heyy..

My trunk button doesn't work. I had to replace my trunk latch itself because it was broken, do u think it requires any reprogramming or is it being pathetic itself? Shouldn't it automatically work after the replacement?

When I press it, the trunk doesn't unlatch. I have to use my remote or the button on the driver's side door panel. ANY ADVISE IS MUCH AND GREATLY APPRECIATED!! thank you.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:08 PM
*moderator*

PM sent and sorry misunderstood, forgot that the 6.5 has the button (04-06 does not) I'd call the dealer or try to get in there and see if maybe it's disconnected or check the fuses...
Old 08-26-2010, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
PM sent and sorry misunderstood, forgot that the 6.5 has the button (04-06 does not) I'd call the dealer or try to get in there and see if maybe it's disconnected or check the fuses...
yikers.. they want $110 for diagnostic only. lol i was trying to troubleshoot thru here. lol. i feel like i want to scream with my car at times!! i will try to check the fuses today. i didn't even know the trunk button existed until i read the dam manual. lol. ugh! WOOOOOSSAAAAAAAAHHH!!
Old 08-26-2010, 02:24 PM

Im lost, what other button is there besides the remote and the switch on the drivers side door?
Old 08-26-2010, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by 06BlckMax
Im lost, what other button is there besides the remote and the switch on the drivers side door?
the button above the license plate. =)
Old 08-26-2010, 04:39 PM

oooooo I have a 06 didnt know 6.5s had another one now I get what J was saying
Old 08-26-2010, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by 06BlckMax
oooooo I have a 06 didnt know 6.5s had another one now I get what J was saying

yea.. not very many had 6.5 i was told. hmmmpphhsss!
Old 08-27-2010, 11:16 PM

You could just forget it and live like us 04-06 owners!
Old 08-27-2010, 11:18 PM

Look in the glove compartment.. there's a button in there for the trunk switch. See if its on or off... then try it again. If that doesnt work then i dont know what to tell yah.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Nellanaesp
You could just forget it and live like us 04-06 owners!
nooooo... it's helpful when u have 3 dogs on leashes , ur purse, and ur groceries! haha! that button helps! i can't always get to the remote and it's a hassle to walk to the driver's side door, open and hit hte button! hahahah!

Originally Posted by I3LaZeN
Look in the glove compartment.. there's a button in there for the trunk switch. See if its on or off... then try it again. If that doesnt work then i dont know what to tell yah.

really? thank you! i will look and keep u updated! thanks again!
Old 08-30-2010, 05:09 PM

im trunk switch on the driver door stopped poping the trunk open. the problem laid in the BCM unit relay that controlled the trunk....but it only stopped working because I have an aftermarket alarm with trunk pop installed...you can start there;..
Old 08-30-2010, 07:10 PM

Old 09-01-2010, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by chris350
im trunk switch on the driver door stopped poping the trunk open. the problem laid in the BCM unit relay that controlled the trunk....but it only stopped working because I have an aftermarket alarm with trunk pop installed...you can start there;..
i have the factory alarm crap. it's just the button ont he trunk itself that doesn't work. the one on the driver's side door works. hmmphs!

Originally Posted by LucKie1nE

did it already. no luck.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:14 PM

yea it was on. buttonstilldoesn't work. fuses are good.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:03 PM

Assuming that you have the stock radio or installed an NIRD-01 with an aftermarket radio. It doesn't say "trunk open" on the drivers information display does it?

The only thing i come up with considering that you just changed the trunk latch is that the switch built into the trunk latch is faulty. Both the button on the drivers door and keyfob will cycle the trunk solenoid when the trunk is open but the request button on the trunk lid will not if it thinks the trunk is already open. But this would also make the drivers information display that the trunk is open and turn on the trunk light.

If the factory radio has been replaced without installing the NIRD-01 the display will be blank. Fold the rear seat down and look to see if the trunk light is on. If its on then the problem is a faulty switch in the new trunk latch. There is no worry about the light draining the battery its on the same battery saver circuit as the interior lights.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by DAlastDON
Assuming that you have the stock radio or installed an NIRD-01 with an aftermarket radio. It doesn't say "trunk open" on the drivers information display does it?

The only thing i come up with considering that you just changed the trunk latch is that the switch built into the trunk latch is faulty. Both the button on the drivers door and keyfob will cycle the trunk solenoid when the trunk is open but the request button on the trunk lid will not if it thinks the trunk is already open. But this would also make the drivers information display that the trunk is open and turn on the trunk light.

If the factory radio has been replaced without installing the NIRD-01 the display will be blank. Fold the rear seat down and look to see if the trunk light is on. If its on then the problem is a faulty switch in the new trunk latch. There is no worry about the light draining the battery its on the same battery saver circuit as the interior lights.

i will test it tonite!!! i wanna kick it already. everything's factory. i haven't touched it.. at least yet. im thinking of a faulty switch! hmphs! thank you for the advice. i will keep u updated.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:30 AM

If the stock radio is still in then the drivers information display would be saying the trunk is open. Did you do anything down by the bumper? Thats where the antenna is for the intelligent key.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:45 PM

Why did you have to replace the trunk latch in the first place? And why don't you pull it back out, and make sure all the connections are made. It would seem as though the button was just never reconnected, or it's a bad button and needs to be replaced. Since everything else seems to be working correctly, that's got to be the location of the problem.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by DAlastDON
If the stock radio is still in then the drivers information display would be saying the trunk is open. Did you do anything down by the bumper? Thats where the antenna is for the intelligent key.
didn't touch the bumper. hmmm.. i will have to look into that. ANTENNA HERE I COME!

Originally Posted by MadMax07SL
Why did you have to replace the trunk latch in the first place? And why don't you pull it back out, and make sure all the connections are made. It would seem as though the button was just never reconnected, or it's a bad button and needs to be replaced. Since everything else seems to be working correctly, that's got to be the location of the problem.
the latch became loose after the plastic housing broke by slamming the trunk down. it became unaligned and we jsut replaced the whole latch. so it must be a connection to the trunk itself. intereesting. i will also look into that. thanks everyone. i will keep u updated!