6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Suspension Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 06:03 AM
Create From Nothing

OK, I was told that the inner tie rod was bad on the drivers side, and that my passengers is starting to go bad. My uncle told me to just get both inner and outer tie rods.When I do searches I only see the tie rod ends not the entire rod. Is that what I should be looking for or should I try to find the whole rod

I've found these...Anyone have any opinions

Duralast Inner Tie Rod

Duralast Outer Tie Rod

Last edited by Digital Alchemy; 02-25-2011 at 06:10 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Digital Alchemy
OK, I was told that the inner tie rod was bad on the drivers side, and that my passengers is starting to go bad. My uncle told me to just get both inner and outer tie rods.When I do searches I only see the tie rod ends not the entire rod. Is that what I should be looking for or should I try to find the whole rod

I've found these...Anyone have any opinions

Duralast Inner Tie Rod

Duralast Outer Tie Rod
That's the one but you are missing out on boot kit. Get both rods and boot kit while you're at it. Also if money is factor which I can see from your another post then duralast will work fine otherwise I would suggest to get something like moog or better quality.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by KevMaster
Don't forget to get upper/lower rubber seats for front springs if you dont have them. You can get that from dealers for under $30 for both sides.
Would these be included in a new strut mount kit? I just had my strut mounts replaced on both sides.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by officerfrasher
Would these be included in a new strut mount kit? I just had my strut mounts replaced on both sides.
No they are not part of strut mount kit. May be whoever did replace your strut mounts ended-up using the same old rubber seats. That's fine if they were in good shape.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:04 PM

No they are not part of strut mount kit. May be whoever did replace your strut mounts ended-up using the same old rubber seats. That's fine if they were in good shape.
Can these only be gotten at the dealer? The guy at AutoZone didn't seem to know what the heck I was talking about.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Big Racingline F/R endlink supporter, only change I made were Energy Suspension bushings!!! Wish Taz had more in stock if that's the only problem with people getting them!

Rear RL Endlinks

Front RL Endlinks

Old 04-11-2011, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by chernmax
Big Racingline F/R endlink supporter, only change I made were Energy Suspension bushings!!! Wish Taz had more in stock if that's the only problem with people getting them!

Rear RL Endlinks

Front RL Endlinks

Did you put these on yourself? If so, is there anything to watch out for? Any special trick to make it go smoother?
Old 04-11-2011, 04:25 PM

Yeah I installed myself, only thing was I went to NAPA Auto Parts and had to get slightly longer bolts to fit the Energy Suspension bushings (bushing & washers come with the set!, best $12 bucks I spent!), look for Grade 8 or better bolt strength, best for car suspension parts!

http://www.boltdepot.com/fastener-in...ade-chart.aspx

They were super easy to install with a wrench knowledge of 1 out of 5!!! I also had my ride on a lift which made the process a 10 minute install each side without removing my wheels. And that's both front and rear...

double nut is old school tightening, lock tight works well also!!!

PS all hand tools...

Last edited by chernmax; 04-11-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:11 PM

Can these only be gotten at the dealer? The guy at AutoZone didn't seem to know what the heck I was talking about.
These are the spring seats I was talking about. They are only available at dealer as of now. Like I have said if your original ones are in good shape then you don't need these.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:42 AM
TAZ
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Chris, I didn't realize you were still running the old V1's. The newer V2's come with ES bushings and can be adjusted while on the car. pm me your info and we'll get you upgraded + some traction rods for that beastly turbo of yours
Old 04-12-2011, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Racingline
Chris, I didn't realize you were still running the old V1's. The newer V2's come with ES bushings and can be adjusted while on the car. pm me your info and we'll get you upgraded + some traction rods for that beastly turbo of yours
Thanks TAZ, probably why after 6+ years you and I continually do business together and your quality product name have earned a place on my engine bay. I have had your awesome front and rear endlink products on my car for 5+ years and are track tested!

PEOPLE, lets be clear about something, Racingline is not my sponsor, nor do I get anything for free, I do however endorse quality!!!

Old 04-21-2011, 02:53 PM

Rear RL Endlinks

Front RL Endlinks

Do you have your front endlinks installed upside down?? Racingline's website shows them being installed this way:

The installation instructions also say:

3. Install endlinks ball joint side up as shown.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:48 PM

Do you have your front endlinks installed upside down?? Racingline's website shows them being installed this way:

The installation instructions also say:

3. Install endlinks ball joint side up as shown.

For Endlinks IMO does not matter when used with coilovers...

Last edited by chernmax; 04-21-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:37 PM

For Endlinks IMO does not matter when used with coilovers...
10-4!
Old 04-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

how much will that type of upgraded $cost$ you.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by pogo443
how much will that type of upgraded $cost$ you.
Check it out here: http://racinglineperformance.com/sho...?idCategory=25

Front only $130 + shipping
Front & Rear about $210 + shipping from Canada
Old 04-26-2011, 05:04 PM

No offense to anyone out here and with all due respect, this racingline endlinks are way over priced. We are in process to qualify front endlinks that blow racingline endlinks straight out of water with low price.

Sneak Peak photo until it's finalize. Thickness comparision between moog and new endlink.

Last edited by KevMaster; 04-26-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:44 PM

No offense to anyone out here and with all due respect, this racingline endlinks are way over priced. We are in process to qualify front endlinks that blow racingline endlinks straight out of water with low price.

Sneak Peak photo until it's finalize. Thickness comparision between moog and new endlink.

I've not been able to find any other endlinks anywhere. I've heard that Moog makes them, but I've never found a place to buy them. So for me, it's Racingline or nothing.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:18 PM

I've not been able to find any other endlinks anywhere. I've heard that Moog makes them, but I've never found a place to buy them. So for me, it's Racingline or nothing.
The black one you see is picture is made by moog. You can see how thicker and stronger the other one is.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:40 PM

I have the Moog and they are much thicker than the OEM's. I got them at Federated Auto Parts. The only drawback is that they need greased a few times a year. I had the RacingLine endlinks around 2 years ago. During their first winter on my Max the ball joint seized with rust and then when I was making a turn--- SNAP!!!! The endlink's ball joint snapped off at its neck. I only had them for @ 5 months, IIRC. Got the Moog's and I have been very happy.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Create From Nothing

Sorry for not posting any updates, life has been a little hectic. Started a gallery

http://forums.maxima.org/album.php?albumid=4724

Will update once I start the install...hopefully it will be real soon
Old 04-30-2011, 01:29 PM

Sorry for not posting any updates, life has been a little hectic. Started a gallery

http://forums.maxima.org/album.php?albumid=4724

Will update once I start the install...hopefully it will be real soon
I went with the Tein as well.
What are you waiting to get them all install?
It's pretty easy if that's what you concerned about.

It took me one hour from having this......

.......to this

Only two things need to remember.

1) One is "Out" on top mount plate face towards cam bolt mount.

2) Bearing is not getting damaged.

Last edited by KevMaster; 04-30-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:41 PM
Create From Nothing

My uncle and I, do all the work on my car, i prefer to keep money in the family, and its a way to spend time with my uncle
Old 05-01-2011, 04:46 PM

My uncle and I, do all the work on my car, i prefer to keep money in the family, and its a way to spend time with my uncle
I hear ya......it's also freaking expensive labor to install them else where. the lowest I was quoted was $175 for struts and socks replacement but when I try to add end links, springs, and other stuff then the labot went up to more than $500 freaking out of mind. I then waited for a right weather and installed everything myself. It took almost a day because all I had was cheapy hand tools and empty parking spot with two jack stands. The hard part is to install endlinks when car was on jack stands but besied that it's not difficult but just time consuming job.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:40 PM

KYB mounts are horrible and so are the gr2 struts...i installed these on all 4 corners and 3 are good, my front rt. strut has been replaced 2 times and the strut is still bad...i will be taking the car to a performance shop to have them install another strut to ensure installation is done right and if the strut is bad again they can change it...ive never had this problem with any car other than a maxima...my wrx had tein springs and kyb agx struts and worked great for years...i can't even get 4 gr2 strut's that are actually good from the factory...all suggestions are also welcome...thanks!!