6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

I NEED HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 10:30 AM

I NEED HELP!!

Alright so my battery was dead for a couple days. Finally i jumped it and drove it around. Now the car starts up and drives perfectly fine. BUT when i first turn it on the stock alarm red light flashes and the radio and the tail lights for a good 3 minutes then stops. Please Help. What can it be?
Old 03-26-2011, 12:29 PM

Don't know much about the situation but I get almost the same thing when I unhook the battery for a while. My alarm would just go off and I would have to stop it with the remote.

Do you still have this issue when you turn on your car? Because that would be odd if it happens every single time you decide to start your car.

Might be time for a new battery.....
Old 03-26-2011, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by 6.5affiliate
Don't know much about the situation but I get almost the same thing when I unhook the battery for a while. My alarm would just go off and I would have to stop it with the remote.

Do you still have this issue when you turn on your car? Because that would be odd if it happens every single time you decide to start your car.

Might be time for a new battery.....
and it does it when i first turn it on. but after a minute or so it stops. well it might need a new battery. it was bought like close to a year ago but it was sitting for a good minth recently.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:38 PM

This happened to me before too
Old 03-26-2011, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by kaseman94
and it does it when i first turn it on. but after a minute or so it stops. well it might need a new battery. it was bought like close to a year ago but it was sitting for a good minth recently.
That's weird man, you might wanna check the fuse box inside the car and in the engine bay. See if anything got blown and needs replacing. Then you should just go and use this as an opportunity to get yourself a real good battery.

Maybe an optima yellow top or something if you got the money for it. You might as well you know.

Last edited by 6.5affiliate; 03-26-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:15 AM

Battery has a bad cell, replace it.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:22 AM

yep bad battery will mess with your on-board-computer. replace it asap.

When mine went out, the car started and ran good. then while driving "trunk open" started to pop up. as time went on all kinds of weird things started to pop up while driving. the obc would say a door open whil at 70mph. I replace the battery and al is well.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Before you just jump on a dead battery do a test on the alternator too. Start the car and disconnect the Positive battery terminal and if the car dies the Alternator may be suspect. Also reach down and check the alternator belt tension, weak tension means your alternator may be providing enough charge to keep the car running but other things will act loopy. Most auto stores will test your battery for free. I had this trouble about 2 years ago and changed the battery only to later find out it was my alternator belt tension! Look at everything!
Old 05-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by chernmax
Before you just jump on a dead battery do a test on the alternator too. Start the car and disconnect the Positive battery terminal and if the car dies the Alternator may be suspect.

Do not disconnect the positive battery terminal wile your car is running!!! This was a great way to test your Alt. back in the day but any car that has a computer should not have this done. By disconnecting the battery wile the car is running you can (not every time but it is a possibilaty) do anything from blow a fuse to fry a computer. Also (with the 6th gen for sure dont know about the others) a lot of things such as your throttle are ran from wires right off your batt not the Alt.