6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

07 new Rotors and Brakes.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 11:31 AM

07 new Rotors and Brakes.

I been searching for some brake rotors and Pad options. From researching, I wanted to go with the Brembo Blanks Rotors but when I put in 07 for my maxima it doesn’t show any listed for the front. What are the best set up for an 07 maxima for breaks and pads. I want something not to expensive but still have quality. I am not looking for drilled or slotted rotors because they eat up the brake pads and they can’t be turned.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:13 PM

Hello,

I am in the same boat you are. I too am looking for the best setup for the cost for my 07 Maxima.

If I had a ton of money then I would go with EBC slotted rotors and EBC Red Stuff pads. The big thing is I do not have a ton of money sitting around, so I am looking for something I can afford.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:29 PM

Never go cheap on brakes. It's not a good idea but I guess the cheapest solution would be to either get brembo blanks and go to your local autozone and get either hawks or posi ceramic brake pads.

You might also want to check out oem parts as well:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/
Old 04-12-2011, 01:48 PM

Well I a looking for better rotors than OEM. The OEM brake pads have been fine. The Rotors are terrible! All of the sites for brembo Blanks are says the front rotors have been discontinued so I need another recomendation for 07 Rotors.
Originally Posted by 6.5affiliate
Never go cheap on brakes. It's not a good idea but I guess the cheapest solution would be to either get brembo blanks and go to your local autozone and get either hawks or posi ceramic brake pads.

You might also want to check out oem parts as well:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/
Old 04-12-2011, 07:17 PM

I guess I could always have my rotors turned and put on EBC Red Stuff. I do not like turned rotors. Nissan wants $220 to turn my rotors and new pads. I can get New Centric rotors and Akebono pads for less. I don't know if the Centric rotors can deal with the Red Stuff.

What I want is good stopping power low noise and low dust. I have also been looking at the powerstop kit that is for around $370 for all 4. http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk...n+%26+Steering
Old 04-13-2011, 03:49 AM

I'm on the same boat as all of you. I have the Hawk HPS pads but I need front and rear rotors. I've been looking at Centric Premium and NAPA Premium Rotors but I'm sure about the quality of them. Anybody else have recommendations on blank rotors?
Old 04-13-2011, 03:52 AM

I am not sure about those qualities at all. It seems like there is a lack of blank Rotors for our cars. Help Please with blank Rotors reccomendations. I dont want to turn the dealer Rotors they suck!
Originally Posted by kcjames215
I'm on the same boat as all of you. I have the Hawk HPS pads but I need front and rear rotors. I've been looking at Centric Premium and NAPA Premium Rotors but I'm sure about the quality of them. Anybody else have recommendations on blank rotors?
Old 04-13-2011, 04:59 AM

What do you mean they suck
Old 04-13-2011, 05:43 AM

They warp quickly. I still have 60% left on my brake pads and the original rotors are warped and shake at high speeds. The rotors barley can last 20k. miles.
Originally Posted by Kryogen
What do you mean they suck
Old 04-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Im thinking about going with brakebest brand from oreilly's they are really cheap but i have heard good things.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:20 AM

I have a deal setup w/ alien performance rotors. Full info could be found here:

http://my6thgen.org/showthread.php?t=1032

basically they are slotted & cross drilled rotors - all 4 shipped for $215.

use promo code "i3lazen"
Old 04-15-2011, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by I3LAZEN
I have a deal setup w/ alien performance rotors. Full info could be found here:

basically they are slotted & cross drilled rotors - all 4 shipped for $215.

use promo code "i3lazen"
I wish I had seen this about 3 weeks ago! I like these rotors better than the ones I got, and it would have been nice to have the centers painted. I paid $345.00 for 4 rotors and F&R ceramic pads, shipped. Still a pretty good deal I guess.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by mrloren
I guess I could always have my rotors turned and put on EBC Red Stuff. I do not like turned rotors. Nissan wants $220 to turn my rotors and new pads. I can get New Centric rotors and Akebono pads for less. I don't know if the Centric rotors can deal with the Red Stuff.

What I want is good stopping power low noise and low dust. I have also been looking at the powerstop kit that is for around $370 for all 4. http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk...n+%26+Steering
If you do go with these and order in the next few days, use coupon code PROTECT to get 10% off the order.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:51 PM

This is what I am going to do, the wife said ok next month when I get my extra pay.

Pep boy's
EBC slotted rotors on the front
Red Stuff all around
and either get the rear rotors turned or buy powerstop rotors from pep boys for $80 a set.

has anybody used red stuff on their Maxima? I do mostly city driving during the week but I do like to go to the hills and have some fun.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:21 PM

What do you all normally do with the old rotors? Mine weren't terrible, they would probably be fine after a turning, I just wanted drilled & slotted. Do you just throw them away?
Old 04-17-2011, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by mrloren
This is what I am going to do, the wife said ok next month when I get my extra pay.

Pep boy's
EBC slotted rotors on the front
Red Stuff all around
and either get the rear rotors turned or buy powerstop rotors from pep boys for $80 a set.

has anybody used red stuff on their Maxima? I do mostly city driving during the week but I do like to go to the hills and have some fun.
I used ebc redstuff pads before and I hated em.. Took them off within a month. Gave a ton of brake dust - the lip on me wheels kept getting dirty.

Took em off and used wagner thermoquiet pads.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:08 AM

How do you like the Wagner? How are they vs stock?

I have about 30% (@ 63K miles) left on the front I do not like letting it get lower than 20%. With the stock brakes and the Pilot sport A/S tires I can almost through someone from the back seat into the dash
Old 04-17-2011, 09:15 AM

lmao they are pretty much the same.. they are good. I dont really test it by trying to throw anyone through my windshield you know LOL

I have the wagner pads w/ alien performance slotted & cross drilled rotors w/ my stock calipers & they are perfect.

no brake dust, stops great to me and no screeching or anything. The only thing i'd do in the future is get the wilwood big brake kit but for now thats not necessary because my brakes work perfectly fine.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:15 AM

I'm gonna go cheapo on my '08. I'm gonna try Centric pads and new rotors on the front........Shipped to my door for $88.95......I'll let you know if I'm glad or sorry.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:01 AM

I do not try to put someone through the windsheild, it's just the pilots grip the road. That is why I am looking at getting better than stock rotors and pads.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:04 PM

Hi guys,

tallblazer124
mrloren
kcjames215
miillerssickness

I drive an 08 Maxima SE. I bought the BREMBO blanks and PBR Ultimates ceramic pads for the front of my Maxima on 02/2/2011 from the GD from imports. Still brand new and in the box. I want to buy drilled/slotted. If you want my brembo blanks and pbr ultimates, email me and send me your number or email address so I can send you pics immediately. Feel free to buy mine. I have what you guys are looking for. Brand new brembo blanks (2004 to 2008) for the fronts with pbr Ultimate ceramic performance brake pads. All in brand new box.

Great price as group deal! Call group deal to get the price that I bought from them. I can knock off $10 from the price. Let me know.

First come, first serve.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:59 AM

Old 04-18-2011, 10:00 AM

Let me know if anybody wants this. Please, call and get the price from group deal and take $10 off to buy mine.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by I3LAZEN
I used ebc redstuff pads before and I hated em.. Took them off within a month. Gave a ton of brake dust - the lip on me wheels kept getting dirty.

Took em off and used wagner thermoquiet pads.

x2

I have EBC Red stuff on my Yukon. They work well, but are dusty.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:01 PM

Just ordered EBC OE style rotors for $65 each. If I buy the dealer pads they will do the brake job for $120 with their pads and my rotors. I just could not trust centric they only have a 90 day warranty.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Anyone can point me to rotor and brake install messages/links for 2007 SE
Old 04-27-2011, 08:45 AM

Just got my Alien performance rotors in yesterday from this group buy:

They look to be great quality rotors. Looking forward to doing the install this weekend.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by bcampbe7

They look to be great quality rotors. Looking forward to doing the install this weekend.
Did you have the rotors painted? Show us pics.

Could you please take pics of the pads and post for us to see? I have never heard of those pads and wonder how well they are in terms of braking power and dust.

Please, post pics of the pads before installing.

I will PM you my email too, if you want to email for me to post for you.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by bcampbe7

Totally agree, these rotors are the TRUTH!!
Old 04-27-2011, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by PetitFrereMaxima
Did you have the rotors painted? Show us pics.

Could you please take pics of the pads and post for us to see? I have never heard of those pads and wonder how well they are in terms of braking power and dust.

Please, post pics of the pads before installing.

I will PM you my email too, if you want to email for me to post for you.
Rotors already come painted. They have the pic in the link for the group buy that he had posted. Get yourself a set. You won't be disappointed. Plus, they have AWESOME customer service skills. You should give them a email if you got any questions.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by 6.5affiliate
Rotors already come painted. They have the pic in the link for the group buy that he had posted. Get yourself a set. You won't be disappointed. Plus, they have AWESOME customer service skills. You should give them a email if you got any questions.
I just sent you a PM.

I am very interested in getting these. Heard great reviews so far. So, it is painted black? Does it fade later on or will that paint stay there forever no matter the weather abuse?

How about the pads? How come I can't find any info about those pads anywhere? How do they compare with other well known names like Wagner, PBR, Hawks, EBC and the rest?

Can I see pics of the pads? Do you have any pics of the package of the pads? And how do they perform? How about dust? Do the pads leave a lot of dust?
Old 04-28-2011, 08:19 PM

Let me know if anybody wants this. Please, call and get the price from group deal and take $10 off to buy mine.
Thanks for meeting up, man. I appreciate you driving half way. iTrader feedback has been left.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:50 PM

I just sent you a PM.

I am very interested in getting these. Heard great reviews so far. So, it is painted black? Does it fade later on or will that paint stay there forever no matter the weather abuse?

How about the pads? How come I can't find any info about those pads anywhere? How do they compare with other well known names like Wagner, PBR, Hawks, EBC and the rest?

Can I see pics of the pads? Do you have any pics of the package of the pads? And how do they perform? How about dust? Do the pads leave a lot of dust?
PM replied
Old 04-29-2011, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by QwikKota
Thanks for meeting up, man. I appreciate you driving half way. iTrader feedback has been left.
Man, thanks a lot. I appreciate the fast transaction. I hope you enjoy it. Now, I need to put sopme more money and jump on the group buy. Thanks especially for the iTrader feedback. Awesome!

6.5affiliate, thanks for the response. And I am sending a response again to answer your questions...
Old 04-29-2011, 09:07 AM

Thanks to bcampe7 who has bought this deal and sent me pics of the brake pads, I am able to put them up for people to see.

Last edited by PetitFrereMaxima; 04-29-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:01 PM

Man, thanks a lot. I appreciate the fast transaction. I hope you enjoy it. Now, I need to put sopme more money and jump on the group buy. Thanks especially for the iTrader feedback. Awesome!
I will enjoy not having the warped rotor shake through the steering wheel, that's for sure. Hit me back with some feedback, lol.

Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking, Trinidad? I grew up in St. Thomas by the way. I don't have much of an accent though.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:07 PM

If your talking about drilled/slotted and drilled rotors. Than they also have slotted rotors available. That's what I got and I couldn't be more pleased with the choice that I've made.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:23 PM

Just got done putting on new brake pads and new rotors front and rear. Cost me about $135 total for the pads and rotors.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by 67 Lamnas
Just got done putting on new brake pads and new rotors front and rear. Cost me about $135 total for the pads and rotors.
Man, correct me if I am wrong.

Did you just say you bought 4 rotors and 4 brake pads for $135????? For you mention; " new brake pads and new rotors front and rear. Cost me about $135 total for the pads and rotors".

Where did you buy from? And what brand did you buy? Can you provide link of where you bought yours?
Old 04-30-2011, 05:08 PM

Man, correct me if I am wrong.

Did you just say you bought 4 rotors and 4 brake pads for $135????? For you mention; " new brake pads and new rotors front and rear. Cost me about $135 total for the pads and rotors".

Where did you buy from? And what brand did you buy? Can you provide link of where you bought yours?
Front rotors for $33 each, rear rotors for $16 each, Front pads were $22 and rears were $13...shipping was free, and no sales tax. Centric brand for everything.

I also bought new spark plugs and drive belts for another $95...spent most of today doing it, but the car runs and stops great.

From here:
http://www.autopartsnetwork.com/

Quick Reply: 07 new Rotors and Brakes.