6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

My 2004 SL. Lowered on K sports.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 07:45 AM

looks good, I definitely understand the pothole thing. Missouri roads are horrible.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

That look nice
Old 05-12-2011, 09:58 PM

Thanks guys!! I think I'm gonna go another qr inch lower; ordering grill tomorrow and when I get the wing in the mail everythings going on along with the 3k yellow fog bulbs...than its time to play with the ,otor
Old 05-12-2011, 10:04 PM

In for pics when you get all that put on your ride man!!
Old 05-13-2011, 05:52 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Man, makes me wanna lower and go detail my car right now.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:51 PM

Yes i will deff put up some pictures! heres one

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 05-15-2011, 11:12 PM

Now, that looks good man from what I can see. That extra bit really makes a difference in the look of the drop.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:39 PM

i have a stock exhaust and live in nyc so im afraid to get a loud one bcuz 5-0 would stop me all the time. i would like to know more about a cut out, thanks for the feedback.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:17 PM

6.5affiliate thanks, its does look at lot better from the front end going towards traffic people say, who woulda thought lowering it very little makes a difference! i think im going to a little lower tho :P
Old 05-16-2011, 05:14 PM

my 08 is on ksports same ones and my car is slammed to the ground!!!!! about an inch of clearance from the control arms to the ground. dont be scarred i live in mass roads dont get worse then here and i still plan on going lower
Old 05-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Banned

Um, the rear of that car looks like a Naked ***.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by wiknazty
my 08 is on ksports same ones and my car is slammed to the ground!!!!! about an inch of clearance from the control arms to the ground. dont be scarred i live in mass roads dont get worse then here and i still plan on going lower
the thing is where i live i have to clear big *** bumps to get to where i live. i am gonna go lil bit lower tho again haha ! another day of fun coming this weekend

Originally Posted by Tell The Truth
Um, the rear of that car looks like a Naked ***.
dont tell me! i want the 07-08 with the plastic piece...im not focused on that just yet tho. ill get to it
Old 05-17-2011, 02:46 AM

OK Armann first of all congrats on the maxima.. Even with all it flaws it has and brings, it still has that special "it" factor that keeps you wrenching on it. I have been on this forum going on 4yrs ish. I just occasionally drop by once in awhile to see what the reg's are doing example dues, chern. etc... But there alot of thing's I have learn here and here is a list... 1st the car has a stock CAI, drop in a K&N filter if you must and call it a day. It's mostly going to give you that extra grunt other than that it's useless, along with most other mod's that are useless unless you go all out like chern. Don't worry I will explain myself. All an aftermarket CAI can give you that the stock CAI cannot, is the ability to Hydrolock your car and a headache because the bracket holding it will crap out on you (fujita)... That is it.. Search and you will see that is the truth.. If you want gains, headers (no cats), y pipe, b pipe, resonator delete and exhaust along with a k&n filter is the way to go. But you will have that f'd up drone and after awhile you will feel like you lost alot of low end torque. Which is and is'nt the case. You see to get the most out of these mod's you will have to reset the computer every time, Because the car is a smart *** and will adjust itself, to get back to running as close to stock as possible. Also Forced injection via nitrous, turbo or SC is the other route.. Which equals alot of down time and money... So if you want an insane amount of hp this is not the car to do it with unless you have the $$$ and and much love for it... If you want something you can daily and kinda mod then you have the perfect car.. Goodluck..
Old 05-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ArmaanOG
the thing is where i live i have to clear big *** bumps to get to where i live. i am gonna go lil bit lower tho again haha ! another day of fun coming this weekend

dont tell me! i want the 07-08 with the plastic piece...im not focused on that just yet tho. ill get to it
Well everyone else is focused on it. That baby got back.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Icons04SilverMax
OK Armann first of all congrats on the maxima.. Even with all it flaws it has and brings, it still has that special "it" factor that keeps you wrenching on it. I have been on this forum going on 4yrs ish. I just occasionally drop by once in awhile to see what the reg's are doing example dues, chern. etc... But there alot of thing's I have learn here and here is a list... 1st the car has a stock CAI, drop in a K&N filter if you must and call it a day. It's mostly going to give you that extra grunt other than that it's useless, along with most other mod's that are useless unless you go all out like chern. Don't worry I will explain myself. All an aftermarket CAI can give you that the stock CAI cannot, is the ability to Hydrolock your car and a headache because the bracket holding it will crap out on you (fujita)... That is it.. Search and you will see that is the truth.. If you want gains, headers (no cats), y pipe, b pipe, resonator delete and exhaust along with a k&n filter is the way to go. But you will have that f'd up drone and after awhile you will feel like you lost alot of low end torque. Which is and is'nt the case. You see to get the most out of these mod's you will have to reset the computer every time, Because the car is a smart *** and will adjust itself, to get back to running as close to stock as possible. Also Forced injection via nitrous, turbo or SC is the other route.. Which equals alot of down time and money... So if you want an insane amount of hp this is not the car to do it with unless you have the $$$ and and much love for it... If you want something you can daily and kinda mod then you have the perfect car.. Goodluck..
Thanks for all that info! ill deff take it into consideration!

UPDATE:: i got my wing today! but thing is the top of it has 2 little nicks on it!!!!??? idk why i guess from shipping you cant look unless u look from a angle but wtf! should i send back and demand a new one? what do you guys think?

some pics:

Last edited by ArmaanOG; 05-17-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:26 PM

.....? idk why igt double posted

Last edited by ArmaanOG; 06-01-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:28 PM

Haven't updated in a while. my brakes just came in today painted black centers are sick. probably installing tomorrow will post pics...

heres her pretty face.

got the grill from a kid parting out in the 6th gen classifieds. Loving all the stares i get in my car
Old 06-01-2011, 11:23 PM

Really digging the new carbon fiber wrapped grille you got on there. IMO you should do the same to the roof strips too.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:10 PM

brakes are in and i love them

p.s thanks 6.5affiliate. i will take that into consideration
Old 06-02-2011, 09:22 PM

No problem, Alien brake rotors are great aren't they. Love mine to death LOL
Old 06-02-2011, 09:25 PM

Car looks good.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:36 PM

Thank you guys.

Installed the wing today!

Very clean install done by one of my friends. I am pretty mad it came with 4leds dead on the wing but over all im very happy.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:43 PM

That's the way that it should look right there. I would be mad too but the good thing is that you can just get a replacement LED light and just switch it out.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:10 PM

thanks but its not as simple as i thought. you cant just replace the leds you have to change out the hole thing and rewire it all. im pretty pissed.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:17 PM

That sucks man, does the company that you bought it from have a warranty on their products? I would just raise hell with them until they accommodate you since you went through the trouble and paid the money to have it installed.

Plus, you have the holes that are drilled into the trunk due to the installation of the wing. They could at least send you the replacement and you can have it installed and send them back the defective one.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:41 AM

I know tell me about it! The company already sent me another spoiler because the first one had few dents in it! and they sent me another wing without even picking up the old wing yet. it came put it in and to see 4 led bulbs are out!!! im gonna demand my money back. THIS IS REDICULOUS! i dont want to have rewired up even though i didn't pay anything for installation im still pretty pissed!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:23 PM

I know tell me about it! The company already sent me another spoiler because the first one had few dents in it! and they sent me another wing without even picking up the old wing yet. it came put it in and to see 4 led bulbs are out!!! im gonna demand my money back. THIS IS REDICULOUS! i dont want to have rewired up even though i didn't pay anything for installation im still pretty pissed!
Damn man, sounds like a shytty company to deal with man. At least you didn't have to pay for installation. They should've packaged it right so that no damage would of occurred with the wing. Anyways, definitely get the money back man. It's not even worth dealing with them anymore. Which company is it? You might wanna try courtesyparts.com. Everything that I've ordered from them has been packaged real nice with no damage at all.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:43 PM

it was a ebay company reccommended by a member on here. i dont know im deffintley getting my money back this is crazy
Old 06-11-2011, 08:02 AM

car is looking great bro. can't wait to see what else you have in store. where in ny do you live? maybe i will see you around while cruising haha
Old 06-11-2011, 08:57 AM

thanks man, i got a lot of stuff in store for her =) (only tasteful stuff) and im in westchester county, ny.... WORST MOST EXPENSIVE COUNTY IN THE U.S and they cant even make sure the roads are nice and smooth pot holes errywhere
Old 06-11-2011, 12:43 PM

Car looks a billion times better with the spoiler on bro.. good work. nice progress.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:09 PM

it was a ebay company reccommended by a member on here. i dont know im deffintley getting my money back this is crazy
You should just call up courtesyparts.com and see what they charge for a wing. It's definitely cheaper than the stealership and yeah man, I never really trust ebay companies.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by I3LAZEN
Car looks a billion times better with the spoiler on bro.. good work. nice progress.
thanks bro got a lot more of stuff to do to her until im satisfied.

Originally Posted by 6.5affiliate
You should just call up courtesyparts.com and see what they charge for a wing. It's definitely cheaper than the stealership and yeah man, I never really trust ebay companies.
yea im going to see what they say if i get my money back from this company im junking this wing and getting a better one. dont get me wrong though, even though it is a ebay wing paint is amazingly close to my cars paint. my car was also a one owner garaged car so the paint is still shining!
Old 06-12-2011, 09:48 PM

I'll agree with that. I can see it in the pics you posted. I couldn't even tell the difference in the color at all. It's good that you bought your ride that only had one owner. Seems like it was well taken care of from what you described.

Every car that I've bought that was used always ended up having to be repaired left and right. Never knew how many previous owners it had or nothing.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:43 PM

Yea dude i got lucky with this car, and my prelude that i posted pics of, i was also the 2nd owner of that car. the title still had 2 lean holders on it from when he first bought car but i called them both in and they were paid just never updated the title! loved that car! but yea anyways i hope i continue to run strong with this maxima nothing replaced yet but i know the axle needs to be changed, and power steering hose also. thats about it everything else is mint!

my babbby

Old 06-13-2011, 09:57 PM

Not bad at all man. The prelude was nice man, it's the only model from Honda that I actually like.

Anyways, I would suggest buying the power steering hose online. Just ask for the parts # from the dealer. The ride looks good man, looks like the coilovers are settling in nicely. How did that wing situation turn out? Did you get your money back?
Old 06-14-2011, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by 6.5affiliate
Not bad at all man. The prelude was nice man, it's the only model from Honda that I actually like.

Anyways, I would suggest buying the power steering hose online. Just ask for the parts # from the dealer. The ride looks good man, looks like the coilovers are settling in nicely. How did that wing situation turn out? Did you get your money back?
Thanks bro and same here its one of the only hondas i will ever own ! never was a fan of civics or integras! they are junk.

but i got a buddy who works at a auto part store so i get stuff dirt cheap! and thank you the coilovers are nice, still need some tweaking though. and the wing situation....they still havent answered because they know they ****ed up!

im giving them a call soon and requesting money back on paypal.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:02 PM

Thanks bro and same here its one of the only hondas i will ever own ! never was a fan of civics or integras! they are junk.

but i got a buddy who works at a auto part store so i get stuff dirt cheap! and thank you the coilovers are nice, still need some tweaking though. and the wing situation....they still havent answered because they know they ****ed up!

request it though paypal. Creat a dispute. they'll get you your money back
Old 06-14-2011, 12:02 PM

dp
Old 06-14-2011, 04:40 PM

What else needs to be done to the coilovers? They look fine to me but yeah man, definitely try to get in contact with them a few times. Then, like Bassbreaker said. Just create a dispute on paypal.

They'll get in contact with them and you'll be getting your money back sooner or later. Just don't wait to long to dispute it. They have some sort of time frame for those types of things.

Quick Reply: My 2004 SL. Lowered on K sports.