6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

z1 motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 05:21 AM

z1 motorsports

hey all, I am curious if anyone has any experience with z1 motorsports mail in computer flash service. They do not advertise anything for the maxima however I called and spoke to one of their reps on the phone and he informed me that they do indeed offer a reflash service for our cars. From what I have read it seems really close to a technosquare reflash at a fraction of the cost. 300 bones to be exact. I was just curious if anyone has done this or know more about it thanks.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:41 PM

I had the ECU on 300zx na done awhile back and it seemed to help. I also has a buddy have his 300zx TT ECU done also. I would think since the do ECU flashes for the G35 350z it should be fine.Are you trying to get more power? I personally just picked up a BullyDog programer unit and and very pleased wit hthe results. so far went from 340 to a full tank to close to 400 to a full tank.. Well until the gas light comes on.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:40 PM

i have not heard anything yet about this service, but i have had the uprev osiris remap done and i see significant results from before.

it was not too crazy on the price side (could have been better) but IMO worth every penny
Old 04-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

1 word about z1 Becarefully... go to forged in marietta

2006 - g35 sedan 6mt
2008 - maxima dd
Old 04-30-2011, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by mr.jame
1 word about z1 Becarefully... go to forged in marietta

2006 - g35 sedan 6mt
2008 - maxima dd

What does that mean exactly???? When you compare the technosquare reflash to the z1 reflash they seem to touch base on the same parameters except one major thing.... price. This is why I am trying to gain knowledge about their company and their flash. Is the bully dog programmer a good choice? The only thing that sucks about technosquare is that it is 500 bones. That is a little steep in my book.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:34 AM

i know i will be little bias in this opinion, but you should consider an actual tune. The parameters in which are address in companies like technosquare and z1 are based universally on the model car you car. this works by giving everyone the same tune parameters as they did an a tester car. yes, you will see some gains, and yes, they do put into play your mods thus far, but the problem is even tho our cars are made in the same factory, no engine is alike. they break in differently, the driving history is different, parts wear differently, performance wanes differently, and the only way to get the best bang for you buck is to roll it on a dyno and have someone tune it specific to YOUR car. this can be done for 500 EASY. technosquare charging you 500 for a universal tune is the biggest rip off i've ever heard. it costs them nothing per unit. literally cost them $0 to tune your ride. mabe a couple bucks in labor, and shipping, and to account for tuning the tester car. (which they got back after the first 2 sales)

even power programmers like bully dog, don't do it enough for the money.

you need a program with built algorithms, and adjustable calculations to specifically read and adjust your car case per case.

you will need to expect 500 dollars for it all said and done. this is a little step, i agree, but it would be like one of us buying the altima S vs. the 3.5 SER, you did save some money, but you will always know you could have squeezed more power with an actual tune for a 2 bones more. think about it like this, what else would you have spend that 200 on? whats 200 bucks in a year or two? do you actually care?

if you don't agree, then go with bullydog vs. techno-square. this way you can adjust your car based on your needs. not just be stuck with whatever flash you got.

Last edited by twentyeggs; 04-30-2011 at 11:40 AM.