6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Help with STAGGERED TIRE setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 04:19 PM

Help with STAGGERED TIRE setup

can i put a 275/30-20 tire on a 20*10 rim with a 35 mm offset
without running into problems(rubbing)..i plan on rolling my fenders
and using spring support, is this possible???
who recommends a different setup....

This setup was a success.. any one trying to go the staggered route
go for it as long as the offsets arent too crazy i think +30 and up will work
for the most part,,mine only rubs on large dips where the inner fender and bumper meet but i will be grinding
that down a bit to see if it helps....thanks to everyone that helped out with the feedback.....

Last edited by blackmax6thgen; 08-17-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by blackmax6thgen
can i put a 275/30-20 tire on a 20*10 rim with a 35 mm offset
without running into problems(rubbing)..i plan on rolling my fenders
and using spring support, is this possible???
who recommends a different setup....
first off, why are you putting a 275 on a 10" rim with what you have in mind, if anything you are going to want to stretch your tires to make this work.

I asked a very similar question.

basically what i found was that if you have lowered your car in any way allowing your tires to become staggered will not work out for you. unless you get smaller rims or short tires.

with stock wheels and stock suspension the largest you can go with a fender roll is 25mm in the rear and 20mm in the front. any more and you will rub. i test fitted the 25-20 combo and i only rubbed a quarter inch on the tread in the rear when hitting deep dips in the road. a fender roll would fix this no prob.

because you have 20" rims you are making it harder to do this.

there are some people here who have 30+mm offset but they have shorter tires smaller rims and probably did a fender pull and roll.

i also want to stagger my wheels for a wider track, more stability and lessen my body roll. also think it looks good with a beefier look in the tires. So if you can pull it off let us know how and what you did.

Last edited by twentyeggs; 06-05-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:10 PM

you'll be fine , listen to people that have them on their car.

285/30/20 Yokos

20 x 10.5 rear
20 x 8.5 fronts

dropped on Progress / AGX all around,

fenders are rolled but never rubbed, only time it rubs is on the INSIDE carpet with people in the back.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:02 PM

i like the look of streched tires so i put 245/35/20 on my 20x10 wheels all the way around, but i know i few members running 275/30/20 and 285/30/20 tires with just a fender roll
Old 06-06-2011, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by twentyeggs
first off, why are you putting a 275 on a 10" rim with what you have in mind, if anything you are going to want to stretch your tires to make this work.

basically what i found was that if you have lowered your car in any way allowing your tires to become staggered will not work out for you. unless you get smaller rims or short tires.

with stock wheels and stock suspension the largest you can go with a fender roll is 25mm in the rear and 20mm in the front. any more and you will rub. i test fitted the 25-20 combo and i only rubbed a quarter inch on the tread in the rear when hitting deep dips in the road. a fender roll would fix this no prob.

there are some people here who have 30+mm offset but they have shorter tires smaller rims and probably did a fender pull and roll.

i also want to stagger my wheels for a wider track, more stability and lessen my body roll. also think it looks good with a beefier look in the tires. So if you can pull it off let us know how and what you did.
seriously, have you ever put aftermarket wheels on your max? please don't give information if you have never tried it
Old 06-06-2011, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by kenjio6
seriously, have you ever put aftermarket wheels on your max? please don't give information if you have never tried it

....first off, calm down its not that serious... second the only "information" i gave was my experience with "stock wheels" and "stock suspension"

what part about my post do you not like?

what don't you like about that? im giving him advice or an idea to make his idea more do-able.

you show me a maxima with 20" rims and a 35+ mm offset running tires larger than a 250 with a drop. ill make you a sandwhich if you do.

what problem do you have here? i did this not very long ago, i have witnesses!!!

am i wrong? would having the standard wheel size not be easier?

again, what problem do you have here?

and again, what problem do you have with this?
"seriously" you need to chilllax man, im not saying his project is impossible, im just giving him some pointer and what aspect of his project to concentrate on.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:03 PM

Rolled fenders are a must
Old 06-06-2011, 08:16 PM

i have, and it become impractical to do what was necessary to stop the constant rubbing.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:16 PM

i like the look of streched tires so i put 245/35/20 on my 20x10 wheels all the way around, but i know i few members running 275/30/20 and 285/30/20 tires with just a fender roll
your max looks real clean and mean..the stretched tire looks real good but
ive heard many negative things like the ride quality is poor,
if i would stretch it would most likely be 245-35-20 F and 255-35-20 R....
Old 06-06-2011, 09:24 PM

Yes, I had that same exact set up, lowered on Progress and had no issues.

The 275 tire stretches pretty good ona 10 wide wheel, you decided for yourself.

Last edited by RAZ76; 06-06-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:26 PM

ill be sure to post some pics up if i make it work or not, although ive been getting a lot of positive feedback from a lot of the members here who were generous enough to post. im getting a good feeling it will work
Old 06-06-2011, 09:31 PM

....first off, calm down its not that serious... second the only "information" i gave was my experience with "stock wheels" and "stock suspension"

"seriously" you need to chilllax man, im not saying his project is impossible, im just giving him some pointer and what aspect of his project to concentrate on.
You need to chill. If you have not done any of these set ups, why you here giving advice on soemthing you don't know? That makes you look retarded and makes no sense. You don't know what works or what doesn't. Some people here have had 5+ aftermarket sets of wheels, myself included. Just go Plastidip something else .

Last edited by RAZ76; 10-04-2011 at 04:13 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:34 PM

ill be sure to post some pics up if i make it work or not, although ive been getting a lot of positive feedback from a lot of the members here who were generous enough to post. im getting a good feeling it will work
It will work, if doing 20s and 10 wide, stay in between +35 and +38 Offset and you'll be fine. It's better to have higher offset and add small spacers then have too low of an offset and can't do crap about it. Know what I mean?
Old 06-06-2011, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by RAZ76
Yes, I had that same exact set up, lowered on Progress and had no issues.

The 275 tire stretches pretty good ona 10 wide wheel, you decided for yourself.

max looks sick love that beefy staggered look...
i plan on lowering mine on the tein s. tech
but i had only planned on the front good to know it will work
on the rear too..so u approve the 275 tire on that offset??
thanks for taking the time to post and attach the pics it really helps
to see how it looks.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:49 PM

That is a 20x10 +35 offset and 275 35 tire
Old 06-06-2011, 09:53 PM

It will work, if doing 20s and 10 wide, stay in between +35 and +38 Offset and you'll be fine. It's better to have higher offset and add small spacers then have too low of an offset and can't do crap about it. Know what I mean?
yea i know what you mean i appreciate the feedback
i really liked the rims and that staggered one was only offered in that offset
and based on what i had researched i was sure it would work. except for the whole tire setup...
Old 06-06-2011, 10:00 PM

yea i know what you mean i appreciate the feedback
i really liked the rims and that staggered one was only offered in that offset
and based on what i had researched i was sure it would work. except for the whole tire setup...
What is the set up for the front? 8.5 wide?
Old 06-07-2011, 02:02 AM

You need to chill. If you have not done any of these set ups, why you here giving advice on soemthing you don't know? That makes you look retarded and makes no sense. You don't know what works or what doesn't. Some people here have had 5+ aftermarket sets of wheels, myself included. Just go Plastidip something else something else.

dude, i've ignored a bunch of your posts because your being an immature little child. yet you are still taking cheap shots at me. grow up and stop thinking about me. im honored that i made such an impact that all you can think about is "twentyeggs" and "plastidip" but its time to move on. its starting to get border line pathetic. just move on, i shouldn't be so important to you.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:00 AM

dude, i've ignored a bunch of your posts because your being an immature little child. yet you are still taking cheap shots at me. grow up and stop thinking about me. im honored that i made such an impact that all you can think about is "twentyeggs" and "plastidip" but its time to move on. its starting to get border line pathetic. just move on, i shouldn't be so important to you.
Dude I know Plastidip changed your life but really, just continue ignoring my posts, you were doing so well, what happened?? Stop trying to justify what hurt your feelings in someone elses thread. Start a Raz hurt my fewings thread and cry there. This is a thread for helpful info for the OP and others. You have nothing to bring to this thread except drama, I called you out, don't be mad.

Last edited by RAZ76; 06-07-2011 at 07:08 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:36 AM

you will be alright.

i went for stretched look tho. i think its the best route. i did not roll my fenders btw.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:39 PM

Dude I know Plastidip changed your life but really, just continue ignoring my posts, you were doing so well, what happened?? Stop trying to justify what hurt your feelings in someone elses thread. Start a Raz hurt my fewings thread and cry there. This is a thread for helpful info for the OP and others. You have nothing to bring to this thread except drama, I called you out, don't be mad.

you know what is sad? you mentioned in another thread that you were painting since i was in diapers that makes you how old?? seriously tell us all how old you are. this is not a rhetorical question. in your reply include your age.

and after you tell us how old you are, i want you to know that you have for 1 week now, been spam posting on threads with me in mind. Thank you for the popularity, but your obsessed with me and its not healthy. im a 24 dude. how pathetic is it that all of your posts in the last week are about me? im actually starting to like it, its almost a guaranteed laugh. see i laugh at people who are hopelessly pathetic. your probably some fat **** in a worn out computer chair who hasn't ****ed his wife in 10 years because its too much work. or is assuming you have a wife too much?

you want to know who i am? im a 24 year old college student. I'm in the BSN nursing program with a scholarship contract guaranteeing me 36 dollars an hour that's over 6 thousand dollars a month with overtime that i have guaranteed to me. and once my contract is up, ill be eligible for a raise... i also have a bangin hott girlfriend, an awesome group of friends, one race car, one motorcycle, a cool grocery getter (max) and more youth in front of me to do whatever the **** i want with my soon to be had income. do you really think that you some internet nerdis "getting" to me? that is a joke. my life rocks and im happy with it. don't believe anything i say?

here is my facebook page. www.facebook.com/twentyeggs

you can check it out for yourself.

now what is your facebook page? post it up. let me see who im talking to. or are you really some fat **** loser who no life who makes themselves feel better temporarily by obsessing over some user on the .org. LMFAO... if you don't reply with your facebook page ill take that for a "yes" so post it up man i would like the see the dumbass behind those words.

after this post, im done with you man, your such a ****ing loser that even after i asked you to shake hands and stop this immature drama you've initiated all week, you declined and took it step further. so i can only assume this drama is the high point of your life at the moment and must be too important for you to resolve your differences with me like a rational human being. so here it is. im done wasting my time with you, insult me all you want, but when you do, i just want you to know, and picture in your head, me (and get a good look at me on facebook so you can do this) i will be laughing at you. you will in time realize how pathetic it is to include me in all of your posts and will stop sooner or later.

REMEMBER! every time, picture me laughing at you... you can even picture me pointing at the screen and laughing. so go ahead. do what you will, but im done participating in this childish game you have going.

Last edited by twentyeggs; 06-07-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:58 PM

you know what is sad? you mentioned in another thread that you were painting since i was in diapers that makes you how old?? seriously tell us all how old you are. this is not a rhetorical question. in your reply include your age.

and after you tell us how old you are, i want you to know that you have for 1 week now, been spam posting on threads with me in mind. Thank you for the popularity, but your obsessed with me and its not healthy. im a 24 dude. how pathetic is it that all of your posts in the last week are about me? im actually starting to like it, its almost a guaranteed laugh. see i laugh at people who are hopelessly pathetic. your probably some fat **** in a worn out computer chair who hasn't ****ed his wife in 10 years because its too much work. or is assuming you have a wife too much?

you want to know who i am? im a 24 year old college student. I'm in the BSN nursing program with a scholarship contract guaranteeing me 36 dollars an hour that's over 6 thousand dollars a month with overtime that i have guaranteed to me. and once my contract is up, ill be eligible for a raise... i also have a bangin hott girlfriend, an awesome group of friends, one race car, one motorcycle, a cool grocery getter (max) and more youth in front of me to do whatever the **** i want with my soon to be had income. do you really think that you some internet nerdis "getting" to me? that is a joke. my life rocks and im happy with it. don't believe anything i say?

here is my facebook page. www.facebook.com/twentyeggs

you can check it out for yourself.

now what is your facebook page? post it up. let me see who im talking to. or are you really some fat **** loser who no life who makes themselves feel better temporarily by obsessing over some user on the .org. LMFAO... if you don't reply with your facebook page ill take that for a "yes" so post it up man i would like the see the dumbass behind those words.

after this post, im done with you man, your such a ****ing loser that even after i asked you to shake hands and stop this immature drama you've initiated all week, you declined and took it step further. so i can only assume this drama is the high point of your life at the moment and must be too important for you to resolve your differences with me like a rational human being. so here it is. im done wasting my time with you, insult me all you want, but when you do, i just want you to know, and picture in your head, me (and get a good look at me on facebook so you can do this) i will be laughing at you, and i will be thinking in my head "wow, what a loser" you will in time realize how pathetic it is to include me in your posts and will stop sooner or later.

REMEMBER! every time, picture me laughing at you... you can even picture me pointing at the screen and laughing. so go ahead. do what you will, but im done participating in this childish game you have going.

LOL wow, you guys are both drama queens.

i second the "let me see fatf**** facebook" LOL

all i gotta say is it takes two to tango. and i think RAZ76 means he is 35, which i agree, he is too old to be brown nosing in drama. go get a life dude, i've seen all your posts and they all revolve around 20eggs at the moment.

and 20eggs JSTFU!!!!!! it will all be over if you JSTFU!!!!
Old 06-07-2011, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by revvinMAXto11
LOL wow, you guys are both drama queens.

i second the "let me see fatf**** facebook" LOL

all i gotta say is it takes two to tango. and i think RAZ76 means he is 35, which i agree, he is too old to be brown nosing in drama. go get a life dude, i've seen all your posts and they all revolve around 20eggs at the moment.

and 20eggs JSTFU!!!!!! it will all be over if you JSTFU!!!!

LOL im done with that "tool" no worries.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:04 PM

LOL im done with that "tool" no worries.
good
Old 06-07-2011, 02:47 PM

Don't wanna thread jack but did twentyeggs delete his plastidip thread?
Old 06-07-2011, 02:55 PM
KC's FINEST

I run 255/35/20's on all my 20x10 wheels.

NO fender roll, NO rub.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by BossMaxima
Don't wanna thread jack but did twentyeggs delete his plastidip thread?

yeah i delete it. it was generating too much drama and its been the butt of too many fake usernames and jokes:
silvexima
silvexima_
twenty_eggs
twisted_eggs
twenty__eggs
ect..

i got what i wanted out of it
Old 06-07-2011, 03:00 PM

A 275/35 is very different from a 275/30. Not everything is solved by stretching tires.

Not sure why you always mention sizes of spacers when there was no mention of using spacers, or stock wheels. Honestly, this has nothing to do with this thread.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:17 PM

What is the set up for the front? 8.5 wide?
the fronts are 8.5 40mm offset, what size spacer
do u recommend for a hella flush look, keep in mind
im lowering on teins which give about a 1.6 drop...
Old 06-07-2011, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by chulo
you will be alright.

i went for stretched look tho. i think its the best route. i did not roll my fenders btw.

nice whip that two tone is clean..i prefer the beefy look
although if i had no other choice i would stretch.
thanks for the input..
Old 06-07-2011, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by KCMAXX
I run 255/35/20's on all my 20x10 wheels.

NO fender roll, NO rub.
your max looks real clean...
does the offset make a difference though??
hows the drive quality is it true its a bit rougher..
on stretched tires
Old 06-07-2011, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by joecurr
A 275/35 is very different from a 275/30. Not everything is solved by stretching tires.

Not sure why you always mention sizes of spacers when there was no mention of using spacers, or stock wheels. Honestly, this has nothing to do with this thread.

i give u madd props on those 10.5 wide and 30mm rims
max looks f****n sick. love that back view looks real good..
Old 06-07-2011, 08:33 PM

yeah i delete it.

i got what i wanted out of it
+1
Old 06-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Go ahead... try me

Done it on both of my cars.

+35 offset with 275/30/20

+38 offset with 275/30/20

Last edited by DEADBOLT; 06-07-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:13 AM

DB...you have a lil neg camber too on the silv max? You worried about that?

And geesh...too much drama here these days. Man....
Old 06-08-2011, 01:30 AM

Isn't that Jsmith's ride or was his ride?
Old 06-08-2011, 03:28 AM
Go ahead... try me

Originally Posted by lowpro19s
DB...you have a lil neg camber too on the silv max? You worried about that?

And geesh...too much drama here these days. Man....
In the pic the car was lowered too much in the back.. raised it an inch when i took out ksports and put in my teins.

I'm buying the camber kit soon though.

Last edited by DEADBOLT; 06-08-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:12 PM

THIS HAS BEEN AN EPIC THEAD, MUCH LULZ!!! thanks to all who contributed LMAO.

OP in for pics of your final set up
Old 06-08-2011, 02:22 PM

dude why do you like so much drama? i responded to you in a grown up way, i even said please. I didn't like the part of the OP asking about a 20x10 wheels and 275/30/20 tires and you derailed the thread by talking about some stock wheels and suspension, why give your input on something you haven't experienced? i see that you can't take criticism well.
to the OP this is how a 245/35/20 looks stretched on a 20x10 wheel
Old 06-08-2011, 02:57 PM

dude why do you like so much drama? i responded to you in a grown up way, i even said please. I didn't like the part of the OP asking about a 20x10 wheels and 275/30/20 tires and you derailed the thread by talking about some stock wheels and suspension, why give your input on something you haven't experienced? i see that you can't take criticism well.
to the OP this is how a 245/35/20 looks stretched on a 20x10 wheel
i don't like drama, this section of the .org are haters. im new to the world of internet users. in reality, you know real life, if some of the comments that were said to me in the forum, were said to me face to face, id cave some cheek bones in. i guess im not used to pussies talking **** and then cowering behind their computer screen. 99% of these people would never say what they do if i was physically in front of them and that pisses me off that they take advantage of this and talk way past their inhibitions. im still learning to let it go.

im sincerely sorry if i offended you. the point of me talking about stock setup was to give the OP SOME amount of knowledge to set the scales so to speak, (i was the first one to comment, had i been the last i wouldn't have given my imput, i asked a similar question no one gave me a good enough answer so i though this thread would receive the same attention, i don't know **** about wheel offset but i thought i would be nice and help him out as much as i could with what little i knew) it wasn't a solve all answer. just something to compare and a basis to start the though process. and the rest of my post said many of what you guys are saying right now (stretching tires) ect.. OP wanted to do this staggered look with really big tires, most of my thread was about making them smaller ect... you all point to me saying i like drama, when you take such offense to my first comment and then call me out on it in a disrespectful way starting the cascade of drama yourself, what do you expect out of me, just let you insult me? seriously go back to the top and read it, i didn't say anything to mislead the OP, i just told him what i knew.. really, its not that serious. had anyone else posted that first reply, none of you would have said a word, but because im twentyeggs, you know ill react, you treat me like an older brother, your baiting for a reaction. any drama that is caused is not caused by me.

when i think of the 6th gen section of the .org i think of little children teasing their older siblings for a reaction so they can feel good about being a little brat. you all need to grow up. its not that serious, its a stupid forum, its not life, not reality, there are much better things to do with your time then start a fight with someone online.

Last edited by twentyeggs; 06-08-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Help with STAGGERED TIRE setup