6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Magnaflows and LED taillights Install!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dafedexman
Nice man post your pics when you can , want to see what it look like when is done , plus i want to know whats the different btw the sounds of the mufflers with and with you intake.
You got it bro. The intake I got was an r2c. I have heard a lot of good things about it and it looks legit so I didn't hesitate to get it.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Joelg92
You got it bro. The intake I got was an r2c. I have heard a lot of good things about it and it looks legit so I didn't hesitate to get it.
You going to post some pics , want to see what it look like install thanks.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:12 AM

You going to post some pics , want to see what it look like install thanks.
yeah no doubt! It just came to my doorstep today so i'm going to take some pictures and figure out how to post it on this thread. I'm still kinda new to the forum so bare with me...cant be that hard can it? haha
Old 07-02-2011, 03:18 PM

yeah no doubt! It just came to my doorstep today so i'm going to take some pictures and figure out how to post it on this thread. I'm still kinda new to the forum so bare with me...cant be that hard can it? haha
Not hard at all upload them to tinypic.com or something like that , get the link and ad the [img]like this[/img] then the pictures will show on the treat , well when you can add some.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:04 PM

Yup, that's pretty much it. I personally use photobucket since some other photo sharing sites don't work on this forum. And yeah, just copy and past the IMG code like fedex said.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:36 PM

Ok follow this :
1 Go to tinypic.com
2 pic the picture you want to upload
3 pic the size of the picture ( i always use 15" screen option)
4 copy the picture link with the [IMG] on both sides
5 Come on here and post it try it .

Now please take the test down lol lol lol.

Last edited by MaxPrime; 07-03-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:19 PM

Here we goo
Old 07-03-2011, 11:26 PM

Stock mufflers

Last edited by Joelg92; 07-04-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:31 PM

Closer look at the muffler....

r2c Intake finally came!
Old 07-04-2011, 07:46 PM

Love Them Magnaflows With The Quad Pipes... I'm Looking For A Semi Stock Sound That Only Is Heard At High RPM's.... Would This Be It?
Old 07-05-2011, 05:55 AM

Well magnaflows are good and if you dont replace the res then you good once you replace the res you will have a noise far from stock, i just change the mufflers and i have a noise far from stuck but no where near if i had a different res.

Last edited by MaxPrime; 07-12-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:02 PM

Great news guys! On July 11th my mufflers and intake will be installed but thats not it....the shop is also going to replace my entire exhaust pipe from the cat back to the muffler as well! All stainless steel piping. They will charge me $1000 to install the new muffler intake and replace all the exhaust piping. I'm expecting some very loud growls coming from my maxima and that's just how I like it! So be prepared for pics on the 12th!

Last edited by Joelg92; 07-06-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:24 AM

Nice bro when they doing it take some pictures for the before and after , when is all done before they bring the car down take some more pic and when is down some more pictures lol then share with us when you get a change.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:46 AM
*moderator*

Coming along nicely! Silver FTW!
Old 07-10-2011, 04:06 PM

Thanks man have a lot of lil things to do next but yeah i like the way things is coming along and yes Silver FTW
Old 07-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Magnaflow

I want to change the mufflers to those chrom tiped Magnaflow 14816's and I dont know if this is a bolt on project or do i need to cut with a hacksaw and weld the new pipes. Any idea?
Old 07-11-2011, 12:05 PM

Idk Wich one you talking about but what is on my car are not tips that's the whole muffler, so yes they cut my whole stock ones off then they weld the once you see there.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Wow looks great, awesome improvement!!!
Old 07-11-2011, 07:03 PM

Thanks man just got the confirmation that my bumper and lip will be here on friday and they refund my 30 dollars for sending it to a business so +1 for the ezkoncepts i got work to do on the front of the car next thanks for your encouragement just trying to get my car look ok so i can start going to meets lol.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:53 PM

Great news guys! On July 11th my mufflers and intake will be installed but thats not it....the shop is also going to replace my entire exhaust pipe from the cat back to the muffler as well! All stainless steel piping. They will charge me $1000 to install the new muffler intake and replace all the exhaust piping. I'm expecting some very loud growls coming from my maxima and that's just how I like it! So be prepared for pics on the 12th!
Damn, that's a pretty damn good deal if they're replacing everything including the installation of the mufflers. Hopefully when your done with everything. Just make a thread and post some pics there. Interested in the progress of your ride too!

Thanks man just got the confirmation that my bumper and lip will be here on friday and they refund my 30 dollars for sending it to a business so +1 for the ezkoncepts i got work to do on the front of the car next thanks for your encouragement just trying to get my car look ok so i can start going to meets lol.
Glad everything has worked out for you man. Edgars a great guy to do business with and plus, your ride is going to look better than "ok". It's gonna be a fuking BEAST man! I know it's going to be a little minute but post some pics when it's gone. Your gonna be the second silver max with that bumper on.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:14 PM

Thanks man appreciated , going to post a lot of pics when i am done , and yeah egar took care of biz and did what he said he was going to do send me a tracking and all so just waiting now, i am waiting for my halo foglights in the mail and will order the billet grill lil after that, but really want to get the fogs.

P.S Anyway by next week i will be adding the bumper+lip on the car , how much you think they will charge me to paint the bumper and lip , what you think is going to be the range?
Old 07-11-2011, 10:25 PM

The Halo fogs are gonna be nice man. You gonna add some halos in your headlights too or is that gonna be it for now?

Anyways, I would have no clue on what that will cost since I haven't gotten anything on my ride painted yet. Plus, the prices here are gonna be a bit different from the prices in NYC. Yall actually have it good over there since there's a LOT of shops that are accustomed to servicing maxima owners and the prices are real nice too. WAY cheaper than over here.

You could try posting that question on the other org. They'll tell you how much it would be since a lot of members over there are from NYC and have a good idea where to go for the best price on doing something like that.

Last edited by 6.5affiliate; 07-11-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:29 PM

But i want to put halo rings on the headlights too just going to wait till everything else is done with the face surgery, But Word man i am going to do that i am sure i will get many places from them over there thanks.

Last edited by MaxPrime; 07-11-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:07 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean. You want the headlights to be the finishing touch. Anyways, no problem.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:21 PM

Nice bro when they doing it take some pictures for the before and after , when is all done before they bring the car down take some more pic and when is down some more pictures lol then share with us when you get a change.
Well the results are in!

I actually decided to add piping to the mufflers I bought so I currently have piping from the cat to the back a.k.a catback exhaust. So this is what the piping looks like!

Now this is what the mufflers look like from the back of my car

The sound is actually a very nice loud deep tone. It only took the shop five hours to add the piping to the mufflers and install them along with the intake. I absolutely love it and people look at my car when I drive by all the time!
Old 07-12-2011, 07:50 AM

Yeahhhhhhhh s*it look crazy man niceeeed love it, they do sound very nice , very nice again very nice lol just don't change rasonator it will 8uck it up nice add what's next for you bro.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:35 AM

Thanks bro I appreciate it! Well now that I have added performance to my car I am thinking about looks. I would like to add a new grill or led tail lights first then possibly front bumper lip and with time new rims!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:35 AM

Yeahhhhhhhh s*it look crazy man niceeeed love it, they do sound very nice , very nice again very nice lol just don't change rasonator it will 8uck it up nice add what's next for you bro.
Thanks bro I appreciate it! Well now that I have added performance to my car I am thinking about looks. I would like to add a new grill or led tail lights first then possibly front bumper lip and with time new rims!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:52 AM

Ok sounds good taillights will be great for your color car u will add the ruby red but that just me, the bumper and lip is a+5 adding that to my car in like a week but is sold out I got the last one but you can pre Oder them if you like, I will look around for people selling the led tail and let you know, someone was selling the red ones on the other org but I think he sold them already I will keep looking for you, my next mid is the zk bumper and lip new grill with it and angel eyes fog lights for the bumper.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:30 PM

When you get a chance take a picture from the side i want to see how far out are the tips cause i am thinking of pushing mines a lil back and up , so when you get a chance please take some pictures from the side for me i want to see how it look from the side thanks.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by ramtin325i
dope mufflers
+10
Old 07-12-2011, 08:53 PM

Ok sounds good taillights will be great for your color car u will add the ruby red but that just me, the bumper and lip is a+5 adding that to my car in like a week but is sold out I got the last one but you can pre Oder them if you like, I will look around for people selling the led tail and let you know, someone was selling the red ones on the other org but I think he sold them already I will keep looking for you, my next mid is the zk bumper and lip new grill with it and angel eyes fog lights for the bumper.
Thanks bro I appreciate it! I was actually thinking about getting the black led tail lights because I saw it on a black maxima once and it looked crazy but im still deciding. I didn't know they had angel eyes for the fog lights? Where can I find those??

When you get a chance take a picture from the side i want to see how far out are the tips cause i am thinking of pushing mines a lil back and up , so when you get a chance please take some pictures from the side for me i want to see how it look from the side thanks.
You got it bro I will do it in a few days because I wont be home until Thursday.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:45 PM

Well the results are in!

I actually decided to add piping to the mufflers I bought so I currently have piping from the cat to the back a.k.a catback exhaust. So this is what the piping looks like!

Now this is what the mufflers look like from the back of my car

The sound is actually a very nice loud deep tone. It only took the shop five hours to add the piping to the mufflers and install them along with the intake. I absolutely love it and people look at my car when I drive by all the time!
Very nice setup man. Great start! What you got planned next for your ride?
Old 07-14-2011, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by 6.5affiliate
Very nice setup man. Great start! What you got planned next for your ride?
Well I would like to purchase a new grill to get that ugly stock grill out of the way haha and those black led tail lights as well! Most likely I will put some interior led lights too. After that I will probably try getting rims for my car and lower the car an inch. I feel since I added a great amount of performance to my car I need some looks! Last but not least a new catalytic converter with a Y pipe to finish all the performance parts I need
Old 07-14-2011, 06:33 PM

Nice man when you get a chance take of pic of the muffles from the side i think i left mines a lil to far out ? but i want to see how far yours are see if i am going to have to take it back to the place that did it and pay them to push it back and up a lil.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:00 PM

Well I would like to purchase a new grill to get that ugly stock grill out of the way haha and those black led tail lights as well! Most likely I will put some interior led lights too. After that I will probably try getting rims for my car and lower the car an inch. I feel since I added a great amount of performance to my car I need some looks! Last but not least a new catalytic converter with a Y pipe to finish all the performance parts I need
Real nice list man, what grille you thinking of getting? Well, I hope you continue to post pics when you get some more mods done. Aesthetic mods are always a must IMO. How are you gonna drop it? Springs or coilovers?
Old 07-14-2011, 10:45 PM

Yeah nice list fr sure when i am done i will add all what i did to my car in my sig lol when ever my wife finish my sig, 6.5 you have anything plan for your car soon or just chilling for right now ?

Last edited by MaxPrime; 07-14-2011 at 10:47 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:33 AM

Yeah nice list fr sure when i am done i will add all what i did to my car in my sig lol when ever my wife finish my sig, 6.5 you have anything plan for your car soon or just chilling for right now ?
Yeah, I have to man. I spent close to 4k on maintenance and repairs these past few months that doesn't include a few "cheap" mods. Just replaced some tires due to a damn pothole which cost me another 956 bucks and at the same time. I found out that all of my stock rims are bent because of that.

Which meant that was a waste of money. I don't give a damn. I'm STILL gonna get my moneys worth from those things LMAO!! SO, in the next few months. Probably less, I plan on getting some 20 inch rims and tires before I mess the suspension up.

Got a LOT of plans for this ride but, I gotta do what I gotta do.

Last edited by 6.5affiliate; 07-15-2011 at 12:55 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:27 AM

Hell yeah get your moneys worth , i will do some more maintenance my self and call it a day wait till next summer and go to all the meets lol
Old 07-15-2011, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by 6.5affiliate
Real nice list man, what grille you thinking of getting? Well, I hope you continue to post pics when you get some more mods done. Aesthetic mods are always a must IMO. How are you gonna drop it? Springs or coilovers?
Im planning on getting a black mesh grille for my 07 maxima but the cheapest I could find is $170 on a website. I will pobably buy springs considering coilovers are very expensive. I mean if I had a real job my ride would be totally hooked up but im 19 just starting college lol

Quick Reply: Magnaflows and LED taillights Install!!!