6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Wheel Theft

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 07:57 AM

Wheel Theft

So I Just Was Awaken This Morning To Find Out That The Wheels On The 6.5 Gen That I Owned Were Stolen SMH
Old 01-12-2012, 09:36 AM

That sucks. Were they stock or aftermarket? I seen a 6.5 gen sitting on blocks from a persons landscaping before when i was as their house for a trouble call for the telephone. They got him one night during a bad *** thunderstorm. Keep an eye out on craigslist for them.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by DAlastDON
That sucks. Were they stock or aftermarket? I seen a 6.5 gen sitting on blocks from a persons landscaping before when i was as their house for a trouble call for the telephone. They got him one night during a bad *** thunderstorm. Keep an eye out on craigslist for them.
+1

definitely look on craigslist and ebay... #1 place stolen stuff gets sold.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by DAlastDON
They Were Stock With Fresh Tires I Picked Up A Few Months Ago
Old 01-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

dude that sucks man
Old 01-12-2012, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by twentyeggs
+1

definitely look on craigslist and ebay... #1 place stolen stuff gets sold.
Appreciate It Guys... Will Be Checking Everyday For Them
Old 01-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Got Retrofit?

Damn sorry to hear that. Definitely keep an eye out on Craigslist and eBay for them.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisMan287
Damn sorry to hear that. Definitely keep an eye out on Craigslist and eBay for them.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:36 AM

Bro WTF, people still do that sht??!!

Sorry to hear that buddy, hope you find the dik or diks who did this
Old 01-12-2012, 11:41 AM

if you do find them on craigslist, know for sure with out a shadow of a doubt 110% your rims after you have physically checked them out as a potential buyer, the way to get these guys is to check them out, say your not interested in them, then lie your butt off.

Unfortunately for you the legal system will not allow you justice in your situation. you have three options, you can buy them back, you can let them go, or you can do something dangerous and get even on a personal level. (i'd brew a molatov cocktail, buy a ski mask and window hammer and facilitate karma a bit ) unless you have definitive proof that they have your stolen wheels the police can't do anything about it. but if you call and tell police that you witnessed a person throwing your last rim in their car and speed off you can give them the plates of the car they have parked out front of their house. this is lying, but if you know 100% the thief trying to sell you the rims in fact has your rims this is the only way to get your rims back and see him go to jail for robbery. i see no wrong in that. justice is being served fairly and no one will question you when they see your car with no rims and this guy selling factory nissan maxima rims he got out of no where.

just a suggestion...

Last edited by twentyeggs; 01-12-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:17 PM
L36

Grab couple of your boys with you but only have 1 come with you to the actual meet and have the rest of them very near by. Pick a public place like a parking lot.

Confront them if you're 100% sure the wheels are yours after looking at them up close. Put the fear of an angry god into them and see how it goes. Personally id whoop their *** if i knew for a fact its my rims, but you might have a different approach.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:47 PM

Someone was stelling **** in my neighborhood a while back and he took my pool cleaner right out of pool. 2 hours after it was noticied missing, the dumb **** had it on craigslist. We set up a meeting to check it out and when the guy (who gave us his actual address and it was 3 blocks from my house) opened the garage, I just started taking pictures of the pool cleaner with my cell phone and got pic of him, other stollen ****, his house and plates on his car. Then we went to the Sherrifs dept and gave everything to the detective we made the original report with. He was arrested and hour later and I was standing there when they did it so I could get our **** back. I prefer to have just shot him and take my **** but my wife talked me out of it. Good luck.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:28 PM

I definitely concur with all the other guys that say craigslist. I doubt the thief would want to use it. He is definitely putting it up for sale.

You should definitely go make a police report now. This is to help you out when you meet the thief and he wants to argue his way out of it. And for a set of 4 rims with new tires, you in luck that if you meet him, he will give you his home address to meet him at. Because if he has to take all 4 rims to meet you and you say not interested in buying them, it is too much work for him to load it up again and drive home. So, high chance he might ask you to come to his house to check out the rims. Also, he might not want to carry the tires aroind, if he has a car and not a truck.

It would be nice to go with some company when you go to have a look at the tires, if you see them on sale. And you better go fast before he sells them dead cheap.

I hope you find your rims back and catch the thief.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:19 PM

hey do you have a receipt for those new tires you got? if you do, than the brand and date on the receipts may likely be just enough evidence for the cops to take him down without you needing to do any kinda funny business... what city do you live man, i would like to monitor craigslist for your rims. I hate theivs, they are the lowest form of human beings and it would make my day to see them get caught up.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:53 PM

hey do you have a receipt for those new tires you got? if you do, than the brand and date on the receipts may likely be just enough evidence for the cops to take him down without you needing to do any kinda funny business... what city do you live man, i would like to monitor craigslist for your rims. I hate theivs, they are the lowest form of human beings and it would make my day to see them get caught up.
Thanks Man... It Was In Philadelphia... And They Were 17" SL Wheels With Yokohoma Tires
Old 01-12-2012, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by the macedonian
Bro WTF, people still do that sht??!!

Sorry to hear that buddy, hope you find the dik or diks who did this
That's Exactly What I Said... Spoke To An Insurance Agent And He Told Me That Wheel Theft Has Been The Problem As Of Late In The Philly Region... When I Got My 4th Gen I Had 6th gen wheels on it but i Took the wheel locks from off of the 6.5 gen it and put it on the 4th gen. Well needless to say, that was a bad idea... My pops drives the vehicle and was telling me about someone in his area that was eyeing the wheels. So taking precautions, he moved the car to my mother's neighborhood 10 minutes away. Supposedly that same max was in the area when they were stolen this morning.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by PetitFrereMaxima
I definitely concur with all the other guys that say craigslist. I doubt the thief would want to use it. He is definitely putting it up for sale.

You should definitely go make a police report now. This is to help you out when you meet the thief and he wants to argue his way out of it. And for a set of 4 rims with new tires, you in luck that if you meet him, he will give you his home address to meet him at. Because if he has to take all 4 rims to meet you and you say not interested in buying them, it is too much work for him to load it up again and drive home. So, high chance he might ask you to come to his house to check out the rims. Also, he might not want to carry the tires aroind, if he has a car and not a truck.

It would be nice to go with some company when you go to have a look at the tires, if you see them on sale. And you better go fast before he sells them dead cheap.

I hope you find your rims back and catch the thief.
I Hope So Too... A Police Report Was Filed As Well As My Insurance agent was notified... They towed the vehicle to Ardmore Nissan with some of their special equipment but it comes at the cost of a $500 deductible
Old 01-12-2012, 08:31 PM

Wheel locks? $30 part that saves you a lot of agro. My aunt's in-laws bought a 6th generation and didn't heed my warning and suffered the same fate. Year later they caught the team who was doing it and selling on ebay and cl.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Thaboywonder6588
Thanks Man... It Was In Philadelphia... And They Were 17" SL Wheels With Yokohoma Tires
oddly enough i happen to be selling 17" sls with yokohamas right now...

Although im in canada and have been selling mine for awhile lol, sucks that people will steal even stocks these days.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:59 AM

I'm not too familiar with the parking where you live, were you on the street or in your driveway? If in your driveway, I wouldn't confront or threaten anyone, although that would be my gut reaction. The reason for this is.... wait for it.... the guy would know where YOU live and then pay backs on top of pay backs. Get the insurance money for them, drop a few extra bucks of your own and get some nicer wheels with brand new wheel locks..... and a pit bull to sleep in your car with the window down so he can rip someone's azz.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:12 AM

Damn that sucks truly didn't know people still do that I know for some other rims or a car but some stocks.....Damn Good Luck hope you find them......
Old 01-13-2012, 06:29 AM

And Yes I Still Have The Receipt For The Tires
Old 01-13-2012, 06:34 AM

I live right near Drexel hill. Across City Ave in the suburbs..It's really getting bad around here. I personally don't like to get the law involved because I like to take matters into my own hands but man that really sucks. I'll be on the look out too since I'm local.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by tseng1023
I live right near Drexel hill. Across City Ave in the suburbs..It's really getting bad around here. I personally don't like to get the law involved because I like to take matters into my own hands but man that really sucks. I'll be on the look out too since I'm local.
Well It Didn't Happen In Drexel Hill... It's Not Too Bad Out Here... It Was In The Northeast Near Bridge And Pratt... I Have Pics On My Phone... How Do I Go About Uploading Them?
Old 01-13-2012, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by BadBlackMaxSL
I'm not too familiar with the parking where you live, were you on the street or in your driveway? If in your driveway, I wouldn't confront or threaten anyone, although that would be my gut reaction. The reason for this is.... wait for it.... the guy would know where YOU live and then pay backs on top of pay backs. Get the insurance money for them, drop a few extra bucks of your own and get some nicer wheels with brand new wheel locks..... and a pit bull to sleep in your car with the window down so he can rip someone's azz.
It Happened On The Street
2 Sets Of Wheels Locks Will Be Purchased
And The Pitbull Idea Doesn't Sound Too Bad
Old 01-13-2012, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Thaboywonder6588
Well It Didn't Happen In Drexel Hill... It's Not Too Bad Out Here... It Was In The Northeast Near Bridge And Pratt... I Have Pics On My Phone... How Do I Go About Uploading Them?
Do you have pics? Send em out to me I'd be more than happy to set this guy up .

Last edited by tseng1023; 01-13-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by tseng1023
Do you have pics? Send em out to me I'd be more than happy to set this guy up . 610-908-9893 is my #.
Will Be Sending... The Pics I Have Are Of The Car How It Is Now
Old 01-13-2012, 06:52 AM

To all you guys advocating revenge I think you should consider the consequences before you act. Sure it looks good on paper but one of you said to toss a "molatov cocktail" thru someones window. Not too smart law wise, you can look for them on the for sale sites. But I'm sure you have insurance and in the future I'm sure you'll have wheel locks so this won't happen again.

I feel you, someone just stole my 17yr old son's car stereo, amp and subs. He had just got them only 2 weeks earlier and the worst part was that it was just three days before Christmas. Do all you can to ensure it won't happen again is the only advice you should ever be entertaining.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Maxgig
To all you guys advocating revenge I think you should consider the consequences before you act. Sure it looks good on paper but one of you said to toss a "molatov cocktail" thru someones window. Not too smart law wise, you can look for them on the for sale sites. But I'm sure you have insurance and in the future I'm sure you'll have wheel locks so this won't happen again.

I feel you, someone just stole my 17yr old son's car stereo, amp and subs. He had just got them only 2 weeks earlier and the worst part was that it was just three days before Christmas. Do all you can to ensure it won't happen again is the only advice you should ever be entertaining.
That sucks what happened to your son. I'm always scared the same thing will happen to me. That's why I avoid crankin' my system around the neighborhood.

I think all car owners in bad neighborhoods should invest in tilt sensors!

Last edited by tseng1023; 01-13-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:09 AM

Thats just it, I live in a newly developed neighborhood on the outskirts of town, not even in gps yet. I think my son was showing it off and someone decided that htey needed it motre than he did.

He works at night and on that particular night he got home at 1:30 in the morning. We guess that it was stolen between the hrs of 2-5 am because my wife leaves at 6.

Since then I've had an alarm put on his car and will be installing new equipment on the next warm day.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Maxgig
Thats just it, I live in a newly developed neighborhood on the outskirts of town, not even in gps yet. I think my son was showing it off and someone decided that htey needed it motre than he did.

He works at night and on that particular night he got home at 1:30 in the morning. We guess that it was stolen between the hrs of 2-5 am because my wife leaves at 6.

Since then I've had an alarm put on his car and will be installing new equipment on the next warm day.
i won't disagree with you, getting revenge is a very bad idea..

this reminds me of my buddy of 11 years, he spent 1200 bucks on a competition sub stereo, then put stickers all over his car that came with the subs, and then the retard left his car unlocked 80% of the time. so one day when while he was in class i went out to the parking lot, found his car, spread all his garbage around, took his deck out, took his subs, i even took his rear view mirror fragrance tree thing. it was a glorious 60 seconds of watching the blood drain from his face and panic ensue.

he got the moral of the story, and i don't think he ever left his car unlocked again, he even took the stickers down... hahah im such a great friend.

i did keep his remote to his stereo for about a week, and was able to change his stations and volume at stop lights lol
Old 01-13-2012, 02:38 PM

Feel your pain man. It hurts when you put time and money in your car and someone comes and steal it. Get some good wheel locks next time. I mean you can't really stop a thief from stealing but you can slow him down or deter him.

Same thing with alarms, they don't stop a theif it just deters them. But if they want it real bad they will get it.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by mrjasonlyrics
Feel your pain man. It hurts when you put time and money in your car and someone comes and steal it. Get some good wheel locks next time. I mean you can't really stop a thief from stealing but you can slow him down or deter him.

Same thing with alarms, they don't stop a theif it just deters them. But if they want it real bad they will get it.

my alarm will stop a thief. at my last apt, two cars got broken into across the lot, so i went out and got the best viper alarm/remote start you could get. the covered parking covers 4 cars per section, 3 months later my parking section got hit, the two cars on my right and 1 on my left got broken into and mine was skipped. the viper sticker and blue flashing light was all i needed to deter that sorry low life bastard(s).

money well spent... and i love that remote start!
Old 01-14-2012, 10:34 AM

Damn sorry to hear that bro, and yeah revenge is a bad idea if they got stolen from your house(unless you are always strapped and have no fear lol). Time for me to pick up a set of wheel locks.

Last edited by smplyamzng; 01-14-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by smplyamzng
Damn sorry to hear that bro, and yeah revenge is a bad idea if they got stolen from your house(unless you are always strapped and have no fear lol). Time for me to pick up a set of wheel locks.
well see thats the thing... these guys didn't wake up one day and go, im going to do something i've never done before, they probably rob people all the time, if you waited a month before taking matters into your own hands they would never know which one of the people they robbed got them back!

its still a bad idea.... lol just sayin...
Old 01-14-2012, 02:36 PM

It's NE Philly..Cars are getting stolen as a whole or for parts ALL the time.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:10 PM

did you have wheel locks ?
Old 01-14-2012, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Kryogen
did you have wheel locks ?
no he took them off and put them on his other car
Old 01-15-2012, 06:58 AM

Having the receipt and police report is the best advice so far...
Old 01-31-2012, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Merlin5150III
Having the receipt and police report is the best advice so far...
Still no Dice

Quick Reply: Wheel Theft