6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Battery size

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 07:55 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Battery size

Good Thanksgiving morning, brothers and sisters,

My question is this: my current 04 battery is a Kirkland, and after installing it 6 years ago, realized that it was smaller than OEM. Is there any reason why I should not buy a bigger battery that fills the battery tray, or should I get a smaller one of the same group that is specified for the Max? All responses appreciated!
Old 11-28-2013, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by lobewiper
Good Thanksgiving morning, brothers and sisters,

My question is this: my current 04 battery is a Kirkland, and after installing it 6 years ago, realized that it was smaller than OEM. Is there any reason why I should not buy a bigger battery that fills the battery tray, or should I get a smaller one of the same group that is specified for the Max? All responses appreciated!
Go to your car parts store and ask for the proper battery for your car, as simple as it gets...

Last edited by Kryogen; 12-02-2013 at 04:04 AM.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:16 PM

@kryogen

Brutha-man, you apparently have a poor long-term memory. I am the same lobewiper who stood up for you and your right to make frequent and often stupid posts when everyone was trashing you a while back. You're the dentist who would ask questions like, "I ran over some toothpaste last night and now my tires have white marks on them. What should I do?" Yes, I remember you well. My friend, you will see at some point in your pathetic life that what goes around, comes around.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:02 PM

Guys we are all Maxima brothers here. Let us chill out please. As for what Battery you need go to to your local Sears and ask for a 24F Die hard Gold. End of story.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:44 AM

My batteries never last more than 2 years
Old 11-30-2013, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by smplyamzng
My batteries never last more than 2 years
What battery you buying?
Old 12-02-2013, 03:57 PM

Let's put this thread to rest.

Here's the deal. My old battery was 6.75 inches wide and 8.625 inches long. It did not fill the battery tray and was obviously too short. Didn't like the aesthetics. So, bought a longer one at 10.25 inches (same width as old), and now it looks OEM in terms of fitment. I had posted because I had wanted to know if a bigger than recommended battery would be a mistake. (Answer: it makes no difference except more CCA (cold cranking amps, which is a good thing.) In reality, Costco had since increased the battery size recommended for the Maxima to the one I just bought. 36 months free replacement and 100 months warranty for $91.00 out the door (they don't do installs). I'm a happy camper because the last Kirkland (Costco's brand) lasted for 6 and a half years and is still going strong. I replaced it simply because winter is coming to Chicagoland and I don't want to have to replace it in very cold weather.

Last edited by lobewiper; 12-06-2013 at 04:24 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:48 AM

really as the saying goes, "Size doesn't matter as long as it gets the job done". On a side note, not all batteries are created equal. You can get smaller batteries that do the same if not better than larger batteries. If you want the tray filled, then really the best bet is to buy the larger battery with the same cold start amps or better. I would stay away from Yellow top Optima batteries. I could not keep one going for more than 2 and a half years. I bought this one 3 years ago: http://www.sears.com/diehard-platinu...1&blockType=G1 it's been working great.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:05 PM

Brutha, Kryogen is a great dentist and gave you correct answer- go to goddamn autoparts store and pick up a battery for your vehicle's year and model. Don't worry about aesthetics, this is not a root canal!
Old 12-04-2013, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by acercomp71
Brutha, Kryogen is a great dentist and gave you correct answer- go to goddamn autoparts store and pick up a battery for your vehicle's year and model. Don't worry about aesthetics, this is not a root canal!
The above post suggests that some of us have a little too much 1) time on their hands and/or 2) testosterone. Why don't you get a life, my friend, and leave my preferences in battery sizes up to me? Thanks a thousand!
Old 12-04-2013, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by acercomp71
Epic.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by lobewiper
@kryogen

Brutha-man, you apparently have a poor long-term memory. I am the same lobewiper who stood up for you and your right to make frequent and often stupid posts when everyone was trashing you a while back. You're the dentist who would ask questions like, "I ran over some toothpaste last night and now my tires have white marks on them. What should I do?" Yes, I remember you well. My friend, you will see at some point in your pathetic life that what goes around, comes around.
My life is pathetic because I work/train too much. You are right. But I am making a ****load of money so I can retire earlier.

The kind of toothpaste that you use really doesnt matter much as long as you brush properly... and floss once in a while.
As for running over a tube of toothpaste with my car, I don't think it ever happened. Toothpaste is easily cleaned with water anyway. But you know that, so why ask.

Here is an article about cleaning headlights with toothpaste
http://www.timelessfinance.com/2012/...t-restoration/

peace.

Last edited by Kryogen; 12-11-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:26 PM