6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Installing Navigation System on 2007 Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Installing Navigation System on 2007 Maxima

Hello Everyone. I'm new to this forum. I'm a car enthusiast but I'm a novice when it comes to upgrading interiors with electronics and such. I'm sorry if this topic has been discussed but I haven't been able to find a clear answer to my dilemma. I've searched the web but haven't found anything.

I am considering buying a 2007 Maxima SL. It doesn't have the navigation system but I wish it did. The problem with the 2007 setup is that the navigation screen can't easily be taken out and replaced by an OEM navigation system like in other cars. It has this weird split window screen and it looks like it can't be modified, or at least not without great cost.

Are there OEM navigation units out there that can be retro-fitted into a 2007 Maxima that currently has no navigation installed? If so, where? Would it have to replace the existing stereo unit? If that occurs, can I still use the steering wheel controls?

I need a navigation for my line of business it would really streamline everything if it could be in-dash rather than on my phone. Knowing whether or not I can install an in-dash navigation system is critical for me to decide if I should buy this car.

I've seen rear-view mirror nav systems but they seem a bit awkward.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 12-04-2013, 08:45 PM

I did a complete writeup with a custom navigation install for under $200. I will soon be posting another DIY replacing that navigation with an android Tablet. Here is my old post if interested. http://forums.maxima.org/6th-generat...y-4-200-a.html Remember this is a dead thread that needs to stay dead. Post any questions here or pm me. I am currently trying to get android 4.4 kitkat on my tablet as we speak prior to installation, however it is not going as fast as I would like it to. Might consider getting a different tablet if this doesn't play out like I want it to.