6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

04 Max Navigation Screen Stuck

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 10:24 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

04 Max Navigation Screen Stuck

Hello,

I have an 04 Max fully loaded model with a built in Factory Navigation system. When I purchase the vehicle in Feburary 2014, I notice the Navigation system display would come on but the map would show the last point where it was active when the owner before me had the vehicle. As I drive around, on the map it still show the same old position, but when you do a turn for example turning East or West, you can see the little point that shows your car moving turns as well but the map still stuck on the same position and where it was last used on the previous owner. So just to better understand, I'm in Brooklyn NY and the Map still shows as like I'm in Queens NY still.

The menu and options on the Navi works, just the map is stuck at a location where the vehicle were before. I also removed the Navi DVD out, and when that happens the screen will have a warning message stating to install the dvd disc back in.

Anyone that had that issue before, or know the proper solution, Please do so share it here or PM me. I know some will say to take it to the dealer, but we all know the vehicle is used and taking it to the dealer would be expensive just for them to take a look at it.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:02 AM

Navi guide: http://www.courtesyparts.com/pdf/200...Navigation.pdf

Clean the DVD with a soft cloth and put it back in

What happens when you try to search for an address and try to go to it?

Clear the GPS memory and check the GPS info in the navi settings -- I would just play around with the display settings to see if it works, if not then you could have a bad GPS sensor in the car so it can't correctly find your location