6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2007 Nissan Maxima Stereo Steering Wheel Control works only with wheel turned left

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 02:29 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2007 Nissan Maxima Stereo Steering Wheel Control works only with wheel turned left

Hello
The stereo steering wheel control only works when I turn the wheel to the left in about a 3/4 inch range. Does not work when the wheel is straight or turned to the right. The cruise control on the other side of the steering wheel works fine in any position of the wheel. Has anyone encountered this problem and what did you do to fix it?

Thanks Matt
Old 08-13-2015, 07:26 AM

there is a cable that is part of the airbag sensor; not sure what it is called. I remember reading a while back that this can affect your controls. It could possibly have a short. I will try to remember where I read about it and what it said. Good luck.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:45 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Steering Wheel Stereo Control

I pulled the wheel off and cleaned the clock spring. This did not change anything. Is the spiral cable and clock spring one in the same? Could it be the switch? If the switch is bad would all the functions of the switch stop working? In my case all the functions stop working but when I turn left they all work again. By the way after I reinstalled the wheel the stereo buttons do not work in any position. I just want to know if I need to replace switch assembly or Clock Spring or both. Trying to keep my costs down with a little help troubleshooting this thing. Thanks.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Problem solved

The problem was the clock spring. I installed new clockspring and all is working perfectly.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:58 AM

Good for you. Where did you buy the clock spring and how much? I believe the clock spring on 2007 is keeping me from permanently resetting my airbag light. I can reset it but it comes back on after awhile. Thanks in advance
Old 09-04-2015, 08:39 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Clockspring

Hi James,
I bought mine from the dealer. $284.00. For me it was part number 25560-ZK01D. Becarful looking on ebay or anywhere else. I bought this same part number on ebay and it was totally wrong. Had to return for refund. Dealer will accurately look up your part number by VIN code. This part number has different variations! For example a heated steering wheel clock spring versus non heated has the same part number but one of the clock springs has an extra wire harness. Also the online sellers do not show photographs. Only weak cad assembly sketches so you cannot tell anything from it. Good luck.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:43 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Auto Entry/Exit

I have another issue. After disconnecting the battery my auto entry/exit feature stopped working. It's not a huge deal as it was starting to be annoying. However I would like to know if there is a way to turn it on and off on a 2007 nissan maxima SE without the navigation system? I have followed the steps in the manual like open and closing the door 2 to 3 times driving over 25mph.....Thanks for any help.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by trasmadean
I have another issue. After disconnecting the battery my auto entry/exit feature stopped working. It's not a huge deal as it was starting to be annoying. However I would like to know if there is a way to turn it on and off on a 2007 nissan maxima SE without the navigation system? I have followed the steps in the manual like open and closing the door 2 to 3 times driving over 25mph.....Thanks for any help.

I had my 2008 Max battery replaced under warrantee and had the same problem with the seat access movement. Caught it before I left Nissan and pointed out the problem, because I've seen this before. I think they did something with the on-board computer to correct the problem.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:13 AM

Thanks for the quick reply
Old 02-16-2016, 06:59 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Has anyone fixed this on their own?
Old 02-21-2016, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by trasmadean
Hi James,
I bought mine from the dealer. $284.00. For me it was part number 25560-ZK01D. Becarful looking on ebay or anywhere else. I bought this same part number on ebay and it was totally wrong. Had to return for refund. Dealer will accurately look up your part number by VIN code. This part number has different variations! For example a heated steering wheel clock spring versus non heated has the same part number but one of the clock springs has an extra wire harness. Also the online sellers do not show photographs. Only weak cad assembly sketches so you cannot tell anything from it. Good luck.
Hey bud. Having the same issue. Question is, does yours have the heated steering wheel? I found that the one you bought is for heated steering wheel without stability control and there's another one 25560ZK01C which is for heated steering wheel with stability control, have no idea if that traction control. Does your car have heated steering wheel and or traction control?
Old 02-21-2016, 04:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hi Exmaverick,
My car has heated steering wheel and TCS. BTW. In the second half of post I talked about loss of the automatic entry and exit function. If you have this feature it will shut it off when the battery/steering wheel is disconnected. I discovered a very simple way to turn it on and off in cars without navigation. Just press and hold the set button for the seats for 10 sec. Both the seat 1 and seat 2 led's will flash. 1 flash disables the feature. 2 flashes enables it again.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:27 PM

What do you mean by "automatic entry and exit function"?
Old 02-01-2017, 08:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by gomax
What do you mean by "automatic entry and exit function"?
when you exit the car the steering wheel tilts up and the seat backs up to allow you to exit. When you get in and turn the ignition on, the seats and wheel return to your set driving position. This is available if you have the driver preferred package. In the manual they call it auto entry/exit. However the manual does not state how to turn it off or on. I explained how to do this in an earlier post.