6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2006 Maxima SE: Suspension Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 09:53 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

2006 Maxima SE: Suspension Help!

I have a 2006 Nissan Maxima SE, and it is time for me to do new suspension all the way around. I am wondering what it is I will need, shocks, struts, and swaybar type stuff. Let me know, and if you can help me price it out that would be great! Thanks
Old 03-07-2017, 11:30 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

To get the suspension back to almost like new you can expect to replace:

Front-
struts, strut mounts, top and bottom spring seats, control arms, tie rod ends, sway bar mounts, and sway bar end links.

Rear-
shocks, top and bottom spring seats, sway bar bushings, sway bar end links, and control arm bushings.

How much of this you will need to replace kind of depends on how many miles you have. Some of these parts last longer than others. Generally the rear stuff, except for the shocks and spring seats, last longer than almost everything else.

Pricing can vary quite a bit but I have found that CourtesyParts.com, RockAuto.com and AutoAnything.com are very competitive and between them will have everything you need. I try to avoid house brand stuff from most auto parts stores. Courtesyparts has exploded diagrams and NICOclub.com has service manuals.

Good luck and have fun.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:32 PM

Go eBay and type in search engine for 200x maxima suspension There you should find the complete package for less than going to your neighborhood stores.

Do note that once you make any changes to your suspension, you compromise your alignment, so best to change them all at one time then do a complete alignment after.

Gl
Old 03-08-2017, 07:01 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Have the same question. Glad you asked it.

eds
Old 03-14-2017, 05:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Les7311
Go eBay and type in search engine for 200x maxima suspension There you should find the complete package for less than going to your neighborhood stores.

Do note that once you make any changes to your suspension, you compromise your alignment, so best to change them all at one time then do a complete alignment after.

Gl

Alright, do you have any recommendations of brand, or can you link something in here for a 2006 maxima SE? Thanks!
Old 03-15-2017, 01:43 PM

I went to ebay I found a ton of stuff by searching "2006 maxima front suspension".

How deep is your pocket? How quick do you want them? China or USA? Free shipping etc.

My 05 maxima was a daily driver and had it up to 276,000+ miles - - did all the maintenance.

Look who has the most sales = good parts and delivery history. Some may have a the rods included, some may not. You may want your car to have top of the line stuff while am looking for low cost....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-10...BVxkmu&vxp=mtr

HINT: use that seller with most sales, free shipping, USA sales, BUY now, read he disclaimer on that ad, do a vehicle comparison on that seller parts.... lots to consider.