6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2007 Maxima (6.5 gen) fog light bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 07:06 AM

2007 Maxima (6.5 gen) fog light bulbs

I have the design with the fog lights in the bumper - not in the headlight assembly as in the older design. So I guess i am lucky regarding that aspect as I hear that's a better design. Anyway, the car is now 10 years old and I want to replace the fog lights with the PIAA Night Techs (H11). Just ordered them. I used these same bulbs for the main headlights bulbs already (9005 style - my car doesn't have HID). This car is so weak on headlights - it needs all the help it can get and I don't want to swap to HID.

Anyway, looking at the underside of the car, it appear that the fog light bulbs are accessible by hand by reaching up into the bumper from below to the back of the fog light housing. Not a lot of room to work - but it appears do-able.

Has anyone done this? Any tips on what to do - OR - not to do? Always good to know if anything is fragile and easily broken. I assume I just disconnect the wire first then twist the bulb base to remove the bulb and reverse order to re-install. I will wear gloves to keep oil off the bulb. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2017, 07:23 AM

Yes thats how you do it. To make it easier, just jack the car up and remove the two bumper screws from the fender liner to access it.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:16 AM

perfect - thanks