6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Skyview Window Rust

Old 04-15-2017, 08:23 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Skyview Window Rust

Hi, everyone! I've got a 2004 3.5 SL 4-speed AT with almost 79,000 miles. Despite what seems to be inevitable costly repairs, my wife and I had decided to stick it out and keep her as long as she works. I've had bubbling paint and a little rust developing around the edges of the skyview window on the roof, so I brought her in to get a quote on fixing it to make it look nice and prevent some of the leaking problems I've read about here. Two shops flat out said they recommend I sell my car before the rust bubbles begin to chip off because this would be too costly a job to do plus they wouldn't be able to guarantee it. One of the shops said one possible fix would be to completely replace the roof, but that would be a $2,500 - $5,000 job depending on the labor. Anybody get similar advice? It's a shame how unreliable these cars have become because when they're working they're great cars to drive. Can't afford anything but a new subcompact or used compact car to replace my Max, so I'm pretty bummed.

Search this Thread