6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

05 Maxima Tranny Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 08:11 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

05 Maxima Tranny Help

Hello to all, just wondering if anyone here from the Toronto Area has a good mechanic that will do the tranny fix. Just purchased a 05 with 155k KM and kinda pissed of the dealer i bought it as he did not say that is was hard shifting 2-3 and 3-2, now i have been reading on this issue and i see that it may be the Solenoid and valve body fix. Just looking for a good mechanic to take care of this problem. As well Will a tranny flush also help resolve the issue?
Old 05-13-2017, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by smacpl
Hello to all, just wondering if anyone here from the Toronto Area has a good mechanic that will do the tranny fix. Just purchased a 05 with 155k KM and kinda pissed of the dealer i bought it as he did not say that is was hard shifting 2-3 and 3-2, now i have been reading on this issue and i see that it may be the Solenoid and valve body fix. Just looking for a good mechanic to take care of this problem. As well Will a tranny flush also help resolve the issue?
Welcome to the forum. No, a flush isn't going to resolve the issue. Just go ahead with either of the two options. Is the SES light on?
Old 05-13-2017, 10:03 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks for the reply, but no the light is not on. got this car safety and etest and during the test drives i did not encounter this problem. i trusted the dealer selling me this car because he loves his own maxima that much as well. but he did not tell me of this issue. I have called nissan for a price on the oem valve body and they priced me at 1600 Canadian just for the part. Which of the two options is the best thou?
Old 05-13-2017, 10:13 AM

I'd opt for the oem valve body, admittedly the more expensive option.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

ok most likely gonna do that. Im also looking at this https://www.levelten.com/MAXIMA_Valv...-9000-55sn.htm

would it be worth the save of money? even with shipping i get 600 off that i could use towards the install if i can find a mech to do it.

Last edited by smacpl; 05-13-2017 at 10:30 AM.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:23 AM

Fine.