6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2004 Maxima Pass Window switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017 | 12:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2004 Maxima Pass Window switch

Hello all,

Sorry I have been searching for 3 days through some good threads here and google in general.

I am working on a 2004 Maxima 3.5se

Someone had taken the window regulator and the window switch harness plug. Actually depinned the plug. I am looking for pictures of a factory passenger side power window switch harness so I can repin the plug correctly.

I have seen the Nico forums fsm's, but they do not show me pinout just function

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Marcus
Old 07-04-2017 | 04:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Please...
Old 07-12-2017 | 06:38 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nothing out there huh?
Old 07-12-2017 | 09:15 AM

Here is something I put together from looking at the wiring diagram in the service manual. There are wire colors that are duplicated, so you will have to trace the other end to make sure you have the correct one.

Code:
2004 Power Window Master Switch Wiring

See FSM section GW starting on page 28
http://boredmder.com/FSMs/Nissan/Maxima/2004/GW.pdf

Big connector D7
 1 - blue (pin 2 of LR window switch)
 2 - white/black stripe
 3 - violet
 4 - blue (pin 1 of LF door key cyl switch)
 5 - red (pin 3 of RR window switch)
 6 - red
 7 - yellow/black stripe
 8 - green/red stripe
 9 - green/white stripe (pin 4 of motor)
10 - white/blue stripe
11 - green/white stripe (pin 2 of motor)
12 -   empty
13 - green/yellow stripe
14 - yellow
15 - green/red stripe
16 -   empty

Small connector D8
17 - black (ground)
18 - 
19 - white/red stripe

This is the view of the wires in the connector when it is plugged into
the window switch.

╔═══╦═══╦═══╦═══╦═══════╦═══╦═══╦═══╗
║ 1 ║ 2 ║ 3 ║ 4 ║ lock  ║ 5 ║ 6 ║ 7 ║        ╔═╗         
╠═══╬═══╬═══╬═══╬═══╦═══╬═══╬═══╬═══╣   ╔═══╦╩═╩╦═══╗
║ 8 ║ 9 ║ 10║ 11║ 12║ 13║ 14║ 15║ 16║   ║ 17║ 18║ 19║
╚═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╝   ╚═══╩═══╩═══╝
            connector D7                connector D8

Last edited by DennisMik; 07-12-2017 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-12-2017 | 09:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks for that reply. I however do not have a blue with white stripe on the passenger side. That looks to be the pinout for the driver front. I am looking for passenger front.

Here are my colors.

Large blue
Large green
White/red stripe
Black
Green/yellow
Green/White
Yellow
White/black
Green/red

This is where my confusion is. Manufacture date on the car is 03/03 which makes the car technically an 03 ,but Vin states as a 2004. Could this be my problem?
Old 07-12-2017 | 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by sikcrx89
That looks to be the pinout for the driver front.
OOPS. It is for the LF master switch. I guess my brain decided to step out for a smoke.

Here are my colors.

Large blue
Large green
White/red stripe
Black
Green/yellow
Green/White
Yellow
White/black
Green/red
The colors you posted are the ones for the RF door switch. Also, both rear doors are the same as the RF door. You could pull one of the rear door switches and copy it.

This is where my confusion is. Manufacture date on the car is 03/03 which makes the car technically an 03, but VIN states as a 2004. Could this be my problem?
All car manufacturers start making the next year's car model around the middle of the year. Nissan usually starts in June but there are many instances where they started earlier. I think the 1995 model was another early start like the 04.

So here is the RF door wiring

Code:
2004 Right Front Power Window Switch Wiring

See FSM section GW, page 40

Connector D105 - this connector is designed for 16 wires.
                 the power window only uses 9 wires.

3 - white/black stripe
 4 - green/red stripe
 8 - blue
 9 - green
10 - white/red stripe
11 - black (ground)
12 - green/yellow stripe
15 - green/white stripe
16 - yellow

the window switch.

║ 1 ║ 2 ║ 3 ║ 4 ║ lock  ║ 5 ║ 6 ║ 7 ║
╠═══╬═══╬═══╬═══╬═══╦═══╬═══╬═══╬═══╣
║ 8 ║ 9 ║ 10║ 11║ 12║ 13║ 14║ 15║ 16║
╚═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╝
            connector D105
Old 07-12-2017 | 07:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by DennisMik
OOPS. It is for the LF master switch. I guess my brain decided to step out for a smoke.

The colors you posted are the ones for the RF door switch. Also, both rear doors are the same as the RF door. You could pull one of the rear door switches and copy it.

All car manufacturers start making the next year's car model around the middle of the year. Nissan usually starts in June but there are many instances where they started earlier. I think the 1995 model was another early start like the 04.

So here is the RF door wiring

Code:
2004 Right Front Power Window Switch Wiring

See FSM section GW, page 40

Connector D105 - this connector is designed for 16 wires.
                 the power window only uses 9 wires.

3 - white/black stripe
 4 - green/red stripe
 8 - blue
 9 - green
10 - white/red stripe
11 - black (ground)
12 - green/yellow stripe
15 - green/white stripe
16 - yellow

the window switch.

║ 1 ║ 2 ║ 3 ║ 4 ║ lock  ║ 5 ║ 6 ║ 7 ║
╠═══╬═══╬═══╬═══╬═══╦═══╬═══╬═══╬═══╣
║ 8 ║ 9 ║ 10║ 11║ 12║ 13║ 14║ 15║ 16║
╚═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╩═══╝
            connector D105
I did pin the RF door switch the exact same as the RR and LR power window switches. The windows would roll down,but not up. As if a pin was wrong or multiple pins. I was going to pin the RF the exact same as LF off the master,but colors were not exact. Hence my confusion/lost nature.

Why I was wondering what the Passenger window switch wiring Pinout would be.
Old 07-12-2017 | 07:08 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

As I said I am unsure. If it's a grounding issue or power issue. I have checked all fuses/relays. I have even pulled both seats out and looked for fryaed wiring. I am at a complete loss. I have power to all 4 windows. In a down configuration. The Driver Front is the only window that moves up and down as it should. All other windows only go down. I have replaced the DF master switch also to no avail. I have googled the most common issues. Besides going through each terminal with a volt/ohm meter.

I however appreciate the help so far..

Last edited by sikcrx89; 07-12-2017 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-13-2017 | 08:49 PM

Correct any part of this that I have wrong. You have 3 windows that will only go down, passenger front and both rears. Is this from both the driver's door master switch as well as the individual door's switch?

The BCM (Body Control Module) has a data communications line that goes to all 4 window switches. I believe that when the driver master switch for one of the other doors is pressed, it uses the data link to tell the other window to move. This is the yellow wire on all the switches. This line is also used to lower the windows from the key fob.

All 4 window switches have a blue and a green wire that is a thick wire. The switch sends power and ground to the motor via these 2 wires. You can unplug the connector from the window switch and jumper 12 volts and ground to these wires to make the motor spin and move the glass. Connect the jumper wires one way and the glass will go up. Reverse the connections and the glass will go down. Maybe you should try this on at least one of the windows and see if the motor works in both directions.

How are you raising the windows back up when you are working on them?

I don't know if this could have any bearing, but there are 2 slightly different window systems. The FSM calls them anti-pinch windows and the difference is that one version has them on all 4 doors and the other version only has them on the front doors.

I am not sure which one you have. One way to tell is that if the passenger front and the 2 rear doors have the same wiring, then you have the 4 door anti-pinch system. If you only had the front door anti-pinch system, the rear door switch wiring (colors) would be different from the passenger front. Based on your last post, you make it sound like you have the all door system.
Old 07-14-2017 | 04:03 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Correct any part of this that I have wrong. You have 3 windows that will only go down, passenger front and both rears. Is this from both the driver's door master switch as well as the individual door's switch?

The BCM (Body Control Module) has a data communications line that goes to all 4 window switches. I believe that when the driver master switch for one of the other doors is pressed, it uses the data link to tell the other window to move. This is the yellow wire on all the switches. This line is also used to lower the windows from the key fob.

All 4 window switches have a blue and a green wire that is a thick wire. The switch sends power and ground to the motor via these 2 wires. You can unplug the connector from the window switch and jumper 12 volts and ground to these wires to make the motor spin and move the glass. Connect the jumper wires one way and the glass will go up. Reverse the connections and the glass will go down. Maybe you should try this on at least one of the windows and see if the motor works in both directions.

How are you raising the windows back up when you are working on them?

I don't know if this could have any bearing, but there are 2 slightly different window systems. The FSM calls them anti-pinch windows and the difference is that one version has them on all 4 doors and the other version only has them on the front doors.

I am not sure which one you have. One way to tell is that if the passenger front and the 2 rear doors have the same wiring, then you have the 4 door anti-pinch system. If you only had the front door anti-pinch system, the rear door switch wiring (colors) would be different from the passenger front. Based on your last post, you make it sound like you have the all door system.
Passenger front and both passenger and driver side rear have all the same wiring. I rolled each down individually with their respective switches once I pinned the passenger front as the same pinout of both rear doors.

The master switch is new on driver front. I have checked all fuses and removed both seats just from google searched problems to no avail.

The only window that operates correctly is Driver front. Car has been in the garage so no need to roll them up until I can pinpoint a fix.

The BCM that's located on the rear of the fuse box correct? Any fix for those? Just a relay correct
Old 07-14-2017 | 07:18 PM

Maybe the master switch on the driver front is the wrong one. The parts book has 2 part numbers for the master switch but the parts book never says what the differences are. The door switch is a microprocessor controlled unit and it has to deal with the two different rear window systems, so the programming is probably different.

If you are near a junk yard, look for a 2004 or 2005 Maxima and get the driver door master switch. But first verify that the rear window switch is wired like your car.

The BCM is much more complex than "just" a relay. I don't think it actually has a relay in it. It is also a micro processor controlled module and has its fingers in everything that is part of the car body, the headlights, all the interior lights, the windows, sunroof, door locks, alarm and more. See pages 9 and 10 - http://boredmder.com/FSMs/Nissan/Maxima/2004/BCS.pdf
Old 07-15-2017 | 03:48 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Maybe the master switch on the driver front is the wrong one. The parts book has 2 part numbers for the master switch but the parts book never says what the differences are. The door switch is a microprocessor controlled unit and it has to deal with the two different rear window systems, so the programming is probably different.

If you are near a junk yard, look for a 2004 or 2005 Maxima and get the driver door master switch. But first verify that the rear window switch is wired like your car.

The BCM is much more complex than "just" a relay. I don't think it actually has a relay in it. It is also a micro processor controlled module and has its fingers in everything that is part of the car body, the headlights, all the interior lights, the windows, sunroof, door locks, alarm and more. See pages 9 and 10 - http://boredmder.com/FSMs/Nissan/Maxima/2004/BCS.pdf

Ok. I have read on the differences between the specific years like 02,and 03. To view the printed circuits on them and distinguish the years apart. So since this particular car is wired the same on both rear doors,it should be assumed that my pinning the front passenger like the other 2 doors was correct? Then by default locate another master switch to try. This particular unit I purchased was a reman from some switch place.

Would I need to be specific if I don't get to locate one locally and have to order one? That I have the 4 window anti pinch system?
Old 07-15-2017 | 01:32 PM

If the car did not have the anti-pinch windows in the rear, the wiring for the window switches would be a lot different - i.e., smaller connector, fewer wires than the passenger front. By matching a rear door, you would have correct wiring.

With regards to the driver master switch, I am assuming that 2 different part numbers means there is a difference for some reason. But I have no information as to what or why.

You said the master switch that you bought was rebuilt. Rebuilt parts can have problems out of the box. This is most common with alternators and starters. If the place selling a replacement window switch didn't ask "which one?", maybe there isn't a functional difference. Or maybe they don't know about it. I have no idea how you would get it across to them.

You could try going to the local Nissan dealer and talk to the parts guy. I would take the car's VIN with you, just in case. Here are the part numbers I get:

25401-7Y000 superseded by 25401-ZK30B (for 5 passenger model)
25401-7Y010 superseded by 25401-ZK30A (for 4 passenger model)

Last edited by DennisMik; 07-15-2017 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-15-2017 | 02:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

If the car did not have the anti-pinch windows in the rear, the wiring for the window switches would be a lot different - i.e., smaller connector, fewer wires than the passenger front. By matching a rear door, you would have correct wiring.

With regards to the driver master switch, I am assuming that 2 different part numbers means there is a difference for some reason. But I have no information as to what or why.

You said the master switch that you bought was rebuilt. Rebuilt parts can have problems out of the box. This is most common with alternators and starters. If the place selling a replacement window switch didn't ask "which one?", maybe there isn't a functional difference. Or maybe they don't know about it. I have no idea how you would get it across to them.

You could try going to the local Nissan dealer and talk to the parts guy. I would take the car's VIN with you, just in case. Here are the part numbers I get:

25401-7Y000 superseded by 25401-ZK30B (for 5 passenger model)
25401-7Y010 superseded by 25401-ZK30A (for 4 passenger model)
Thank you for the help. I will start with this.