6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

New tires (tire pressure light still on)

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 07:36 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

New tires (tire pressure light still on)

2008 Maxima.

All tires are at the proper pressure. Does the light disappear after some mileage or is there a manual reset procedure?
Old 01-16-2018, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Revived
2008 Maxima.

All tires are at the proper pressure. Does the light disappear after some mileage or is there a manual reset procedure?
Probably a failed sensor on one or more tires. They operate off a battery
and have to be totally changed, meaning the whole sensor. On my 08 two are out but looking at the expense of a redo, I can manually check my tire pressure like I once did in the old days.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:00 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Roymg
Probably a failed sensor on one or more tires. They operate off a battery
and have to be totally changed, meaning the whole sensor. On my 08 two are out but looking at the expense of a redo, I can manually check my tire pressure like I once did in the old days.
Yeah we don't mind the manual checks either but what about the instrument panel warning light? Any way to disable?
Old 01-17-2018, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Revived
Yeah we don't mind the manual checks either but what about the instrument panel warning light? Any way to disable?
I think I saw a guy on Youtube make a jumper to kill the light but I'm not into trying that. The failure of these sensors and leaving them as is does not affect the safety inspection, at least not in Louisiana.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:26 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Ok thanks for the info.