6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2004 maxima hesitation update

Old 11-27-2017, 05:59 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2004 maxima hesitation update

I posted on a problem where when turning left intermittently that i would get a ratchety sound and hesitation, i have tested turning off the VDC button in dash, takes away this issue, is there any way to keep this off as every time i start car i have to turn it off, now obviously i still have a problem but again issue gone when VDC turned off manually, what can be this problem? thanks all for any info..........
Old 11-28-2017, 06:03 AM

Interesting. I had an Olds that had trouble with traction control. Every time I spun a tire even just a little, the TC would kick in and stall the engine, had to restart in traffic a couple times until I figured out that turning off TC, car ran fine never stalled. Was out of warrantee, so I just remembered to turn it off regularly until I finally traded it in.

Point being, most of these stability or traction control systems start by retarding timing in the car, or some other way to cut the throttle down, then they may use ABS to control spin. But the engine activity is normally first. So in short, good thing is you found a way around the problem, bad thing is it will likely cost more then you want to spend considering it's nearly a 14 year old car.

Search this Thread