6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

ChapChap 6-Speed Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 01:11 PM

ChapChap 6-Speed Build

Well I have had my 06 Maxima since July of last year doing just maintenance and keeping it running but now is the time to start doing it justice and actually upgrading and modifying. I have quite a few parts that have just shipped in now and waiting on a few more things , BUT fun things to come ! Can’t wait to share with everyone!
Old 05-25-2018, 07:17 PM

Just to catch up to speed with what I’ve done to car so far.
-replaced back left wheel hub and bearing.
-replaced clutch master cylinder.
-dyed all fabric interior with a black dye
As well as typical synthetic oil changes , filters, and used marvel mystery oil in last oil change as well as various fuel fill ups.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:21 PM

What is being shipped and or I have waiting to be done.
-Mishimoto Radiator
-New catalytic converters for bank 1 and 2
-new clutch slave cylinder
-modding my grille
-LED headlights and headlight restoration
-repaint the trim along roof and windows
-vinyl wrap my roof gloss black.
all of this I’m trying to get done in the next couple weeks
Old 05-25-2018, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by ChapChap
What is being shipped and or I have waiting to be done.
-Mishimoto Radiator
-New catalytic converters for bank 1 and 2
-new clutch slave cylinder
-modding my grille
-LED headlights and headlight restoration
-repaint the trim along roof and windows
-vinyl wrap my roof gloss black.
all of this I’m trying to get done in the next couple weeks
Any tips on vinyl wrapping the roof? I have never applied vinyl wrap but would like a black, gloss or matte. My roof has a bad sun damage. is it a 2 man job? thanks!
Old 05-26-2018, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by follyburr
Any tips on vinyl wrapping the roof? I have never applied vinyl wrap but would like a black, gloss or matte. My roof has a bad sun damage. is it a 2 man job? thanks!
Havent done it just yet I’ve got the vinyl already but I have to fix some rust spots from rock chips in paint first. I will be doing the job with my brother - in - law who has experience with vinyl but I’ll let you know when I do it .
Old 06-06-2018, 09:24 AM

Headlight Restoration

Before
After . Still think I will hit it again with the 2500-3000 grit and polish.
Used the 3m headlight restoration kit
Old 06-25-2018, 12:06 PM

Repainted grilles gloss black , cut out inserts and put up a wire mesh. Also installed 6500k LED headlights and fog lights ! I’m loving the new look!!
Old 06-25-2018, 12:15 PM

Old 06-25-2018, 12:16 PM

Out with the old in with the new! Pulled my Cats and found 2 out of 3 were hollowed out so I went ahead , due to issues with the new cats I bought, and hollowed out the third one which was Bank 1 firewall side. I love the sound I’m getting now I thought I would hate it
Old 06-25-2018, 12:19 PM

Also replaced my old radiator; had a lovely crack down the plastic top end. Replaced with a Mishimoto Radiator! So far so good have been running it for a couple weeks now. Replaced the Master Clutch Cylinder a month or so ago so while I was at it with cats and radiator I replaced the Clutch Slave Cylinder. Car is shifting like a dream now.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

ChapChap,

Would you like to share your experience with LED headlights replacement? Which brand did you use and how is your new light? How difficult was that? Did you get HID before?

About headlight lens restoration: did you use any clear coat after buffing your lights? I was told that without protection the lights will yellow again in 6 months.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Barmaley
ChapChap,

Would you like to share your experience with LED headlights replacement? Which brand did you use and how is your new light? How difficult was that? Did you get HID before?

About headlight lens restoration: did you use any clear coat after buffing your lights? I was told that without protection the lights will yellow again in 6 months.
As far replacing them after you get the bumper off it’s rather easy the only issue I’m running into is the dusk covers do not fit over then new lights still working on a fix for that. And I just bought the cheapest 6500K bulbs from AliExpress and oddly enough I fell in love they look amazing , great field of vision, perfect color, I’m just waiting to see how long they actually last . But so far so good!

I didnt put any coating on the headlights I couldn’t get them as clear as I wanted but i plan on doing them again and as far as a coating I think I’ll just stick with wax often. Hear horror stories with clear coat.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:18 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ChapChap, any new updates? I have the prototype Mishimoto radiator in my 05 Max and its still going strong many years later.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
ChapChap, any new updates? I have the prototype Mishimoto radiator in my 05 Max and its still going strong many years later.
Not much to update on. Been trying to decide what I want to do . Timing chain is starting to be an issue I’m hearing it grind on cold start . Can’t decide if I wanna do a few more things before saving up for that job.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
And I also live in Panama City Beach, Florida so the hurricane might slow me down even more ... evacuated to Louisiana for now....
Old 12-10-2018, 05:54 PM

Ok now that life is settling down after hurricane Michael I will be shifting more focus back to the Maxima!! So on my plate I’ve got timing chain rattle what’s some experiences / pricing from shops that have been quoted if anyone can help
Old 01-07-2019, 07:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Timing

Originally Posted by ChapChap
Ok now that life is settling down after hurricane Michael I will be shifting more focus back to the Maxima!! So on my plate I’ve got timing chain rattle what’s some experiences / pricing from shops that have been quoted if anyone can help

I did mine and i got the kit from ebay for a little over 200 bucks.

Old 02-04-2019, 11:33 AM

Picked up some 19” G35 Rays wheels this weekend ! Has cracks and chips in powder coating so I will need to refinish them but I’ll test fit this week and see if I like the color
Old 02-04-2019, 08:26 PM

Anybody run this setup have advice on needing spacers, etc.??
Old 05-21-2019, 08:05 AM

Random update , working on the Rays have had them sandblasted and now I’m going through priming and sanding should have them on the car within a couple weeks. Will also replace rear wheel bearings at same time which I have already. Then onto coils then brakes
Old 05-29-2019, 06:58 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

You don't need spacers or anything for the Ray's to fit right. They're within oem spec bro. I was going with the same setup, but the deal fell thru. I opted for a set of 18" 350z Ray's instead. I'm refinishing mine right now. I scored a bonus set of 18" Lorenzos for $50 on the same day. Those have been refinished, but I still need to wet sand the lips. I might use them as my winters. I like what you're doing bro. Keep it going.

This is the bonus set. Unsure if I will use them or not.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Kone35
You don't need spacers or anything for the Ray's to fit right. They're within oem spec bro. I was going with the same setup, but the deal fell thru. I opted for a set of 18" 350z Ray's instead. I'm refinishing mine right now. I scored a bonus set of 18" Lorenzos for $50 on the same day. Those have been refinished, but I still need to wet sand the lips. I might use them as my winters. I like what you're doing bro. Keep it going.

This is the bonus set. Unsure if I will use them or not.

Nice man! Thanks for the reply , yea I tested fitted the wheels the other day and yeah if I do run spacers they will be maybe 10mm. Can’t wait to get them on the car though wait on new tires to come in.
Old 05-30-2019, 03:11 PM

Old 06-01-2019, 10:01 PM

Another quick project knocked out this weekend ! Loving them so far
Old 09-10-2019, 07:50 PM

Old 09-10-2019, 07:52 PM

Just realized I never posted an actual after pic of the wheels on the car ! Love the way they came out. Put Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 255/35/19 all the way around