6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2007 maxima please help . New ignition problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 12:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2007 maxima please help . New ignition problems

I have an 07 maxima sl . The ignition switch went out on it (I think ) I had just replaced the valve covers and plugs then drive it about a mile and it died on me ( ran better than it ever had before ) no warning just dead . I coasted a little ways and parked . Tried to statin it twice nothing . Then I pulled the key out and it would never turn again . So I bought a new ignition switch assembly from auto zone Oddly enough they don’t come with keys I thought there was something wrong with that so I said that went back about another one and sure enough that we didn’t come with keys either. So I hired a locksmith and he came out and programmed the keys but he could not get the steering wheel or the ignition to turn even though the key is programmed to the BCM and it’s a brand new key but he cut it to what the old key was. The key is absolutely programmed to the BCM it’s storing the key information and what not I see it on his little screen and it matches the key and the BCM numbers both match the ignition still will not turn any help would be really really appreciated. I can’t even roll the windows up it’s very very frustrating
Old 04-24-2023, 07:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Mikeymike1111
I have an 07 maxima sl . The ignition switch went out on it (I think ) I had just replaced the valve covers and plugs then drive it about a mile and it died on me ( ran better than it ever had before ) no warning just dead . I coasted a little ways and parked . Tried to statin it twice nothing . Then I pulled the key out and it would never turn again . So I bought a new ignition switch assembly from auto zone Oddly enough they don’t come with keys I thought there was something wrong with that so I said that went back about another one and sure enough that we didn’t come with keys either. So I hired a locksmith and he came out and programmed the keys but he could not get the steering wheel or the ignition to turn even though the key is programmed to the BCM and it’s a brand new key but he cut it to what the old key was. The key is absolutely programmed to the BCM it’s storing the key information and what not I see it on his little screen and it matches the key and the BCM numbers both match the ignition still will not turn any help would be really really appreciated. I can’t even ll the windows up it’s very very frustrating
from what I understand your going to need a new or clean ecu and program the keys to that new one or flash that ecu u have now...something like that...