7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

2009 Nissan Maxima pics/videos

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 07:05 PM

4DSC no. 4DSC should officially the Altimas title especially after looking at these pics, 4DSL(as in 4 door sports Luxury) maybe sounds better to me atlease

i must say that interior looks very very nice, im not to sure about the front end, taking styling cues from the Dodge Charger is not a good idea, i like the look of the 6th gens front better
Old 03-18-2008, 07:23 PM

definitely has aggressive lines. does anyone notice how the front and rear quarter panels bulge? looks pretty nice. the front will grow on us. it looks very sporty. i like how the front kinda resembles the 5th gen. those exhaust tips look mighty big. quad tips look better but not bad. center console does resemble a G sedan. Nissan has kept it in the family by taking cues from one another. integrated fogs look very nice. the more you look at it the more it sink in. definitely a lot sportier than the 6th gen.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by jcalabria
Overall, this is definitely the most favorable initial reaction I have ever had to a new Maxima design. Interior looks great - hope there is a wood-less version (though the wood here is reasonably tasteful). Very nice! Manual shifter gate is FINALLY towards the driver instead of away... HOORAY! (though with paddle shifters, who cares, lol)

EDIT - After seeing additional interior photos, the tacked-on ovoid air vents on the ends of the dash don't really sit right with me.

Overall the exterior is very nice also! Love the front air damn and how the scoops and fogs are integrated into it. LED tails (but wish they were solid red instead of having reverse lamps integrated). Side lamps in mirrors!

Keeping in mind that I actually like it (a lot!), I do have to nit-pick a bit:
  • Do not care for chrome over license plate - reminiscent of the G35 chrome lip (also fugly) or even recent Lincolns.
  • The front grill's shape seems just a bit off... like the side edges need to angled a bit instead of so straight up/down. Hopefully just from the angle of the pics and better in person.
  • Foot operated parking brake - how un-4DSC! Ugh! Probably a good indicator that the MT is gone for good.
  • Chrome door handles -Yuch. Hope SE (if there is one) has body colored handles.
  • Don't care for the wheels pictured - better than current SL wheels, but not great.
Much shorter list of complaints than in previous gens...

As far as the "Camry" comments... this sculpted styling idiom is just a fact of life in the auto world since Chris Bangle unleashed his ugly BMW's - the whole world has unfortunately followed in his footsteps. This is one of the better Bangle-esque designs I have seen, however.

Hope this is an SL equivalent and there is a woodless/chromeless SE version with nicer wheels. Needs a decent suspension for me to consider for Max #8, but everything else looks pretty damn nice.

Should be a hit with general public.
Originally Posted by 4DRSpeed
with some bigger wheels from the factory this car may looks a lot better. But on a boat that size the wheels look PUNY.

One thing I have noticed the interior has similarities to the G37's interior.

G37 Interior

Maxima Interior
not so fast about the no 6spd hypothesis. notice the cloned g37 interior? now look at this pic:

as you can see a/t g37 has the foot-operated ebrake, whereas the g37 6mt has the handbrake control instead... so there's still hope!
Old 03-18-2008, 07:37 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

Originally Posted by SickSE
Well...

I think this is my last Maxima...

That square grill just does not look right. Looks like some arab version of an infinity M to me.
And also halogen high beams FTL....
an "arab" version? racial comments are not nice...

As for the car, I really like the inside.. but not 100% sure on the outside...great curves.. i like the lights... hmmm

Time will tell...
Old 03-18-2008, 08:08 PM

damn thats hot!
Old 03-18-2008, 08:51 PM
KH3 5spd

Very nice. curious about the big bulge on the hood w/ its curvature something big is probably hidden in it. as well as the flared sides its add more on its stance.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:53 PM
no more maxima...

Looks FAR better than the current 6th gen garbage. It will never please everyone, but I think Nissan has taken the design language back in the right direction. The funky headlight design will be follow through in other Nissan cars such as the new 350z.

It would still look nicer without the "notches" in the lamps however:

Old 03-18-2008, 09:12 PM

That is exactly how I picture the headlights. Great photoshop!
Old 03-18-2008, 09:17 PM

lol Nissan just couldn't get away from the wheel gap could they hahaha

I'm kind of in the middle with this one though...but it does look SICK with that photoshopped drop. I'll have to see it in person really.

Oh and specs?
Old 03-18-2008, 09:20 PM
Turbo'd Saab

I'm probably gonna buy one.

I really want that steering wheel it looks really nice.

So what are the specs?

I like what you guys did to the headlights in photoshop, but I'm thinking an overlay is already in order from bluebatmobile LOL

And they really wanted a 4DSC they should move the front wheels foward to the front corners of the car, better handling.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:32 PM
Newbie just Registered

Before jumping to the no 4DSC conclusion, I believe this is the SL/GLE equivilent; 18's instead of 19's in the teaser shots; plus no "4DSC" on the rear windows. Just a few more hours before specs will be released.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:55 PM

I really Love this look so far. Gen 7 Maxima may go down in my book as best looking ever. I have always had (and always will) have a love affair for the Gen 3 maxima. Since Gen 3, with every Gen change there were some ifs and don't likes. This is the 1st since Gen 3 I have NO dislikes for on the exterior styling.

Gen 1: was classic always like them

Gen 2:was a classic 3 box design that I always liked especially the mid-cycle refresh!

Gen 3: was just a TOTAL KNOCKOUT! These STILL turn my head when I see one.

Gen 4: I didn't like the rear and the roundish rear window. But the car was so great, looks did not matter. (I owned one of these!)

Gen 5: Wasn't too big on the roundish grille at 1st or the Cougar-ish rear slant on the rear door windows. Many didn't like the tail lights/rear, but I loved that part of the car, very original. The Mid-Cycle refresh was great with 6-speed manual, bought one of those!

Gen 6: I remember setting eyes on that the 1st time..I was WTF? The grille and front looked nothing to me like a Maxima should. I did like the c-pillar/rear door design and the interior door panels (very contemporary). Car felt too big and more luxury-ride for my taste, and quality seemed lacking. Did not want one of these.

Gen 7: HOT! I love every angle of this exterior. The only thing I don't like so far is the chrome thingy over the rear plate, the Chrome door handles, the round air vents inside that make me think mazda 6. This exterior is more aggressive and very sporting. I just can't wait to learn about the SE version.

I have had it set in my mind my next car will be rwd. I was hoping the max would return to it's rwd roots by way of being a decontented M platformed car but with a real manual tranny the M does not offer. I thought Nissan would learn that the Max done this way would take sales form Chryslers 300 and Charger, plus it would differ so much from the Alti. But we get another FWD Maxima. If this thing drives a great as it looks in SE trim, I may stick to a fwd car! Damn you Nissan! LOL
Old 03-18-2008, 10:04 PM

clear corners after the vinyl corner headlight cover-
Old 03-18-2008, 10:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

more pics...high rez

Last edited by rio28; 03-18-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/maxima...sandspecs.html
Old 03-18-2008, 10:58 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

backlights

Old 03-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

2k4, I hear ya. Thanks, I am not the only one I am not trying to hate on the Maxima, but I admit its hard for me to like it. I understand Nissan can't please all, either. Past Nissans (lets say before 2005) excited me upon their release. Lately it seems like Nissan is trying to make everything look the same. I know from a cost standpoint and consumer recognition standpoint it makes a little sense, but come on now. It may work for Dell but please not Nissan. Maybe I am cynical, but boxiness reminds me of the 80s and Dodge K cars, where I think of rounded as the 90s and modern cars (or some of the cool futuristic 50s cars). Nissan is going the way of the bean counters which has killed many a company (see GM last 25 years at least, Ford last 15, etc).

Nissan moved to much up front with the Altima, so the Maxima lost its place. Now the Maxima fills the shoes of the I35 in some respects. That Nissan to Infiniti bridge.
I hope Nissan at least gives us some colors. After seeing the new Murano colors, or lack of any, I am not expecting "wow." Hopefully they can at least give the Maxima some decent ones.

On another note, how do they get so many photo leaks at the last minute?? They must be able to protect it better than that, somehow? Bring 1 Maxima in, with some weird wrapping on it, guarded, at the last moment. No pics before, no nothing.

Originally Posted by 2k4MaximaSE
.....you have to come to the realization, even though it's a very bad one.....Nissan's are made in the U.S. So in actuality it has become an American car in its own way. I feel what you're saying with the Murano/Altima, but Nissan did go and "pushed" the envelope with the 6th gen Maxima by going on a completely different route, but what did you get? Many people not liking the "bubble body". I constantly see on these boards people saying how the 6th gen is too big, too bubbly, doesn't look sporty and whatever other complaints they might have with the looks. No matter what a car manufacturer does (be it Nissan, Mercedes, BMW, etc.) they won't be able to please all of us, it's impossible. They try to come up with a car that general audience (especially those who are current and/or previous owners of their vehicles) to try and hook them with the new model.

I think that Nissan in a way has shot themselves in the foot. Not because of how they've styled the 7th generation Maxima, but with the drastic evolution they gave the Altima. It's as if though the only reason why the Maxima is still in the Nissan line of vehicles it's because of its longevity and prominence, otherwise, it wouldn't be a surprise to me if Nissan execs at one point or another had talks about possibly dropping the Maxima all together. The Maxima is in a territory that's beneficial to it, but at the same time could be a downfall. Beneficial in the sense that it can use cues from its upscale brothers in the Infiniti G and M models. I like the where Nissan is taking the Maxima, more luxury oriented and if the 6th generation wasn't proof of that, just look at this new interior. But, also, it could be its downfall due to the fact that Nissan still takes very visible cues from the Altima and attatches it to the Maxima. If the Maxima is truly Nissan's flagship vehicle than they definately have to take another route as far as the platform that they use for the Maxima. Instead of sharing the platform of the Altima, use that of the G, or the M, or make one exclusively for the Maxima taking all the pros of the Altima, G, and M platforms and giving it a unique finish for the Maxima.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by capedcadaver
Well, at least we know it's FWD.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:40 PM
Maximoneypit

its got potential....... slammed on 19s or 20s
Old 03-18-2008, 11:57 PM

hmmm, i like it.

only complaint is that tiny part of the headlight near the corner. they could have left that part out.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:39 AM

this thing is hot and in 2010 its gonna have a 3.0 renault-nissan turbo diesel producing 261hp and 406 lb ft @ 1750 rpms this thing is gonna be a beast with great gas mileage. they r gonna have to do an awd or rwd platform with that engine otherwise the torque steer would be unimaginable. i cant wait to see this beuty in person!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 04:32 AM
Very sound, Mike

More new pics of the 2009 Maxima - All 47 of 'em!

http://thenewmaxima.com/index.php/topic,10.0.html

Looks like it's going to have "baby blue" gauge lights and the dual-panel sunroof.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by haunt14
this thing is hot and in 2010 its gonna have a 3.0 renault-nissan turbo diesel producing 261hp and 406 lb ft @ 1750 rpms this thing is gonna be a beast with great gas mileage. they r gonna have to do an awd or rwd platform with that engine otherwise the torque steer would be unimaginable. i cant wait to see this beuty in person!!!
If only diesel wasn't over $4/ gal....
Old 03-19-2008, 06:39 AM
MAXXED OUT Member!

Love the front and side view other than the side of the headlights and the pointiness of the tail lights wrapping around the side. Interior looks good. Guess it will grow on us. Does anyone know what options on engine yet besides the turbo diesel option that has been mentioned?
Old 03-19-2008, 06:42 AM
Very sound, Mike

Originally Posted by jman7777
If only diesel wasn't over $4/ gal....
It'll most likely be a wash in terms of cost but at a much higher low to mid-range response for the driver.

Based on my my own trend these days and assuming the 2010 gets at least 29mpg on average: (a hunch based on the MB Bluetec engine that puts out similar numbers)

18k miles/year
Premium Gas - $3.49
Diesel - $3.99

Gas MPG - 24
Diesel MPG - 29

Gas would be $2618/year
Diesel would be $2477/year
Old 03-19-2008, 07:01 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by soundmike
It'll most likely be a wash in terms of cost but at a much higher low to mid-range response for the driver.

Based on my my own trend these days and assuming the 2010 gets at least 29mpg on average: (a hunch based on the MB Bluetec engine that puts out similar numbers)

18k miles/year
Premium Gas - $3.49
Diesel - $3.99

Gas MPG - 24
Diesel MPG - 29

Gas would be $2618/year
Diesel would be $2477/year
Now, plug in the real numbers and diesel no longer looks like a winner

Day before yesterday (Shell in Brooklyn, NY)

Premium $3.49 / gallon
Diesel $4.59 / gallon
Old 03-19-2008, 07:05 AM

http://www.nissanusa.com/09maxima/index.html
Old 03-19-2008, 07:20 AM
SuPeRmOd

rear buckets seat 5 with controls
front seat has cooling system and adj thigh support
mp3 9GB memory and ipod interface
rear camera
CVT but seems better. (6sp can keep wishing, but it's a small demographic.)
18" or 19"
lighter, rigider, quieter
290hp
SE suspension returns
leather choices

i'm hating.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:26 AM

is there a manual available?
Old 03-19-2008, 07:50 AM

Thanks for the link!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 07:54 AM
Z

Look how low the car is sitting here. =)

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/09m...thumb1280x1280
Old 03-19-2008, 08:02 AM
max2moon17

the interior is sexy....but the exterior IMO is making me want to . is it me or is it only nissan that always have their car riding really high stock?

Old 03-19-2008, 08:10 AM
wants an I35

Originally Posted by NYPD-Arnold
Look how low the car is sitting here. =)

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/09m...thumb1280x1280
that DEFINITELY looks like a camry....
Old 03-19-2008, 08:13 AM

Old 03-19-2008, 08:15 AM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by MaximusMorpheus

Damn, that looks nice!
Old 03-19-2008, 08:27 AM

I wonder if the writer is blowing smoke up our **s...

"No official word yet, but you can bet a six-speed manual Maxima SE version is in the works if Nissan is bold enough to put the 4DSC sticker in the window."

From this motor trend article:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ook/index.html
Old 03-19-2008, 08:44 AM

OK, I keep looking at it and at first I really disliked it a lot. However, it is starting to grow on me. But I sure wish they had done something better with the front.............particularly the grill.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:46 AM
brotherhood of tq

well i must say i kinda like the lines of the car and its interior is nice. it is no longer so round like the 6th gen. if it wasnt fwd i would pick one up.

it seems like the lines, hood and and some what the front have a serious evo/gt-r look to them. like they modeled this car off of those lines or something
Old 03-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Nightmare = Reality

Seriously, Dear GOD who was the retard that thought "Beige is a GREAT color to use for our official premiere photos/display at the auto show" ???

I was genuinely disgusted with this car until soundmike came along and pshopped in some sexy colors..

second, that notch needs to go. and I mean like go a month ago. as soon as the photochop of that notch rolled in, I went from "there's something really damn wrong with that car" to "okay, now that's feckin' TITE"

Time to talk nissan into parking one over at Brian Catts then tour over to bluebatmobile for a month or 2 a piece. I would like to see what a nice SS quad-tip would do for it.

The center section of that steering wheel looks like a 70's Hairdryer to me. I want the 3-spoke from the 350Z/G35 with the Brushed metal inserts, or the 4-spoke off my 03.

SoundMike; Thanks to you, I now want a YELLOW 09 Maxima SE with 19s and Eibachs.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:58 AM

Ok that picture of the guy cleaning the car really makes the point that this car is not that bloated beast of the 6th Gen. You can see the car has a low stance and has a really sleek look. I think those initial pictures are too close to the car and apear to be taken from a high position. These ground pictures really give you the nice feel for the car. Can't wait to see it saturday or sunday at the auto show.

Quick Reply: 2009 Nissan Maxima pics/videos