7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ooooh i saw a maxima and took some pictures!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 10:19 PM

BluFlame - I only wish I had some time to spare. I have a seven acre lawn to keep groomed, as well as fruit trees, berry bushes, a meadow to maintain, and a fencing job and a reforestation project going. We're trying to find the right place to retire so we can get out of this eternal work. Don't ever buy a big house, and especially avoid large properties and farms. The work never ends. I have also been roped into writing articles for sports publications, and just finished a work on geneaology. I usually end up getting to bed around 6AM and strive to find four hours sleep. I stay tired.

I live near my Nissan dealer, and often stop in as I am going by. I know everybody there. I don't stay long unless something is 'going down' (such as a new generation Maxima). I have driven the G35 several times (the dealer is near), and, other than feeling a little cramped (especially in back), finding the price the way I want the car to be between $2,000 and $3,000 more than the Maxima, and having a dealer that won't deal the way I think he could, I have no complaints with the G35. I really like the styling of the sedan (but not so much the coupe).

As for the Pontiac G8, I'm sure it will appeal to some folks, and might even be the better choice over the Maxima for a few. I happen to be one of those who is not interested in raw power, thinks the G8 looks like a 1980s Detroit product, have never had the slightest interest in elapsed times, and could care less if the government banned V8s. Moreover, I much prefer FWD, absolutely MUST have a heated steering wheel (old, gnarley, lifeless hands), and, living south of Atlanta, am very excited about the air conditioned driver's seat on the new Maxima. I also love the styling of the new Maxima, but understand some folks probably won't.

Granted, I have been a Maxima fanatic for 26 years, and loved its predecessor (the Datsun 810) before that. Having owned nothing else for almost 24 years, I am aware I am not looking at things from a neutral viewpoint. I drove Pontiacs (and drove them fast) from 1955 till 1966, and loved them. Had the G8 come along at that time, I would probably have given an arm and a leg for one. But years pass, and now I am an old fart, with a mind sort of closed to anything but the Maxima, which has become sort of an 'old faithful dog' to me, and I can't bring myself to kick it out.

So please understand I have difficulty being neutral, and try to take my criticism of non-Maximas with a grain of salt.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Maxima Grounding Kit Spec

Originally Posted by tigersharkdude
i will ask someone, to confirm what motor this is
Yes please confirm. I am sure it is still the DE because it would make little to no since to stop the rev limit at 6600 if it has the revised valve and valve springs. Not to mention the lack of the dual air intake.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:01 PM

It is kinda sad that Americans can't take American Cars seriously. It seems that GM has made great strides since the early 2000's to really put out exciting products whereas Nissan up until about now actually has fallen down on the job and all I can hear is all these remarks about how inferior the G8 seems when I bet most who have made them have not test driven one. I think GM has come up with some exciting products as of late and when I get around to buying a new car they will be on my list however, I feel Nissan is not trying hard enough in their core competency which is performance in favor of keeping a safe distance with Infiniti in all aspects. That makes no sense as a person looking for the refinement of a premium brand would be far less interested in performance numbers than a person willing to spend near premium or premium money for a car to get performance. In my opinion the G8 got right: If you do it go ***** to the wall Nissan is pussyfooting: We want to give you the 4DSC but unfortunately to really go there we have to hurt G35's feelings and since he cost more we are going to give you a half assed attempt force you to use premium gas and fail to give you real performance and real comfort to boot.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:20 AM
*moderator*

FYI, the great strides in the G8 (and GTO) are being "borrowed" from Holden in Australia. They still haven't figured it out, just figured out that some one else has...

"Holden boss Denny Mooney announced North American export plans for the Australian-made VE Commodore as part of a deal with General Motors' Pontiac brand that is said to be worth as much as $1 billion annually to Australia's largest automotive manufacturer.

The export vehicle will be built in left-hand drive at Holden's Elizabeth manufacturing facility in South Australia and sold in the United States as a Pontiac G8. Two versions will be exported, one with a 3.6-litre V6 engine and a second, more powerful model with a 6.0-litre V8."

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...rticleID=29015
Old 06-15-2008, 01:45 AM

Shinjiduo - Of course there is a lot in your post that is true. But there is always a shade of gray involved in these things. There is no question that the Maxima has a nicer, plusher interior and more goodies and embellishments than the G8, but nobody here feels the Maxima is stronger than the G8. After all, the G8 is specifically a muscle car, with a much bigger 6 litre V8 engine and RWD. These are two cars that are, in most ways, opposites. About the only thing they have in common is the price.

The V8 G8 will be the obvious choice of those who make RWD brute power and fast accelleration top priority (G8 braking and handling are great, also), while the Maxima will be the choice of those who put a refined upscale interior and lots of features first, or prefer a car made in America by Americans. Other than a few more youthful posters here, these are two cars that will rarely even be shopped against each other; just totally different cars.

Yes, the G8 is an exciting new car for Pontiac, and even though it is Australian-built, it will bring new folks into the showrooms of an American auto company, and that is always good. Yes, GM is showing me things I had given up on seeing from an American company. Even the new Malibu is sort of eye-catching.

If you want a true sports car from Nissan, the GT-R fills that bill. Nissan's smaller sports 'performance king' is the 350Z. The Maxima is a compromise of a practical, affordable, comfortable, roomy, near-luxury sporty four-door family sedan, and those who want it to be a 'performance king' do not understand the compromises necessary to enable the Maxima to be the best all-around FWD car in its class. Yes, the G35 has more power, but pays the price in reduced MPG. In these $4 a gallon (and rising) times, MPG has become very important. The Maxima gives us all the power a sporty family sedan really needs (zero to 60 in 6 seconds will certainly get you to the church on time), and still gets decent gas mileage.

No, the new Maxima will not be a slam-dunk for those who put accelleration at the top of their list. But Nissan has to fit the Maxima to a segment that demands much much more from a car than pure power, and has tailored the new Maxima to that target audience.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
FYI, the great strides in the G8 (and GTO) are being "borrowed" from Holden in Australia. They still haven't figured it out, just figured out that some one else has...

"Holden boss Denny Mooney announced North American export plans for the Australian-made VE Commodore as part of a deal with General Motors' Pontiac brand that is said to be worth as much as $1 billion annually to Australia's largest automotive manufacturer.

The export vehicle will be built in left-hand drive at Holden's Elizabeth manufacturing facility in South Australia and sold in the United States as a Pontiac G8. Two versions will be exported, one with a 3.6-litre V6 engine and a second, more powerful model with a 6.0-litre V8."

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...rticleID=29015
Who is the largest stakeholder in Holden hmmm?
Old 06-15-2008, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Shinjiduo - Of course there is a lot in your post that is true. But there is always a shade of gray involved in these things. There is no question that the Maxima has a nicer, plusher interior and more goodies and embellishments than the G8, but nobody here feels the Maxima is stronger than the G8. After all, the G8 is specifically a muscle car, with a much bigger 6 litre V8 engine and RWD. These are two cars that are, in most ways, opposites. About the only thing they have in common is the price.

The V8 G8 will be the obvious choice of those who make RWD brute power and fast accelleration top priority (G8 braking and handling are great, also), while the Maxima will be the choice of those who put a refined upscale interior and lots of features first, or prefer a car made in America by Americans. Other than a few more youthful posters here, these are two cars that will rarely even be shopped against each other; just totally different cars.

Yes, the G8 is an exciting new car for Pontiac, and even though it is Australian-built, it will bring new folks into the showrooms of an American auto company, and that is always good. Yes, GM is showing me things I had given up on seeing from an American company. Even the new Malibu is sort of eye-catching.

If you want a true sports car from Nissan, the GT-R fills that bill. Nissan's smaller sports 'performance king' is the 350Z. The Maxima is a compromise of a practical, affordable, comfortable, roomy, near-luxury sporty four-door family sedan, and those who want it to be a 'performance king' do not understand the compromises necessary to enable the Maxima to be the best all-around FWD car in its class. Yes, the G35 has more power, but pays the price in reduced MPG. In these $4 a gallon (and rising) times, MPG has become very important. The Maxima gives us all the power a sporty family sedan really needs (zero to 60 in 6 seconds will certainly get you to the church on time), and still gets decent gas mileage.

No, the new Maxima will not be a slam-dunk for those who put accelleration at the top of their list. But Nissan has to fit the Maxima to a segment that demands much much more from a car than pure power, and has tailored the new Maxima to that target audience.
ALL I'm saying is if they really want to straddle the fence Nissan could get better mileage and probably get the whole 290 or maybe 285 if they used a true VQ35HR instead of a revised; too high compression, too highly tuned VQ35DE. Fact is if they raise the rev up to about 7200 rpm drop the compression ratio some and have dual air intakes they could probably juice 290 out of regular gas. Once agian if Nissan is really serious about gas conservation and hitting a gas price and performance conscious customer base than go ***** to the wall with that. They half-stepped across the board and even a novice in the field of engine engineering like myself can tell they did not give it their all. As for your other point about them never being cross shipped you are absolutely right but as a guy who would love to stay a Maxima owner they are not giving me quite enough refinement or performance or gas conservation/gas price relief to make it even remotely worth it to me. What is it they say in politics: "the first one to please everyone is always the first to fail" Get on a ship and ride. Nissan seems to be content to get either the loyalist or the confused. Not enough in my book but she is a looker.

Last edited by Shinjiduo; 06-15-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Shinjiduo
ALL I'm saying is if they really want to straddle the fence Nissan could get better mileage and probably get the whole 290 or maybe 285 if they used a true VQ35HR instead of a revised; too high compression, too highly tuned VQ35DE.
Again...i'm 99% sure the new Maxima IS using the VQ35HR. the DE is being phased out.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:46 PM
*moderator*

Who is the largest stakeholder in Holden hmmm?

Well obviously, I'm just saying they had to "borrow" the designs because the US designers can't seem to hit it. Hey props to them, they have the resources somewhere else, why not utilize them???
Old 06-15-2008, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
Again...i'm 99% sure the new Maxima IS using the VQ35HR. the DE is being phased out.
Probably but there are certain attributes that the HR's found in the Infiniti line up that Nissan has not said is in the Maxima. So as far as I am concerned if it does not have all the HR features it is not a HR. With the most notable omitted feature being an extended rev line.

Last edited by Shinjiduo; 06-15-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:58 PM

Well obviously, I'm just saying they had to "borrow" the designs because the US designers can't seem to hit it. Hey props to them, they have the resources somewhere else, why not utilize them???
There you go why not utilize oversea resources whenever you can. The Zeta platform is a great piece of engineering and I am sure if Nissan had it in their stable they would be using it too. In fact Nissan has on a variety of occasion used it's U.S. resources to help them with their designs. Personally I think if it were not for the labor unions the American car industry would probably be in great condition right now. But that is another story...
Old 06-16-2008, 09:28 AM
*moderator*

There you go why not utilize oversea resources whenever you can. The Zeta platform is a great piece of engineering and I am sure if Nissan had it in their stable they would be using it too. In fact Nissan has on a variety of occasion used it's U.S. resources to help them with their designs. Personally I think if it were not for the labor unions the American car industry would probably be in great condition right now. But that is another story...
I agree it is a shame, because we have the talent. I mean look at the cars that the cars Mercedes design studios in California put out. Series such as the A, G, and S-Class came from Ca as well as the new CL, SLK and the Smartcar (which is just now seeing US roads) We need to get it together!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 12:29 AM

I agree it is a shame, because we have the talent. I mean look at the cars that the cars Mercedes design studios in California put out. Series such as the A, G, and S-Class came from Ca as well as the new CL, SLK and the Smartcar (which is just now seeing US roads) We need to get it together!!!
Unfortunately out lack of ability to do so(We need to get it together!!!) is what is killing us. You have to think that the labor union's power is in it's member's. The union member have to know that their job situation is volatile because of the Union itself. The result of this volatility is the brightest most talented American car designers and engineers go the the unionless far more stable employment foreign stables.
Naturally with superior knowledge of our own customer base than our own country's car companies, foreign companies kick our *** because of streamlined operations less American cars being bought. Job situation gets less stable for American car labor union worker and they fail to do what is in their best interest out of fear for their own jobs as opposed to the state their company is in. Promising availible recruits become less interested in reviving American car industry because they are afraid for their own careers. American companies refuse to shake up their operations other than cutting employees because they are afraid of losing their own way.
Bottomline it has already happened, and unless we can find a way to get it together our car industry is going to be like the New York Knicks; a city that cultivates the highest concentration of great b-ball players but can't seem to recruit any of them and despite getting a blowout win every now and again will suck for a long time.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:43 AM

The 09 Maxima absolutey has a VQ35DE, not an HR. I got my new parts catalog with the "A35", and I've been looking at all the engine stuff- no exhaust VTC, and an intake virtually identical to the 07+ 3.5 Altima. In fact, many of the part #'s are the same, but with a few notable differences. The pistons, cams, and valve springs are different, and unique the the A35- exactly what you would expect with raised compression & HP. The bottom end is 1st gen VQ35- same rods & bolts as an 01 Pathfinder!
Old 06-17-2008, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by DAVEB
The 09 Maxima absolutey has a VQ35DE, not an HR. I got my new parts catalog with the "A35", and I've been looking at all the engine stuff- no exhaust VTC, and an intake virtually identical to the 07+ 3.5 Altima. In fact, many of the part #'s are the same, but with a few notable differences. The pistons, cams, and valve springs are different, and unique the the A35- exactly what you would expect with raised compression & HP. The bottom end is 1st gen VQ35- same rods & bolts as an 01 Pathfinder!
Like I said Nissan is artifically keeping the Maxima down. Why even make the car if you are going to limit it's ability to perform. Nissan could have easily made a VQ35HR with 285-290 bhp tuned to work with 87 octane gas. But to make the recently enlightended idiot yuppie customer base happy, they give the Maxima half-hearted garbage. I don't think I will be owning a Max again anytime soon and Nissan can keep their B.S. "premium" logo. I'd rather buy a Caddy or a Benz thank you very much. Such a shame as the car is really nice looking
Old 06-19-2008, 07:54 AM

looks good!
Old 06-21-2008, 12:42 PM
Project Ruby......

I have to agree the VQ35HR would have really pushed the 4DSC theme a step further even if the car still only had CVT.

It could still have 290HP or even 300HP, 6 shy of the G to keep Infiniti owners EGOs up. But if Nissan is shooting for a 4DSC image, an increased rev limit, some dual intakes under the hood would just increase that 4DSC sensation IMO.

Would this be a deal breaker for me though if I was in the market for a new Maxima? No probably not, but I do see the point that Nissan has half heartedly skipped the performance aspect of the Maxima once again. I don't really understand why Nissan would use the "old school" VQ35DE when they have an updated version of it. Is it that hard to turn the motor under the hood so it can drive the front wheels and keep it cost effective? I'd say not.

If Nissan TRULY wanted a 4DSC Maxima they should have dropped in the HR, and like in years past only 5% of the Maximas sold should have had a 6-spd. Does Nissan really lose that much money offering very little manual transmissions? Just reach in the parts bin like Nissan does with every vehicle (ex: interiors and motors).

While Nissan seems to have "half-hearted performance" the design is really a HUGE step in the right direction. And while the interior is basically ripped from a G/Murano, the overall design inside and out is a big plus. But like a lot of reviews so far I'd say this car does fall short on 4DSC with no 6spd, and a motor that can't rev past 7K and give you that real sensation of a sports car. If you have a motor in your lineup that revs past 7K and is used in your signature sports car, HELLO!! Why not use it in your 4 Door "Sports Car"?

What I expect in about 2-3 years 7.5Gen will possibly (or most likely) get the VQ35HR, it really would not surprise me in the least. I would say the same for the Altima in a couple years as well, but if the Altima doesn't get it first then who knows the Maxima may not get it. But then again maybe Nissan is really trying to further the Altima and Maxima apart and the big brother may get the HR motor.

Last edited by 4DRSpeed; 06-21-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by 4DRSpeed
I have to agree the VQ35HR would have really pushed the 4DSC theme a step further even if the car still only had CVT.

It could still have 290HP or even 300HP, 6 shy of the G to keep Infiniti owners EGOs up. But if Nissan is shooting for a 4DSC image, an increased rev limit, some dual intakes under the hood would just increase that 4DSC sensation IMO.

Would this be a deal breaker for me though if I was in the market for a new Maxima? No probably not, but I do see the point that Nissan has half heartedly skipped the performance aspect of the Maxima once again. I don't really understand why Nissan would use the "old school" VQ35DE when they have an updated version of it. Is it that hard to turn the motor under the hood so it can drive the front wheels and keep it cost effective? I'd say not.

If Nissan TRULY wanted a 4DSC Maxima they should have dropped in the HR, and like in years past only 5% of the Maximas sold should have had a 6-spd. Does Nissan really lose that much money offering very little manual transmissions? Just reach in the parts bin like Nissan does with every vehicle (ex: interiors and motors).

While Nissan seems to have "half-hearted performance" the design is really a HUGE step in the right direction. And while the interior is basically ripped from a G/Murano, the overall design inside and out is a big plus. But like a lot of reviews so far I'd say this car does fall short on 4DSC with no 6spd, and a motor that can't rev past 7K and give you that real sensation of a sports car. If you have a motor in your lineup that revs past 7K and is used in your signature sports car, HELLO!! Why not use it in your 4 Door "Sports Car"?

What I expect in about 2-3 years 7.5Gen will possibly (or most likely) get the VQ35HR, it really would not surprise me in the least. I would say the same for the Altima in a couple years as well, but if the Altima doesn't get it first then who knows the Maxima may not get it. But then again maybe Nissan is really trying to further the Altima and Maxima apart and the big brother may get the HR motor.
Lets hope that maybe Nissan's intent is to have an "ace in the hole" for the mid-season refresh.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:50 PM
SmokinMaxSE

I'd rather buy a Caddy or a Benz thank you very much. Such a shame as the car is really nice looking
Wow, you jumped from Maxima to Caddy and then a Benz. I wonder what inspired you to that level???? Got to give Nissan credit for something.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:29 AM

ALL I'm saying is if they really want to straddle the fence Nissan could get better mileage and probably get the whole 290 or maybe 285 if they used a true VQ35HR instead of a revised; too high compression, too highly tuned VQ35DE. Fact is if they raise the rev up to about 7200 rpm drop the compression ratio some and have dual air intakes they could probably juice 290 out of regular gas. Once agian if Nissan is really serious about gas conservation and hitting a gas price and performance conscious customer base than go ***** to the wall with that. They half-stepped across the board and even a novice in the field of engine engineering like myself can tell they did not give it their all. As for your other point about them never being cross shipped you are absolutely right but as a guy who would love to stay a Maxima owner they are not giving me quite enough refinement or performance or gas conservation/gas price relief to make it even remotely worth it to me. What is it they say in politics: "the first one to please everyone is always the first to fail" Get on a ship and ride. Nissan seems to be content to get either the loyalist or the confused. Not enough in my book but she is a looker.
40 more stock horse power with the same mpg rating isnt worth it for you? wtff
Old 06-22-2008, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by TeH BawNeY
40 more stock horse power with the same mpg rating isnt worth it for you? wtff
Considering they are using a CVT with all the risk (long-term durability) and limitations (Zero aural visceral experience / no fun on the autobahn if I spend another few years in Germany) it possesses along with the fact that Nissan themselves has produced superior fuel sipping technology that they refuse to employ. (NeoDi / mildly tuned HR etc.) If they don't want to go ball to the wall on performance as they have obviously demonstrated then at least go ball to the wall on practicality and getting 19/26 and only 290 bhp on strictly premium fuel and a CVT will not cut it in my book. Especially when you are capable of getting 21/29 and 290 bhp with the CVT on regular and probably could get 20/28 with a 6-speed auto or manual transmission without breaking the bank in developmental cost to get the aforementioned numbers. There is no other way to say it Nissan is half-steppin'.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by SmokinMaxSE
Wow, you jumped from Maxima to Caddy and then a Benz. I wonder what inspired you to that level???? Got to give Nissan credit for something.
All I am saying is I refuse to go to a fake premium brand. If the auto industry is telling me in order to get a practical RWD / AWD sedan with the performance I want I have to go with a premium brand I will not go with a placebo like Infiniti but a real premium brand like Caddi or Benz. With that much being said I have been doing research on Subaru as I have become completely disenchanted with the pull cart physics of FWD while at the same time don't have the money for the boys at GM and Mercedes... yet. Yeah I have given Nissan credit; the car is hot! Hey my old 2nd Gen was great and my 3rd gen was also great. The 5th Gen showed some limitations that I can live with but now it looks like on some levels Nissan is trying to force buyers to bump up to the Infiniti Brand and as much as I would love to stay in the Nissan family in the upcoming years it looks like my time is up this auto manufacturer.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:29 AM
brotherhood of tq

All I am saying is I refuse to go to a fake premium brand. If the auto industry is telling me in order to get a practical RWD / AWD sedan with the performance I want I have to go with a premium brand I will not go with a placebo like Infiniti but a real premium brand like Caddi or Benz. With that much being said I have been doing research on Subaru as I have become completely disenchanted with the pull cart physics of FWD while at the same time don't have the money for the boys at GM and Mercedes... yet. Yeah I have given Nissan credit; the car is hot! Hey my old 2nd Gen was great and my 3rd gen was also great. The 5th Gen showed some limitations that I can live with but now it looks like on some levels Nissan is trying to force buyers to bump up to the Infiniti Brand and as much as I would love to stay in the Nissan family in the upcoming years it looks like my time is up this auto manufacturer.
wow reading what you have been typing is bring a tear of joy to my eye....if you are ever in my neck of the woods i owe u a beer man.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:33 AM
SmokinMaxSE

All I am saying is I refuse to go to a fake premium brand. If the auto industry is telling me in order to get a practical RWD / AWD sedan with the performance I want I have to go with a premium brand I will not go with a placebo like Infiniti but a real premium brand like Caddi or Benz.
Than what are you waiting for? You don't have to convince us, have fun....
Old 06-24-2008, 10:05 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by DAVEB
The IM from the 07 Altima bolts up to the HR heads, as is the 07 Altima uses HR heads. And from what I remember, the new Alti IM is better than the current DE IM. Do you know if the CVCT sprockets have a wider range (55*) like the 07 Altima?
Old 06-24-2008, 08:46 PM

With that much being said I have been doing research on Subaru as I have become completely disenchanted with the pull cart physics of FWD while at the same time don't have the money for the boys at GM and Mercedes... yet.
You forgot this part. I'm too broke for those guys so I can't prove anything. But a 5-speed legacy GT 5-speed is looking more appealing by the day.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
wow reading what you have been typing is bring a tear of joy to my eye....if you are ever in my neck of the woods i owe u a beer man.
Alright now... I might just take you up on that offer. I can always use a free beer.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:45 PM

Pix of Dark Slate SV at Dealership

Got pix of double moon roof open....I don't like the way it sits on top of the roof. Thats really the only emphatic no I've come across so far with the 09. Pix of the splash guards in here too. I would like to embed these pix in the post but I can't seem to get it to work.

http://www.pbase.com/dboogie/image/99319157/original

http://www.pbase.com/dboogie/image/99319187/original

http://www.pbase.com/dboogie/image/99319189/original

http://www.pbase.com/dboogie/image/99319231/original

http://www.pbase.com/dboogie/image/99319254/original

http://www.pbase.com/dboogie/image/99319255/original

http://www.pbase.com/dboogie/image/99319289/original

http://www.pbase.com/dboogie/image/99319301/original

http://www.pbase.com/dboogie/image/99319302/original

http://www.pbase.com/dboogie/image/99319313/original

http://www.pbase.com/dboogie/image/99319319/original

http://www.pbase.com/dboogie/image/99319320/original

http://www.pbase.com/dboogie/image/99319326/original

http://www.pbase.com/dboogie/image/99319336/original
Old 06-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

THanks for the Pics & MSRP Sticker
Old 06-27-2008, 01:50 PM

looks very nice. I'm a little skeptical about the sunroof though. I don't like ones that come up above the roof.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:11 PM

Yeah Biggg thanks for the pics. I am too a little worried about how the glass sits. I would really like to see it in white I think it looks the best . I am probably going with the sport package, but would like to add some of the features of the premium model like the sunroof and cool front seat. If I end up getting it I probably wont have it roof open that often because I really like the way the car looks with it closed and it would really be the reason I would get it. Anyone with any knowledge how much the addition of the dual sunroof option is? or are they going to make you get the super SV Sports + Tech+ Premium? I hope not. Unless I can get a sweet deal from the stealership. So I can wait 6+ months.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:45 PM

Goodyear Eagles? Ugh didn't Nissan learn? :|

Great pics though!
Old 06-27-2008, 04:25 PM

These look good in person. Thanx for the pictures.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:46 PM

As info, the double panel sunroof is not an option. It is the centerpiece of the 'Premium' package, and is available no other way. The double panel sunroof is rather heavy, and Nissan specifically said a 'sporty' vehicle wuld have its performance unacceptably hindered by high weight, and so they will have no double panel roofs on any Maxima other than the 'Premium' package version.

In case there is still uncertainty: NO, the Premium package cannot be added to a Maxima that has the Sports package, nor can the Sports package be added to a Maxima that has the Premium package. These packages go in opposite directions.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:41 PM

Take me in the direction of the sport package, please!!!! Saw a black premium SV in Alexandria, VA and I'm ready to trade my Xterra!!!!
Old 06-28-2008, 07:58 PM

I too do not like the look of the sunroof open.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:34 PM

Below is a link to some Winter Frost photos taken last night and today at 2 different dealers. Looks best to me in this color so far! I like the way the dual panel roof stands out so much on the Winter Frost. The eucalyptus trim is pretty dark, so that looks pretty good too. If anyone has a pic of one in Winter Frost with the Charcoal interior please share....

http://2009maxima.blogspot.com/

Be sure to enlarge each photo individually!

Last edited by 4themax; 06-28-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:51 PM
SuPeRmOd

that 2 tone color layout is sick
Old 06-28-2008, 08:57 PM

sick two tone interior

NismoMax80 - Agreed, I like the Charcoal and the Cafe Latt'e... but not together. Then throw in the woodgrain and I think it is too much. That is why I plan to chose the Winter Frost with the Charcoal leather. I'm hoping that will be an awesome combo.

Last edited by 4themax; 06-29-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Finally saw one for myself

On I-10 going from Houston to San Antonio.

I didnt like the look at first, but it is growing on me. Ended up driving all around the truck to look it over.

Quick Reply: ooooh i saw a maxima and took some pictures!!!!