7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 02:44 PM

what is this?

What does the battery indicator and antenna symbal on the radio display suppoose to indicate? Also There seems to be a speaker in the middle of the dash; is this indeed a speaker; I have the bose system which really rocks!??? And yes i did lookin the owners manual

Thanks.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:37 PM

battery indicator and antenna are for your bluetooth connection and are the battery and signal strength of your cell phone.

don't know about the speaker
Old 12-21-2008, 10:24 PM

I've mainly noticed that the speaker when I use my bluetooth. It sounds as though that is the main speaker.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:00 PM

Yup. The middle speaker is the main blue tooth. I like how the system remembers the volume setting for both the phone and radio. For instance, when I get an incoming call and answer the volume increases to mid 20's, where I left it for the last call. Then once the call has ended and it returns to radio mode I enjoy single digit talk radio. Sounds liek a waist of Bose huh?
Old 12-23-2008, 05:44 PM

Depends on which talk radio show! Is the bluetooth easy to use? If so, life just got a lot easier...
Old 12-23-2008, 08:43 PM

The speaker in the center is great, it allows you to have a hands-free conversation that sounds like you have the phone next to your head or you have a really good noise-cancelling headphone. This is one of the best gadgets that the new maxima has included with its tech package. I have had a few friends and family in the car when I get a call, and they can't believe how clear the sound is, and that you can just speak normally and have your conversation heard clearly.