7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A QUICK VIDEO LOOK AT THE MAX!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 01:14 PM

A QUICK VIDEO LOOK AT THE MAX!!!

Hey guys!
It was so nice today 51 degrees, that I got a chance to go out for a run and I decided to get a quick video of the MAX all cleaned up with her shoes back on!!! It is not the best quality since I was using a digital camera with the video option but it works for now.

You can see just a few options of the VIPER alarm system at work, windows down and windows up feature and remote start, plus you can hear the Full Catback Stillen exhaust very briefly.

Tell me what you think!!!

I just posted it so it may take a little while to process!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YfUwVUoDzU
Old 01-02-2009, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by choice89
Hey guys!
It was so nice today 51 degrees, that I got a chance to go out for a run and I decided to get a quick video of the MAX all cleaned up with her shoes back on!!! It is not the best quality since I was using a digital camera with the video option but it works for now.

You can see just a few options of the VIPER alarm system at work, windows down and windows up feature and remote start, plus you can hear the Full Catback Stillen exhaust very briefly.

Tell me what you think!!!

I just posted it so it may take a little while to process!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YfUwVUoDzU

Very nice. Are you happy with the engine start interface? I seem to recall an earlier post where you had a minor issue. Has it been resolved?
Old 01-02-2009, 03:33 PM

NIce set up, that alarm system must run a few bucks. The exhaust sounds good too.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:49 PM

The system works perfect and comes in very handy here in Missouri especially because I work nights and it is the coldest part of the day when I get off of work. I leave everything on and get her runnng about ten minutes before I am ready to go and she is toastay!!!!

The system did cost a pretty penny but it was all worth it. I will post better videos soon!
Old 01-02-2009, 04:50 PM

looks and sounds great
Old 01-02-2009, 08:33 PM
aka The Doom Ship

I hate the grill but...if you like it...

everything else is ok.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Back in the Max

The system works perfect and comes in very handy here in Missouri especially because I work nights and it is the coldest part of the day when I get off of work. I leave everything on and get her runnng about ten minutes before I am ready to go and she is toastay!!!!

The system did cost a pretty penny but it was all worth it. I will post better videos soon!
is it true that when you use the remote start, start your car, when you get in it you have to shut your car off then restart it???
Old 01-03-2009, 05:43 PM

No its not true, it works just fine....I press the remote start function which has a timer set for fifteen minutes which is enough and when I get in the MAX I push start twice and press the brake and I am off!!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Got Retrofit?

Damn looks great.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:47 PM

No its not true, it works just fine....I press the remote start function which has a timer set for fifteen minutes which is enough and when I get in the MAX I push start twice and press the brake and I am off!!!!
Okay, so I guess it's like the remote start I had in my Xterra where I would put the key in and turn it just to the AUX setting and step on the brake.

But my question is did they take your extra FOB and put it in the unit, like they did with my extra key to get the remote to work?

And if they did, since it uses a battery, what should happen if the battery runs out? Or did they use the key portion of the FOB only?

I really miss the remote start and I love that yours has the window feature!
Old 01-03-2009, 07:16 PM

That viper system is pretty cool. I was waiting for you to push a button and the car drive away.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:27 PM

Sweet, seeing the grille like this, it doesn't look as bad as I initially thought but I really dig that remote starter.
The new exhaust sounds tight, wish I could've heard you rev it up a couple of times so we can really get a gist of what it sounds like with your foot on the throttle.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by drakutis
Okay, so I guess it's like the remote start I had in my Xterra where I would put the key in and turn it just to the AUX setting and step on the brake.

But my question is did they take your extra FOB and put it in the unit, like they did with my extra key to get the remote to work?

And if they did, since it uses a battery, what should happen if the battery runs out? Or did they use the key portion of the FOB only?

I really miss the remote start and I love that yours has the window feature!

I really appreciate all the responses I DO plan on getting my good DV Camera out and capturing some quality video. But as for your question drakutis...They did not have to use either of the key FOB in the system whatsoever. There is a module that works with the VIPER system that most keyless vehicles need in order to install remote start. So it works out awesome I did not lose any keys and I still have all the features. As for the windows, the 7th Gen has the handsfree Windows down option simply by just holding your unlock button down for a second or two and you can control your windows down.......but the key here is that Nissan did not give you the option of bringing your windows back up using the key FOB. You can bring them up by using the glove box key and turning it to the lock position and holding it but again not with the remote.....but with the alarm installed I gained that option.

I did have another Youtube video of the first install of the Stillen exhaust but it was just the rear section only and before I had time to adjust both exhaust tips. I have since readjusted both tips when I finished the install of the whole cat back system here is the other link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUBnEszUvbY

I got on the gas in this one!
Old 01-03-2009, 10:46 PM

I really appreciate all the responses I DO plan on getting my good DV Camera out and capturing some quality video. But as for your question drakutis...They did not have to use either of the key FOB in the system whatsoever. There is a module that works with the VIPER system that most keyless vehicles need in order to install remote start. So it works out awesome I did not lose any keys and I still have all the features. As for the windows, the 7th Gen has the handsfree Windows down option simply by just holding your unlock button down for a second or two and you can control your windows down.......but the key here is that Nissan did not give you the option of bringing your windows back up using the key FOB. You can bring them up by using the glove box key and turning it to the lock position and holding it but again not with the remote.....but with the alarm installed I gained that option.

I did have another Youtube video of the first install of the Stillen exhaust but it was just the rear section only and before I had time to adjust both exhaust tips. I have since readjusted both tips when I finished the install of the whole cat back system here is the other link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUBnEszUvbY

I got on the gas in this one!
Thanks for the info!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 11:12 PM

Nice car bro!!!!
Old 01-04-2009, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by alxdagreat1
Nice car bro!!!!

THANKS!!!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:44 PM

nice max, i dont think the grill looks that bad

ps-its scary how much we sound alike,i was even showing my girl and she was like wowww thats u
Old 01-07-2009, 05:27 PM

dat is too much work I'll like to keep it simple !!
Old 01-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Banned

time to lower it...
Old 01-08-2009, 02:58 AM

I don't plan on lowering it one bit. I like the ride of the SV Sport Suspension and I don't want to change that feeling.....I know it would probably look more aggressive and complete, but I just can't see going that route. I have one last mod to do and that is the Intake and then I am done........