7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

What do you think the Maxima should have for its mid-revamp?

Old 01-10-2009, 09:42 PM

What do you think the Maxima should have for its mid-revamp?

For the maximas mid revamp, it should have:
  • a face lift(of course)
  • put a liquid graphite finish on wheels for sport models
  • give it the VQ37HR (VQ35HR at least) with VVEL
  • all auto windows for sport models
  • rear HVAC controls on the sport models
  • a nissan rear seat entertainment system
  • 6spd manual option/w synchrorev
  • a lightweight dual panel moonroof
  • power-folding mirrors
  • two auto dimming mirrors instead of one
  • elite package

Last edited by dauntlessmax; 01-11-2009 at 06:40 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by dauntlessmax
For the maximas mid revamp, it should have:
  • a face lift(of course)
  • put a liquid graphite finish on wheels for sport models
  • give it the VQ37HR (VQ35HR at least) with VVEL
  • all auto windows
  • rear HVAC controls on the sport models
  • a nissan rear seat entertainment system
  • 6spd manual option/w synchrorev
  • a lightweight dual panel moonroof
  • power-folding mirrors
  • two auto dimming mirrors instead of one
  • elite package
Yes, the 2011 will definitely have a tweak or two on the front and rear.
I have no problem with liquid graphite on the wheels, but some folks may.
Engine boost not needed, but certainly fine.
My '09 has auto windows on all four doors.
There are already rear seat HVAC and radio/CD/Satellite controls in the rear seat of my '09.
Manual tranny does not belong on the '09 Maxima. Nissan will be lucky to sell 60K '09s. Even if available, less than 2K manual Maximas would be bought. Manual belongs on the Altima, which will sell over 200K.
Will be hard to reduce the weight of the dual roof; a lot of glass involved.
Yes, power folding mirrors would be a nice touch.
We never have enough dimming mirrors.
The rear folding console in the '09 Premium package comes close to the 'Elite', but has the advantage of folding away if the middle seat is needed. The '09 Premium package also has the power rear window screen like the 'Elite' had.

It will be interesting to see what Nissan does with the 2011 mid-gen revamp.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 01-10-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:40 PM

I have the sport model and I wish it was more sporty than the other trims for the maxima, only real difference is the 19's and spoiler and "sport tuned" suspension. Definately a lowered suspension on the sport model would be nice.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:12 PM

6spd manual
give sport model dual heated cooled seats, rear console/ac controls from premium,led interior lighting

nicer interior(softer,smoother plastics)

30th anniversary edition with 3.7L 315 hp engine
Old 01-11-2009, 10:30 PM

The Altima has become the sporty kid in the Nissan family and the Maxima a more refined people mover. We test drove the base SV and ended up buying a fully loaded dealer demo SV Sport. We ended up trading it in for the regular SV when we discovered that the rear seats didn't fold down with the Sport and Premimum packages. Drove me nuts, but we needed a car that could carry my kids sports equipment.

The loss of HID's, premium leather, color nav/radio screen and power steering column really bugged me (just when I thought I was done modding) The loss of metallic interior trim, paddle shifters, 19" wheels and spoiler were almost appreciated. I didn't notice a big difference in handling between the two cars. In Canada, we have only three choices the SV, Sport and Premium and I would have liked more freedom to pick an choose the options

So - I think the sport model should really should have a more aggressive stance, better handling and power, or preferably disappear completely. We have a '07 G35 sedan that isn't a sports car, but more than the Maxima ever will or should be. We bought the '09 because we needed a larger family car with some *****, but a more relaxed ride than the G35.

We also looked at the Acura TL, Mazda 6 and Avalon. The Mazda wasn't a match for the Maxima, but the new fugly TL, Avalon and Genesis (didn't test drive) are direct competitors to the Maxima and beat it in some areas. If Nissan wants to sell Maximas to people like me they need to make the ride even a bit smoother, reduce the vibrations from the engine/CVT and improve the interior materials even more. I would also like a factory remote start and improved security system, but other than that I wouldn't go much further with hi-tech or other luxury additions as the price increase would hurt sales. A diesel engine may be cool, but probably won't sell in the numbers that Nissan would like to see in N.America.

In nutshell - I bought the Max because it fit our needs and price range. I would buy a M35 or M45 if I wanted more luxury, a Genesis if I need more ***** a Murano or FX if I needed even more hauling capacity. Our G35 meets our sporty needs and only costs a couple of grand more than the Maxima. Looks and perceived reliability always help car sales as well

Last edited by maxed; 01-11-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:27 PM

i think little things like the controls for the rear view mirrors should be on the door panel in the vicinity of the window controls.. im 6'2 and it sucks having to lean forward to adjust my mirrors.

i also thing the controls for the heated/cooled sears should be in a better position.. i read somewhere they designed the interior to feel like a cockpit.. well once again its in a annoying location

also i would but a fourth handle on the cab roof.. as of right now there are only 3.. i like to hold on the handle when im just sitting in my car.. dont know why they only put 3.

oh yeah i forgot... they should mak tthe passanger seat able to rise and lower like the driver seat.. it kinda sucks that the passanger side has been neglected when it comes to these little features..

but then again .. im the driver so hey