7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Spoiler Add-on

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 05:52 AM

Spoiler Add-on

anyone purchased the car w/o spoiler and add the spoiler on after?
how much did you pay to add the spoiler?
would you recommend to bring to the dealer to add it after the car purchase? or better of w/o spoiler in case of leak and rust in the future?

I want to add the spoiler on but hesitate because afraid of rust and leak as time pass.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by airwolf09
anyone purchased the car w/o spoiler and add the spoiler on after?
how much did you pay to add the spoiler?
would you recommend to bring to the dealer to add it after the car purchase? or better of w/o spoiler in case of leak and rust in the future?

I want to add the spoiler on but hesitate because afraid of rust and leak as time pass.
I added spoilers to both of my Prem/Techs. My wife paid 200 for hers installed and I was able to get mine thrown in. I would definitely have the dealer do it so its covered under warranty.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:40 AM

I'm not that fond of the Spoiler that comes with the Maxima, it isn't ugly at all but IMO it should've been more integrated into the trunk instead of looking as though it was tacked on as an afterthought.

So I elected not to get the Spoiler because I'm waiting for the aftermarket to provide numerous other applications that will look more integrated and provide a StopLamp in the center.

To answer your question though, I think if you're going with a Nissan item that it is always best that you get them to do all the work so it is covered under warranty as previously mentioned.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by bk2k3max
I'm not that fond of the Spoiler that comes with the Maxima, it isn't ugly at all but IMO it should've been more integrated into the trunk instead of looking as though it was tacked on as an afterthought.

So I elected not to get the Spoiler because I'm waiting for the aftermarket to provide numerous other applications that will look more integrated and provide a StopLamp in the center.
Can't speak for the US models, but the Canadian SV+Sport package spoilers all have a center brake light in the spoiler. We've owned both '09 models and all our Maximas and G35's to date have come with spoilers, but the base SV didn't and I love it. I can now wash the car and not have to fight the water that eventually drips down from being trapped under the spoiler. We added a color matched shark fin Sat/GPS antenna on the back roof, shaved the emblems and the car is now mistaken for a high-end German product instead of our G35S. Didn't intend for that to happen, but it's weird the number of comments that we have received.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by maxed
Can't speak for the US models, but the Canadian SV+Sport package spoilers all have a center brake light in the spoiler. We've owned both '09 models and all our Maximas and G35's to date have come with spoilers, but the base SV didn't and I love it. I can now wash the car and not have to fight the water that eventually drips down from being trapped under the spoiler. We added a color matched shark fin Sat/GPS antenna on the back roof, shaved the emblems and the car is now mistaken for a high-end German product instead of our G35S. Didn't intend for that to happen, but it's weird the number of comments that we have received.
Yeah, I'm with you regarding not having to worry about the issues with the Spoilers, for me this car look as good without it as it does with it.

As far as being mistaken for some type of European car I already get much of that with the badging and without a Spoiler, besides I luv to hear when people say "Wow, is that the new Maxima"??

It just freaks me out how much most people do not know the difference between a Maxima and an Altima and now most people mistake the Maxima for either a BMW or a Lexus<<I get those kinda comments all the time.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:43 AM

Bought mine off ebay for 125 shipped. It wasnt too difficult to install either
Old 01-28-2009, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by fynack
Bought mine off ebay for 125 shipped. It wasnt too difficult to install either
Congrats fynack, I went looking for a Spoiler there too but I didn't want the factory ones that I've seen that do not have the CHMTL, lucky for me I found one with the CHMTL and I bought it for the same price as yours with Free Shipping.

I'll add it on later in February.