7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Front driver seat fix from Nissan!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by tse54re
Looks like this thread is dead ? Any one actually get this problem resolved ? My dealer put in a new seat - worked great for 2 weeks and then rocking came back
TBA (about eight posts back?) had a successful fix. There must be another thread mentioning the rocking seats, because I recall a few others who finally (took two tries with several folks) got the problem fixed right. But the rocking driver's seat, creaking double-panel roof and suspension noises are probably the three most frequently mentioned problems with the 7th gen.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:27 PM

I have all three of those issues, and two different dealers have been unable to deal with them. I hate the car.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by swatcop
Went to dealer today to change oil and spoke about the front seat movement issue. They have heard about it and I presented them with a part number that was posted on this site for possible solution. Well they told me that the part number was a complete seat frame for $1500.00 and that if I wanted they would replace it but do not see why I would just put back on what will be taking off. Anyway, they call Nissan tech. and they advised them that they are very much aware of the issue and that there will be a kit coming out to fix it as soon as the kit is "confirmed" (I believe that's the word he used). My service dealer (also friend) said that relates to around a month or so before it is posted. He told me by the time I go for my next oil change, they should be able to address the moving seat issue. Just thought I would pass along the info!!!!! Take it for what its worth.
Thanks for the info.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by 2K10MAX
Thanks for the info.

Of course swatcop's post was made almost eight months ago (Jul 1, 2009), so we should hopefully be hearing about the kit that fixes the driver seat movement fairly soon.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:01 AM

Are there any 2010 owners out there with the rocking seat issue?
Old 02-20-2010, 05:09 AM

Yes i have the problem. I will keep everybody updated.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:50 AM
FHP

I too have the rocking seat issue in a 2010. I have gone to my dealer three times and have been told that the rocking I feel is within the normal range...BS. My dealer said that they are aware of the issue in the 2009's, but their is no issue with the 2010's. If someone gets a 2010 fixed, please let me know how you got it fixed.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:13 AM

I will be going to the dealer Monday.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:42 AM
FHP

Great. Thanks!
Old 02-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

my 2010 is like a rocking chair. talked to dealer a week ago and they are waiting for parts from nissan. they feed you bs all the time.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:46 PM

2k10max...how was the trip to service on monday ?
Old 02-24-2010, 07:20 PM

Sorry for the delay. Went to the dealer on Monday. They ordered a new seat frame. Should take a week to come in. The seat frame cost $1186.00, thats crazy. Good thing its under warranty. Service advisor said it will fix my problem. I will let you know when its done.

Last edited by 2K10MAX; 02-25-2010 at 02:08 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by 2K10MAX
Sorry for the delay. Went to the dealer on Monday. They ordered a new seat frame. Should take a week to come in. The seat frame cost $1186.00, thats crazy. Good thing its under warranty. Service advisor said it will fix my problem. I will let you know when its done.
My frame fix lasted 5 months and now I am rocking again!
Old 02-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Banned

Same here...

I have over 36K on my Maxima now and I feel good that I purchased the Nissan Extended Warranty! I think it will pay for itself right away!
Old 02-25-2010, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by nemesis04
My frame fix lasted 5 months and now I am rocking again!
Not good. Only 5 months. We will see how long my frame will last.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:09 AM

Mine is like a recliner. Screw Nissan. They should be investigated just like Toyota. This is a dangerous situation to be in.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:24 AM
FHP

I have an appt at 9:30 tomorrow morning...Lets see what BS they tried to give me this time. Also getting my first service done.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:59 AM

I've had the same problem with my 09 max. took it to the dealer a few weeks after buying and they said there wasnt a problem and that it was normal. Sort of got used to it after all these months so don't notice it all that much but am reminded that its there every now and then.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:39 PM

So today I notice that there is alittle movement in the seat that I have never noticed before. If I go to stop or accelerate the seat moves forward very very slightly or backwards. Is this the issue that you all are talking about with the seat fix?
Old 03-03-2010, 09:28 AM

Yes
Old 03-03-2010, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by MaxMus
Yes
Great looks like I'll be going to the dealership for this issue now, lol. My car in particular has been problematic for me.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:41 AM

There have been a few areas where 'new generation' problems have cropped up in the 7th gen Maxima, but the one that bothers me the most is this rocking seat thing. My seat has been thankfully perfect, but at this point (over 20 months after initial public sales began), I am most dismayed that Nissan has seemingly not come up with a solution to this problem that always works.

There HAS to be a reason these seats are rocking, and there HAS to be a fix that works. Nissan, the ball has been in your court for over a year on this problem. How about a good return?
Old 03-07-2010, 08:05 PM

Hi everyone, listen I was hoping someone could help me? I posted this in its own separate forum on there but the more I read about the driver seat problems the more I think I'm having the same issues, just with the front passenger seat; I was hoping you could read my situation below and let me know if you think I'm experiencing what people are in the driver seat or if it is something different and what I should do because I already had Nissan work on it!! thanks in advance for your help and suggestions!!!

I have a 10 Maxima SV which is about 6 months old right now! When I first got the car, I noticed that the back part (the whole upright section of the seat where your back rests against and the head rest) of the passenger front seat vibrated and shaked violently at times while driving and nobody was sitting in it! Usually it gets really bad on secondary road, especially ones with any kind of bumps, rough patches etc but is still has a constant mild vibration/shake while cruising on the highway/interstate! if someone is sitting in the passenger seat there is no vibration/shaking whatsoever but once no one is sitting in it, it gets ridiculous!

last October, right after I got it, I brought it into the dealership and service advisor told me their was a TSB for the passenger seat just like for the driver seat in both the 09 and 10 Max and that they had to order new parts and detach the seat and reattach it with the new parts to tighten and fix it so that it didn't shake anymore!

had the work done last October and it seemed to help a little bit, though I still noticed the shaking and vibrating still to a mild extent even after getting it back; now, after a few months, the seat is really beginning to shake and vibrate severely again, to the point that today when I was out for a Sunday drive, when ever I went over moderate to severe bumps on 2ndary road the seat has started to make a rattle/noise when it shakes!

I don't know what to do? I'm at a lost because its been in already and its beginning to be quite annoying and distraction because the seat aligns right up with my peripheral vision when I'm looking forward and trying to drive and this seat shaking is becoming a distraction when I drive! What do you all suggest that I do? any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! I've never ever had this with a car before, and I have a FX35 which has a tremendously rougher/harsher ride then the Maxima and those seats don't vibrate at all! I don't know what my local Nissan dealership is going to do since they already performed the TSB on the seat so I was hoping someone could suggest something so that I don't go in their within the next two weeks looking like a complete idiot! look forward to hearing your suggestions!!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:58 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know that while at the dealership for a different issue today I had them check into the rocking driver seat issue and sure enough they are going to special order a new seat rail frame for my vehicle so if your having just a slight rock in your seat take your car to your local Nissan dealership.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:56 AM

Is this an official fix from Nissan ? They replaced my seat but it still rocks.. Please tell us more...
Old 04-18-2010, 05:40 PM

Has anyone had any luck with a dealer in metro NYC who has been able to fix the rocking seat issue? I have made several attempts, at different dealers to no avail. Bay Ridge Nissan claims to have replaced the seat frame, but the only difference is that now most of the plastic around the base of the seat is scratched. Seat still rocks. Koeppel Nissan told me it was normal. Teddy Nissan in the Bronx struggled to change my oil, so I did not even have them attempt it. At this point, I would be willing to drive a few hours if there was a chance of getting this issue fixed, I am really at a loss.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:30 PM

Got mine fixed a few weeks ago. Like day and night, doesnt rock at all anymore.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by KillaKam
Great looks like I'll be going to the dealership for this issue now, lol. My car in particular has been problematic for me.
Make sure you take off that new intake They will blame it on the new acceleration putting too much pressure on you and the seat.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:44 PM

Annino, what dealer fixed yours? It would be worth the drive for me to get the dang thing fixed.

Last edited by Lanzz; 04-19-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:29 PM

Took my 09' to the dealer last week because XM is not working. Anyway, I had them check the rocking driver's seat and vibrating passenger seat. Didn't even have to fight about anything. Kits for both seats as well as a whole new radio console are on order for my Prem Tech. Will let you all know how it turns out by the end of the week.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:16 PM

i went to the dealer for the same issue and they replaced the seat frame its been about 6 months now and it feels like its on the way back i hope that fix comes quick
Old 04-20-2010, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Lanzz
Annino, what dealer fixed yours? It would be worth the drive for me to get the dang thing fixed.
I went to Nissan of Norwich... probably a bit far for you but the Service Manager knew about the issue, they had just fixed one the day before. The seat is solid as a rock now, hopefully it won't loosen up in time like others are saying.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:11 PM

Let's put it this way, Annino, I have already emailed Nissan of Norwich for an appointment. I'd drive to Chicago to get this fixed, it annoys me beyond words - a brand new $35k+ car should not have this issue. And, there is not a dealer in NYC that I would trust to shine my shoes, so I am glad to hear that you had a good experience up there. (I figure the afternoon at Mohegan Sun is going to be expensive while I wait for the car to get fixed, LOL.)
Old 04-20-2010, 06:52 PM

Has anyone tried to get any of the problems fixed at Executive Nissan in North Haven CT? What was the outcome? I have about every problem mentioned in this forum. Rocking chair,Massage chair,wheel vibration,suspension squeak left side,weak heated seats,mystery screw in acc cubby. Thanks
Old 04-20-2010, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by IH8SPM
Has anyone tried to get any of the problems fixed at Executive Nissan in North Haven CT? What was the outcome? I have about every problem mentioned in this forum. Rocking chair,Massage chair,wheel vibration,suspension squeak left side,weak heated seats,mystery screw in acc cubby. Thanks
I am not sure about North Haven but my dealership in Bristol actually replaced the seat rail (drivers side) and I have not hand any more problems. The only issue that I have had is that when the were removing/installing the seat rail the actually dug into my rocker panel/side skirt paint work and into the plastic but they are going to repaint it and fix it (their cost).

As for the heated seats I took it to them a while back for that (being weak) and they told me that it was operating normal.. I guess the reason they run at such a low temperature is because of the air bag sensors or w.e. sensors are built into the seat. The heaters are actually right under the sensors apparently. IMO that is a stupid place to put them because the heated seats do not heat up hot enough at all.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Lanzz
Let's put it this way, Annino, I have already emailed Nissan of Norwich for an appointment. I'd drive to Chicago to get this fixed, it annoys me beyond words - a brand new $35k+ car should not have this issue. And, there is not a dealer in NYC that I would trust to shine my shoes, so I am glad to hear that you had a good experience up there. (I figure the afternoon at Mohegan Sun is going to be expensive while I wait for the car to get fixed, LOL.)
Haha, I'll send you a PM with who to talk to. My service advisor makes sure sh*t gets done right.

Hey, That's a pretty good excuse to hit up Mohegan... it's practically accross the street!
Old 04-21-2010, 05:50 AM

I understood the 'seat rocking issue' on 2009 max's to be a physical moving (measurable) of the ENTIRE seat back and forth when breaking or accelerating. I've noticed on my 2010 max (2 months old) that I can lean back hard on the upright of the seat and it flexex backwards but returns to the original position. The seat pan stays put though.

Are those of you with 2010's experiencing the same 'flexure' as opposed to a physical moving of the seat or are you experiencing similar symptoms as the 2009 owners?
Old 04-21-2010, 06:29 PM

2010 model and I was amazed to see the seat shaking while on was on the highway going about 40-50.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by umdpru
I understood the 'seat rocking issue' on 2009 max's to be a physical moving (measurable) of the ENTIRE seat back and forth when breaking or accelerating. I've noticed on my 2010 max (2 months old) that I can lean back hard on the upright of the seat and it flexex backwards but returns to the original position. The seat pan stays put though.

Are those of you with 2010's experiencing the same 'flexure' as opposed to a physical moving of the seat or are you experiencing similar symptoms as the 2009 owners?
Well I'm not having this rocking of the driver seat that 09 owners are having where it physically slides forward and back. My problem on my 10 is the passenger front seat is vibrating/shaking when no one sits in it. It gets so bad sometimes, that the fastener where you put your seat belt into vibrates and smacks up against the center console/armrest area making a rattling noise. I thought it was the seat itself making the noise but I found out today its the seat belt fastener smacking up against the console. Thats how much the passenger seat vibrates/shakes sometimes. For all I know, the driver seat could be doing the same thing but I would never know since someone is always sitting in it when the car is in motion!

I'm waiting though because I'm noticing vibrations throughout the car when I go faster than 50mph which I think is tire related so I'm going to have the tires rebalanced at the 7500 mile rotation and see if that helps the seat vibration, if not, another trip back to Nissan. Absolutely ridiculous that a 38k dollar vehicle has a shaking seat.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by smarty666
Absolutely ridiculous that a 38k dollar vehicle has a shaking seat.
Never buy a more expensive car, the higher the price the more problems but it's all in the eye of the beholder

Quick Reply: Front driver seat fix from Nissan!!