7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

what do you do when you see another 7gen on the road with you?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 08:57 AM

what do you do when you see another 7gen on the road with you?

i always seem to pull up next to one on one pulls up perpendicular to me.

i get kinda envious when i see another maxima on the road. especially since i know their car is newer than mine. But i like the fact that i can say that i was one of the few people who got theirs damn near the day they were on sale. .
Old 08-21-2009, 09:13 AM

I flash one of them on the way to work going the other direction. She didnt flash me back. Rude!
Old 08-21-2009, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by liypfhe1
i always seem to pull up next to one on one pulls up perpendicular to me.

i get kinda envious when i see another maxima on the road. especially since i know their car is newer than mine. But i like the fact that i can say that i was one of the few people who got theirs damn near the day they were on sale. .
The '09 Maxima is only a car, albeit a very nice car. There is no reason to be envious of another Maxima. Over time, there will be many Maximas that are younger than yours. Envy can eat you alive if you respond to this natural development.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:31 AM

When I see one in the distance I think "oh damn, what the heck is that naaasty thing?" then as it gets closer I realize what it is and pat myself on the back.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:35 AM

the best is when your driving on the hwy. and another one comes up from behind you and just starts driving with you, teamwork
Old 08-21-2009, 10:18 AM

When I see one coming towards me I begin to wave ecstatically only to be to be wave-shunned. How embarassing! Damn calgary drivers!
Old 08-21-2009, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mreim769
When I see one coming towards me I begin to wave ecstatically only to be to be wave-shunned. How embarassing! Damn calgary drivers!
I usually watch them nod to me very slowly while they think... "Damn, I've got to get some rims on MY Maxima."

They completely make the car. Stock wheels look like training wheels on these cars.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:22 PM

When I see one, unless it is too far away or raining heavily, I instantly hit the 'auto-down' on the driver's window, ram my whole arm out the window, point down to the lower portion of their car, so they understand I am 'digging' the car (rather than them personally), then aim a 'thumbs up' right at them. The big smile on my face lets them know that is a thumb, and not a bird sitting at the end of my arm.

So far, if the other driver sees me (and they usually do), the invariable reaction is a big smile and a 'thumbs up' in return. But that is to be expected in the deep South. Things are sometimes a little more reserved in other areas of the country.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
When I see one, unless it is too far away or raining heavily, I instantly hit the 'auto-down' on the driver's window, ram my whole arm out the window, point down to the lower portion of their car, so they understand I am 'digging' the car (rather than them personally), then aim a 'thumbs up' right at them. The big smile on my face lets them know that is a thumb, and not a bird sitting at the end of my arm.

So far, if the other driver sees me (and they usually do), the invariable reaction is a big smile and a 'thumbs up' in return. But that is to be expected in the deep South. Things are sometimes a little more reserved in other areas of the country.
lol, i think if i did this in nyc, ppl would either think im crazy or trying to pick a fight
Old 08-21-2009, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by 1sik4dsc
lol, i think if i did this in nyc, ppl would either think im crazy or trying to pick a fight

Not surprising. I lived in the Bronx during summers in the early 1950s, and got into trouble several times because of my easy-going open 'southern' approach to complete strangers. I learned that, in NYC, folks only spoke to strangers when it was necessary.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:59 PM

Not surprising. I lived in the Bronx during summers in the early 1950s, and got into trouble several times because of my easy-going open 'southern' approach to complete strangers. I learned that, in NYC, folks only spoke to strangers when it was necessary.
lol......, alittle off topic but have you been to NY since the 1950s?
Old 08-21-2009, 03:11 PM

i kinda feel this instant bond with them and try to get their attention to give them a nod. i guess it's kinda like the harley riders that give that little "down low" wave
Old 08-21-2009, 06:02 PM

I was thinking of flashing the high beams as a sign of fraternity (used to do that when I was tooling around in the '63MGB), then I realized that this invites trouble these days!
Old 08-21-2009, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by jc53
I was thinking of flashing the high beams as a sign of fraternity (used to do that when I was tooling around in the '63MGB), then I realized that this invites trouble these days!

Yes! If you wish to give a friendly flash of the high beams, be sure and switch out the HIDs for normal bulbs first. With the way medical costs are going up, you don't want to be stuck paying the other driver's opthalmologist bills these days. By flashing with regular bulbs, all you have to worry about is the nut in the other car dying to try out his new AK47.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by 1sik4dsc
lol......, alittle off topic but have you been to NY since the 1950s?

Went to several stage plays in downtown Manhattan in 1958 (while living in Freehold - just east of Princeton), but that was my last time in the Big Apple. Although living in far-flung places such as Korea (13 months), Santa Monica CA (twice), Sierra Vista, Tombstone and Bisbee AZ, Montgomery AL, etc, the closest I have lived to NYC in the last fifty years is Atlanta.

But my youngest sister and brother-in-law both lived and worked in NYC for over thirty years before retiring to the top of Eagle Mountain, overlooking the Yellowstone River somewhere in the middle of nowhere (aka Montana). My sister worked very near the WTC, and her six hour walk home barefoot, filthy and bleeding on 9/11 convinced her it was time to leave the Big Apple.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:31 PM

Yes! If you wish to give a friendly flash of the high beams, be sure and switch out the HIDs for normal bulbs first. With the way medical costs are going up, you don't want to be stuck paying the other driver's opthalmologist bills these days. By flashing with regular bulbs, all you have to worry about is the nut in the other car dying to try out his new AK47.
The AK works just fine! I would never shoot at a fellow Maxima! That is a crime! I always try to give people a thumbs up and add one more mod to my list of Maxima mods! My dad was backing up on the street and I was backing out of the driveway a few weeks ago and he hit the Mamba (My Maxima) A little quarter panel bender, Imma get it fixed this week by a friends body shop and he's also gonna do the back bumper and front bumper, they both have little love marks. So when I see a Maxima right now like mine, I just envy their perfection! But not in a few days after hitting the shop!
Old 08-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Back in the Max

actually the high beams in our cars are regular bulbs, I dont think the highs are the hids like the 6th gens.