7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

black vinyl work...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 05:52 PM

black vinyl work...

wait till I put up some pics tomorrow boys ... and give me about a month or so until I can get the tail lights done now that I'm back home ... gonna be something that no one has done to their 7th gen

Last edited by Antny74; 05-23-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:04 PM

what a tease
Old 05-23-2010, 07:56 PM

Yeah, what a tease! I might follow suit. For I have been thinking about doing a vinyl work on my car. Something that I would take off as soon as it shows any signs of imperfection from when it was put on.

Hey, how long do we have to wait for pics? I hate waiting... So, give us a tease pic.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:45 PM

you want a tease pic??
Old 05-23-2010, 08:49 PM

Yeah lets have it
Old 05-23-2010, 09:27 PM

?
Old 05-23-2010, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by HOKUSMAX
Yeah lets have it
just a little slip, you guys can wait for the rest tomorrow

Old 05-24-2010, 10:37 AM

Old 05-24-2010, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by 1sik4dsc
haha I'm uploading the pics right now ... give me a few minutes
Old 05-24-2010, 04:58 PM

Alright guys here are the pics, chrome trim wrapped with matte black vinyl, seamless work no bubbles or cuts in the chrome and lower air inlet wrapped as well ... the rear bumper should be finished tomorrow and I will take pics of that once it's done too (taking a little longer than expected but worth the wait) gonna be something really different! feel free to let me know if you have any questions about the work

Old 05-24-2010, 04:59 PM

Old 05-24-2010, 05:03 PM

I'm loving the trim around the windows. Really clean job did you do it yourself?
Old 05-24-2010, 05:14 PM

I really like the grill and lower facia and the roof. Did you did the XM antenna as well? I hope you are going in the direction I'm thinking in my head with the rear bumper. Hey I wonder how long it will be before you get bashed for using vinyl and not real non removable paint? Congrats on being the first. Really nice work.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by whtdvl
I'm loving the trim around the windows. Really clean job did you do it yourself?
yeah I did it myself. There is definitely a learning curve but saved me $200 and I guarantee it looks the same if not better than any professional installment. I made sure not to slice any of the paint of chrome and tucked every edge behind the weather stripping so it looks just like it was painted. I'm very happy with the way it turned out
Old 05-24-2010, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by IH8SPM
I really like the grill and lower facia and the roof. Did you did the XM antenna as well? I hope you are going in the direction I'm thinking in my head with the rear bumper. Hey I wonder how long it will be before you get bashed for using vinyl and not real non removable paint? Congrats on being the first. Really nice work.
Thank you, its a much more aggressive look, which is what I was going for. But the xm antenna was not wrapped although it looks incredible even with the contrast

And I hope someone tries to bash me for the use of vinyl because I guarantee my vinyl looks a lot better than their paint haha but its such a versatile material and has endless uses. And the bumper is going to be very special, gotta check for pics tomorrow!
Old 05-24-2010, 08:19 PM

Nice man, looks really really good
Old 05-24-2010, 08:35 PM

It looks really good. I like it all, even the number 21. I like this mod because if you get bored, you can easily remove it. Say after a year or two, if bored, take it off. Then if you want to do something else, do a whole new design. Its like buying a new car every so often. Nice.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:12 AM

ditto on the look and the job, love it.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Antny74
Thank you, its a much more aggressive look, which is what I was going for. But the xm antenna was not wrapped although it looks incredible even with the contrast

And I hope someone tries to bash me for the use of vinyl because I guarantee my vinyl looks a lot better than their paint haha but its such a versatile material and has endless uses. And the bumper is going to be very special, gotta check for pics tomorrow!
LOL i know what u mean by someone trying to bash you for using vinyl. the black Matt vinyl lots sharp. now that i see how it looks on yours, i guess i will change mine from carbon fiber to black matt vinyl to complete my super black max. but credit goes to you for being the first..
Old 05-25-2010, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Kmoney
LOL i know what u mean by someone trying to bash you for using vinyl. the black Matt vinyl lots sharp. now that i see how it looks on yours, i guess i will change mine from carbon fiber to black matt vinyl to complete my super black max. but credit goes to you for being the first..
I'm blind to the haters but in the end its what you think looks good and what you like that matters ... let me know how the matte black vinyl goes, the carbon fiber is cool, but its a lot harder to work with from what I've heard, PM me for any questions on the install and goodluck
Old 05-25-2010, 10:21 AM

we need some shots from further away!
Old 05-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Love my '09

I'm curious. Sun + vinyl/plastic usually equals some serious baking. Add in that it's black and it's going to get HOT....

Long term, what is this going to do to the paint, to the vinyl, etc?
Old 05-25-2010, 01:26 PM

I think it looks great. I love the look of the front with the black. Very sharp! But I agree with Smurf. What is going to happen when it sits in the sun?
Old 05-25-2010, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Compusmurf
I'm curious. Sun + vinyl/plastic usually equals some serious baking. Add in that it's black and it's going to get HOT....

Long term, what is this going to do to the paint, to the vinyl, etc?
It's going to protect my paint and after a couple of years will most likely need to be replaced but that's when I either sell the car or change the look
Old 05-25-2010, 05:51 PM

Rear Bumper DONE!!!!

Definitely more aggressive! which is what I was going for ... I've been getting so many questions and compliments let me know what you think of the bumper

Old 05-25-2010, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by marjen
we need some shots from further away!
I snapped one for you, I've only had my blackberry on me to take pics, what I need is to do a photoshoot but I will try to get some more pics from a distance
Old 05-25-2010, 06:15 PM

bumper look sick. +1
Old 05-25-2010, 06:22 PM

I don't care what negative comments you get from anyone, personally I'm feeling it and the whole set up is off da chain.

Keep it up and don't worry about the Haters, your car is unique.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:29 PM

Definitely more aggressive! which is what I was going for ... I've been getting so many questions and compliments let me know what you think of the bumper

Said it once say it again love the front of the cars look. The work is beyond pro and not being a pro makes it all look even better. I was thinking what you had in store for the rear bumper and I envisioned you following the lower lines of the bumper and going in and around the exhaust. The best part is like many have said its removable, get bored,get next. AWESOME JOB!
Old 05-25-2010, 06:35 PM

i needa do my 6th gen
Old 05-25-2010, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by IH8SPM
Said it once say it again love the front of the cars look. The work is beyond pro and not being a pro makes it all look even better. I was thinking what you had in store for the rear bumper and I envisioned you following the lower lines of the bumper and going in and around the exhaust. The best part is like many have said its removable, get bored,get next. AWESOME JOB!
thank you, I don't know too many 18 year olds who could pull it off haha but I enjoy doing creative stuff like this and when the end result is appreciated by others it makes it that much more sweet!
Old 05-25-2010, 08:12 PM

Dude everything looks unbelivable. My favorite is the front lower grill piece I must say. However I know you can care less what others think but the rear difuser just doesn't fit well considering you didn't follow the lines above and around the exhaust but i tried a few month ago to vinyl the back bumper and follow the line which was impossible. So I def give you credit for trying.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by whtdvl
Dude everything looks unbelivable. My favorite is the front lower grill piece I must say. However I know you can care less what others think but the rear difuser just doesn't fit well considering you didn't follow the lines above and around the exhaust but i tried a few month ago to vinyl the back bumper and follow the line which was impossible. So I def give you credit for trying.
haha its tough but I did not go for those exact lines instead if you look closely I tried to make it have a similar style to the black tail light film as well as run parallel with the other bumper lines but thanks for the good words
Old 05-25-2010, 09:14 PM

That looks really good man, I was looking at it and couldn't relize what u were missing. You should drop it and put on the Nissan spoiler, that would top it off!! Now that you got the exterior down, it's time to make that baby sound as good as it looks. Hopefully Borla will put out that damn system.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:51 PM

Looks super hot!!!!!
Old 05-26-2010, 10:19 AM

I really like it, did you do the whole grill or just the chrome bars?
Old 05-26-2010, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by marjen
I really like it, did you do the whole grill or just the chrome bars?
the whole grille was primed and sprayed
Old 05-26-2010, 03:38 PM

I'm thinking maybe do the chrome piece over the license plate and door handles also? Perhaps the shaved look (take nissan logo off trunk) would be even sweeter. But nice work man looks very good. Well done.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:15 PM

wut up man. so ive been deciding on blacking out the chrome trim around the windows but since you were able to black it out using black vinyl, im now thinking of blacking using the method you use. before i attempt this i would like to know how difficult this was. did you have to remove the chrome pieces? where did you get the black vinyl? how much did it cost and what size did you buy? you you know if they offer a shinny material? i like the matte look but since the black part of the window frame is already shinny black i would like to keep it that way all around. by the way keep us updated on the work you wanna do on your max's door handels. thanks bro.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by nio619
wut up man. so ive been deciding on blacking out the chrome trim around the windows but since you were able to black it out using black vinyl, im now thinking of blacking using the method you use. before i attempt this i would like to know how difficult this was. did you have to remove the chrome pieces? where did you get the black vinyl? how much did it cost and what size did you buy? you you know if they offer a shinny material? i like the matte look but since the black part of the window frame is already shinny black i would like to keep it that way all around. by the way keep us updated on the work you wanna do on your max's door handels. thanks bro.
I would say don't do it if you think that its going to be an easy process because it's very time consuming and very difficult to make the vinyl sit perfect to give the effect that it is painted, but it never hurts to try. I left all the chrome pieces on the car and carefully cut around them and tucked the remainder behind the weather stripping and I purchased the vinyl from my local custom shop its a 3m matte black vinyl and I purchased a roll 58x58 for $20...the shiny material would most likely have to be purchased online and I will post some pics of the chrome piece that I wrapped earlier today it looks sick! best of luck

Quick Reply: black vinyl work...