7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Springs / Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 09:07 AM

Springs / Spacers

Guys...need your taughts, the wife approve my spending..lol so i'm gonna drop the car...what kind of Springs u recommend and spacers to get.. Also keep in mind that it's always 4 of us when we leaving the house ..2 kids also..we r all skinny..so not that much weight.
Currently rolling with OEM 19" ...but the roads suck in Queens NY...lots of bumps and pot holes.
Also recommended websites to purchase.

Thx

Last edited by gtmassive75; 06-08-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:03 AM

lol @ were all skinny......I would go with eibachs for springs...I live in brooklyn roads here are garbage so be prepared for some real hard hits...good luck
Old 06-08-2010, 02:38 PM

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by gtmassive75
Guys...need your taughts, the wife approve my spending..lol so i'm gonna drop the car...what kind of Springs u recommend and spacers to get.. Also keep in mind that it's always 4 of us when we leaving the house ..2 kids also..we r all skinny..so not that much weight.
Currently rolling with OEM 19" ...but the roads suck in Queens NY...lots of bumps and pot holes.
Also recommended websites to purchase.

Thx
too easy of a questions.. for queens ny.. go with eibach prokit... as far as spacers are concerned.. go with 10 0r 15mm up front no less than 10mm and no less that 15mm spacers at the rear!!!

ichiba spacers... check ebay.... i had them on for about a yr now.... and no issues... they r awesome!!!

p.s. for fornt and rear going to cost around $200
Old 06-08-2010, 04:22 PM

im new to this spacer thing can someone explain to me what will they do.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by 2009maxima sv-sport
im new to this spacer thing can someone explain to me what will they do.
they basically extend the wheels further out from the hub,
Old 06-09-2010, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by D-STREET-ALTIMA
they basically extend the wheels further out from the hub,
And with that extension moving the wheels further from the hub what do you get?

Is it a cosmetic thing? Or do you need it help with clearance issues once you drop the maxima? When ordering the Eibach kit does it come with the spacers too, or is that an extra purchase?

Last question: My 2010 max is the SV-SPORT. Does being a "Sport" make a bigger difference when installing the Eibach kit? Thanks ahead of time for the responses...I'll be anxiously awaiting answers.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:45 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by oakley125
And with that extension moving the wheels further from the hub what do you get?

Is it a cosmetic thing? Or do you need it help with clearance issues once you drop the maxima? When ordering the Eibach kit does it come with the spacers too, or is that an extra purchase?

Last question: My 2010 max is the SV-SPORT. Does being a "Sport" make a bigger difference when installing the Eibach kit? Thanks ahead of time for the responses...I'll be anxiously awaiting answers.

when ordering the eibach springs.. it does not come with wheel spacers that is a separate purchase....

spacers are normally used just for cosmetic reasons but are also used for wheel fitments issues... but if you are lowering on stock wheels and you apply the spacers you should not run into any issues.. ive also have the sport and im lowered n eibach and have wheel spacers all around... and im a daily driver... i luvem

i think with the sport suspension i think it helps... how much i dont know... .. you might not even notice a big difference as far as ride quality... with the addition of far less body roll and making sharper turns at high speeds.. but for me its a comfy ride ....

do it.. you wont regret it!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by D-STREET-ALTIMA
when ordering the eibach springs.. it does not come with wheel spacers that is a separate purchase....

spacers are normally used just for cosmetic reasons but are also used for wheel fitments issues... but if you are lowering on stock wheels and you apply the spacers you should not run into any issues.. ive also have the sport and im lowered n eibach and have wheel spacers all around... and im a daily driver... i luvem

i think with the sport suspension i think it helps... how much i dont know... .. you might not even notice a big difference as far as ride quality... with the addition of far less body roll and making sharper turns at high speeds.. but for me its a comfy ride ....

do it.. you wont regret it!!!
Good stuff "D-Street". Thanks for clearing all that up. What size spacers did you buy? 10mm? 15mm? you don't have any before/after pics do you? I'm gonna get the Eibach kit and I'll definitely take some shots.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:33 AM

I have the Sport as well and went with the Eibach Pro Kit. Best thing I have done to the car. The stance is so much better looking and handles better with the the same ride quality as stock. IMO you can't go wrong.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Not to jack your thread but what about, D2 Racing RS Coilovers Damper Kit. Does anyone have experience with these?
Old 06-09-2010, 02:03 PM

Good stuff "D-Street". Thanks for clearing all that up. What size spacers did you buy? 10mm? 15mm? you don't have any before/after pics do you? I'm gonna get the Eibach kit and I'll definitely take some shots.
before

After:

Not the best shots... but i hope you get the picture.. lol

10mm at the front
15mm at the rear... kinda wish i went 15 all around!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 07:40 PM

thx for all the replies....i was reading another thread...with this guy fr FL...he install spacers and the wheel almost fly out...D-Street-Altima...i'm sure u know who i'm talking about..i saw u respond to the guy.
After reading it got me worried about the spacers...whats ur taught again...do i need to get longer BOLTS..if so..any special size.
Let me know guys where's the cheapest place to buy the springs and spacers. Also any shop u recommend...don't have mechanic skills....but i can help out if u all have IT issues...lol
Old 06-09-2010, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by gtmassive75
thx for all the replies....i was reading another thread...with this guy fr FL...he install spacers and the wheel almost fly out...D-Street-Altima...i'm sure u know who i'm talking about..i saw u respond to the guy.
After reading it got me worried about the spacers...whats ur taught again...do i need to get longer BOLTS..if so..any special size.
Let me know guys where's the cheapest place to buy the springs and spacers. Also any shop u recommend...don't have mechanic skills....but i can help out if u all have IT issues...lol
this is what i suggest that you get so you dont have to change your orginal studs.... its plug and play.... pop them on top of your original studs and then mount the wheel onto the the new spacers!!!! its 1,2,3!!

http://www.ichibausa.com/15albowhsp1.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=360270334793

you would need to get two sets!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:02 PM

Thanks for the links...hope to purchase these and the springs 2morro.
Thx again Bro.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:25 AM

Just wondering has any1 tried 20 in front and 25 in rear? Is there is any space?
Old 06-10-2010, 06:43 AM

Whoa, those spacers are more expensive than I thought. $270 to go all the way around huh?

Thanks for the great pics you posted showing your before and after "D-Street". You can definitely see the difference.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:26 AM

One more question regarding the Eibach Suspension Kit. On tirerack.com it shows a "Highly Recommended Alignment Kit" as an add on for $26 to the Springs.

Sucker purchase, or necessary??
Old 06-10-2010, 08:01 AM

One more question regarding the Eibach Suspension Kit. On tirerack.com it shows a "Highly Recommended Alignment Kit" as an add on for $26 to the Springs.

Sucker purchase, or necessary??

not necessary. after installing any springs its recommended that you get a wheel alignment after.. but to be honest it was atleast a yr after the installation of my springs that i got one!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 08:22 PM

Anybody who has done this have any issues with camber? You would think this would mess with it.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Reading this thread made me wanna get my springs ASAP... I also live in NY and we have ALOTTT of pot holes so I'm going for it maybe late this year early next year