7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Sub/Amp with stock setup?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 04:18 PM

Sub/Amp with stock setup?

I love my 2010 S however I wish the stock stereo had a bit more bass. Anyone running a small sub/amp off their stock setup? Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by DeadPair
I love my 2010 S however I wish the stock stereo had a bit more bass. Anyone running a small sub/amp off their stock setup? Thanks in advance for your input.
I'm in the process of figuring out what I can run, I'm looking at a simple 12 inch setup with a ported box I just don't want to spend more than 500
Old 07-14-2010, 04:47 PM

not hard to do at all you will need power wire, a rca loc converter, rca cable, sub and sub amp.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:02 PM

I've got a JL 500/1v2 powering an 8" W7 in a custom ported enclosure. Produces more than enough bass. I couldn't be happier.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by ANNINO
I've got a JL 500/1v2 powering an 8" W7 in a custom ported enclosure. Produces more than enough bass. I couldn't be happier.
Keep in mind I'm not working with the Bose system. Just the stock system that came with my S. Also, are you running a seperate bass control for the sub?

I'd like to do this myself as I have installed a lot of stereos in past vehicles however the head unit in the Maxima looks like a bastard to get to. Did you install your setup or have it professionally done?
Old 07-14-2010, 06:35 PM

Keep in mind I'm not working with the Bose system. Just the stock system that came with my S. Also, are you running a seperate bass control for the sub?

I'd like to do this myself as I have installed a lot of stereos in past vehicles however the head unit in the Maxima looks like a bastard to get to. Did you install your setup or have it professionally done?
with the loc you dont need to remove the head unit you can tap into the rear speakers all you need is left/right side + and - that will become your rca's for the amp.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:39 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAC-SOEM-T-2-Ch-...item439fa95b34
this is what i used i like it best because i has a amp remote wire built into it so no need for a remote relay.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:19 PM

I really want a custom box built to exact spec that ports through my rear armrest.this way i will avoid the trunk rattle from any other type of sub box in the trunk.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:05 AM

The guy that did mine is THE MAN. AMI Creations. His work is insane and his pricing is great. My enclosure fits like a glove and exceeded my hopes and desires. Check him out.

Other than the box, I did the install myself. The radio is actually really easy to remove. Look up the AV FSM on this site and follow the step by step instructions. All the wiring diagrams you will need are also in there. I used the Re-Q sound processor instead of a standard LOC. Soldered right into the rear speakers - funny sight seeing 6'2" me upside-down crammed into the trunk... Power wire for the amp was the hardest part, and even that wasn't that difficult once you figured out where to drill.

What are you thinking of running?
Old 07-15-2010, 05:21 AM

I would like to run 2-10" subs or a single heavy duty 12" in a bandpass boc where the port comes through the center armrest.I would think this is best for me so there is 0 trunk rattle and the sound will be smooth and clean since it vents directly into the cabin.The trick is to have the enclosure built to spec.

Can you elaborate on the location of where you ran the power wire through the firewall?I am thinking it was done where the clutch plate would have been?At this time I would like to run a power wire for when I do my alarm/starter.I dont want to dig for the power wire behind the cluster,just to tight for me.
Since I have the premium sound I will just see who has the best LOC with a remote line built in to add onto the bose.Any suggestions on a few good LOC to use?
Old 07-15-2010, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Juggernaut23
I would like to run 2-10" subs or a single heavy duty 12" in a bandpass boc where the port comes through the center armrest.I would think this is best for me so there is 0 trunk rattle and the sound will be smooth and clean since it vents directly into the cabin.The trick is to have the enclosure built to spec.

Can you elaborate on the location of where you ran the power wire through the firewall?I am thinking it was done where the clutch plate would have been?At this time I would like to run a power wire for when I do my alarm/starter.I dont want to dig for the power wire behind the cluster,just to tight for me.
Since I have the premium sound I will just see who has the best LOC with a remote line built in to add onto the bose.Any suggestions on a few good LOC to use?
Like I said, for a LOC I used the Re-Q with great results.

The power wire actually goes above the dead-pedal through the wheel well, and up into the engine bay. Take off the plastic wheel well and you will see the stock grommet. I used a Uni-Bit right above it and a heavy-duty Stinger threaded grommet. There is a thread somewhere on here that goes into this in a bit more detail and with a pic I think. Try searching the 7th gen forum for it.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:01 AM

Great advice/ideas...thanks guys.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:13 AM

Great advice/ideas...thanks guys.
Just if you are wondering, this is what I'm running:

the little guy is awesome... The amp is mounted on the back of the box sandwiched between the rear seats the the box.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:11 AM

Just if you are wondering, this is what I'm running:

the little guy is awesome... The amp is mounted on the back of the box sandwiched between the rear seats the the box.
That's a sweet setup. I'd like to do something very similar. I think a good quality 8" sub with a decent amp will be more than enough. I'm not looking to be heard 3 blocks away, just a bit more bass to my stock setup.

I'm wondering if heat will be an issue if I mount the amp between the box and rear seat like you have. It's damn hot down here in the summer.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:33 AM

I'm running a similar setup in my 07. JL 600/1 to a CA112RG-w3v3 12" sealed box. Great fit, and still hits pretty hard. Spliced off the Bose sub speaker output to Line converter, RCA to the amp.

That little amp has some bazz considering it's just a little bigger then my hand...Fitting it all in was a breeze, and there's room along both sides of the box to store stuff. I'm all about trunk space...

Old 07-15-2010, 10:34 AM

That's a sweet setup. I'd like to do something very similar. I think a good quality 8" sub with a decent amp will be more than enough. I'm not looking to be heard 3 blocks away, just a bit more bass to my stock setup.

I'm wondering if heat will be an issue if I mount the amp between the box and rear seat like you have. It's damn hot down here in the summer.
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for... something to fortify the stock system, and maybe pound a little if I want it.

Yeah, depends on the amp. The JL Slash series doesn't get hot at all. I'm pretty impressed. It's been in the 90's with 70-80% humidity lately and I havn't had a problem. I was paranoid at first but it's proven to be ok.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by MadMax07SL
I'm running a similar setup in my 07. JL 600/1 to a CA112RG-w3v3 12" sealed box. Great fit, and still hits pretty hard. Spliced off the Bose sub speaker output to Line converter, RCA to the amp.

That little amp has some bazz considering it's just a little bigger then my hand...Fitting it all in was a breeze, and there's room along both sides of the box to store stuff. I'm all about trunk space...

Yeah that's one of the reasons why I went with an 8... I still have 80% of my trunk space.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:46 AM

Yeah that's one of the reasons why I went with an 8... I still have 80% of my trunk space.
I remember my 95 continental, I had this HUGE bandpass box in the trunk, with 2 12's (way bigger then it should have been), and One day I went the HomeDepot to buy a lawn mower...with the handle folded down over the mower, I was still able to put the entire mower down flat inside the remaining trunk space, AND CLOSE THE LID! Man, I really miss that big a!! trunk!
Old 07-15-2010, 12:19 PM

my car is at the shop right now waiting to get a single 12 inch kicker comp series put in with a kicker amp and ported box!!! can't wait to pick her up
Old 07-15-2010, 02:16 PM

Just Remeber to take the wires from the RCA Converter and tie them in to each other i.e Gray with black stripe and white with black stripe/solid white with the solid gray. Apply to either side rear speaker. If you connect the wires you will short out your factory amp and your speaker will sound like some garbage. TRUST ME THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME. I will upload pics if you need me to
Old 07-19-2010, 10:20 AM

How about a HOW 2 write up on the wiring of the stock amp? or does it exist already?
And does anyone know if the stock amp attenuates the gain after a certain volume?roll off?
I see the bose amp is under the rear deck.is there a turn on there too?
Old 08-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Can some one help with the install of the LOC. I'm unsure on the wire colors going to the rear speakers. Thank you.