7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stillen roof wing

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 10:23 AM

Stillen roof wing

Anyone know where to get one for less than $200. That seems a little steep.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by jboss10
Anyone know where to get one for less than $200. That seems a little steep.
well i got mine from ebay for 96 buck
Old 07-17-2010, 06:13 PM

Cool! Looks great and next pay check its on my list. Did you have to let the seller know if you want the sport spoiler or what? I want it in black to match the roof... Great upgrade for the price!
Old 07-17-2010, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by keon718nyc
Cool! Looks great and next pay check its on my list. Did you have to let the seller know if you want the sport spoiler or what? I want it in black to match the roof... Great upgrade for the price!
as for me, i didnt have to do that. just placed my order with my car info and color code
Old 07-18-2010, 01:04 AM

Question

Originally Posted by Kmoney
Is that stillen?
Old 07-18-2010, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by SlkMax
Is that stillen?
no its not stillen. its a company that made the roof wing like stillen and you wouldnt know the difference. i look like stillen but IMO, i like this more than stillen for the cost of 96buck compare to 200buck they selling
Old 07-18-2010, 04:02 PM

Is this the Sport or Elegant version of the spoiler?
Old 07-18-2010, 07:11 PM

I would like to know as well, looks like the sport to me. I want the same one with same color as your black Kmoney. What is the color code as well?
Old 07-18-2010, 08:02 PM

I got the white max w the black glass panoramic roof so I dont know if if I should get it in black or white? The black will flow w/ the roof and rear windshield. If i went white it would match the rest of the paint, but it may look akward w/ a black roof. anyone do this w/ the white max or any suggestions? im stuck...
Old 07-18-2010, 08:12 PM

I have the white premium with black roof as well.i had my spoiler painted white.we shall see if it looks gay or not and if so which color code to repaint it in black to match the roof?
Old 07-18-2010, 08:37 PM

i think its the sport one but i will make sure and the color code is KH3 which is super black
Old 07-18-2010, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by rlos09
I got the white max w the black glass panoramic roof so I dont know if if I should get it in black or white? The black will flow w/ the roof and rear windshield. If i went white it would match the rest of the paint, but it may look akward w/ a black roof. anyone do this w/ the white max or any suggestions? im stuck...
IMHO if I had a white Maxima with the panoramic sunroof I would get the spoiler in black, NOT white!
Old 07-19-2010, 04:31 AM

this is sick... everything about the 7th gen is sick...
Old 07-19-2010, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by ImprezaRx7Lvr
this is sick... everything about the 7th gen is sick...
thanks
Old 07-19-2010, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Ricko
IMHO if I had a white Maxima with the panoramic sunroof I would get the spoiler in black, NOT white!
which color code would match the roof best then?Mine is already coming in white but i will have it repainted over in black if i can find the best black matching color to the roof?
Old 07-19-2010, 10:44 AM

Color codes for 2009-10 right here guys:
Winter Frost: QX3
Radiant Silver: K12
Mystic Jade: DAD
Crimson Black: GAD
Navy Blue: RAB
Tuscan Sun: NAD
Super Black: KH3
Ocean Grey: RAP
Dark Slate: K50
Got these from my maxima brochure
Old 07-19-2010, 02:54 PM

thats the same one i have
Where do you get to pick your color code? I was almost to the submit payment with still no paint code to enter.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:30 PM

i think its the sport one but i will make sure and the color code is KH3 which is super black
did u find out if you had the sport or the elegant? thanks
Old 07-19-2010, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by jboss10
Where do you get to pick your color code? I was almost to the submit payment with still no paint code to enter.
from the ebay website: "Please leave the color code detail in PayPal receipt notes box."

Last edited by Llfe; 07-19-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Juggernaut23
I have the white premium with black roof as well.i had my spoiler painted white.we shall see if it looks gay or not and if so which color code to repaint it in black to match the roof?
lmao... thanks man.. def take pics!!! and if u do decide to go black I would get it as dark as the one above cuz the roof is really black...
Old 07-19-2010, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ricko
Thanks for the suggestion! I was leaning towards the black myself but wld love to see some pics... If anyone has the white max w/ the roof spoiler plz post ur pics!!! thanks....
Old 07-23-2010, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by hamzer11
Let me know how this turns out because I was going to order similarly. You sort of end up being my guinea pig.

HEHEHEheHE, Yes ts cool man! I hope this black he has is dark! I will post pics as soon as i get it and install the roof spoiler. Getting my tints done today also, 30-35%. I will send you a pic of it as well~
Old 07-23-2010, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by keon718nyc
HEHEHEheHE, Yes ts cool man! I hope this black he has is dark! I will post pics as soon as i get it and install the roof spoiler. Getting my tints done today also, 30-35%. I will send you a pic of it as well~
be carefully with your tint tho... wats the front % u going for 30 or 35?
i didnt tint mine because my car is already black and with all the mod i have, i still get stop by pop but i always drive off with nothing but if i choose tint, thats asking for trouble for me so i choose not to.. so post pic when u have that tint done...
Old 07-23-2010, 09:49 AM

be carefully with your tint tho... wats the front % u going for 30 or 35?
i didnt tint mine because my car is already black and with all the mod i have, i still get stop by pop but i always drive off with nothing but if i choose tint, thats asking for trouble for me so i choose not to.. so post pic when u have that tint done...
I have this concern also. My brother got 4 tickets (one for each window) when he drove me to bayridge to pick up the new Max. We were right next to the dealership. The salesman tried talking to the cop but he didn't buy it.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by hamzer11
I have this concern also. My brother got 4 tickets (one for each window) when he drove me to bayridge to pick up the new Max. We were right next to the dealership. The salesman tried talking to the cop but he didn't buy it.
exactly. i learn from my last experience. use to have 02 altima and got tickets for each window.. i will admit that tint makes our max look nice but is it worth the ticket? i rather save up the tint ticket money for some mod..
Old 07-23-2010, 10:29 PM

Today the tints were done and went with 35% around which looks to me as perfect! I had 35% in my last car which was white and never was stopped or bothered for 3+ yrs. I drive in all 5 boroughs all week. The tint should be fine even with the rear shade up. While i was there some guy had gotten a wrx done with 35% as well but he tinted the front windsheild 50% which looked too dark he said it was for him and his girl to get it on in the car and what not! haha. I am going to get the tails done sometime in the next few weeks. My last car had the same with no problems and looked good to go. Roof Spoiler is on the way hopefully... Also i got a DEA family member badge which i never pulled out but just might work under certain situations...

Last edited by keon718nyc; 07-23-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:26 PM

My Maxima is dark slate (K50) so I would want the wing that color however I'm undecided between Sport vs Elegant. :|
Old 07-26-2010, 04:42 AM

I just got mine in a wont install it as i have the black roof and the white on a black roof just wont look good for me. the paint match is incredible as i did not think they could match the white so perfect. I guess i will put it in the 4sale section for someone who needs this in white.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Juggernaut23
I just got mine in a wont install it as i have the black roof and the white on a black roof just wont look good for me. the paint match is incredible as i did not think they could match the white so perfect. I guess i will put it in the 4sale section for someone who needs this in white.
Which seller did you order from?
Old 07-26-2010, 11:17 AM

they say to trust your gut. mine says something isn't quite right about this rear window spoiler.

I want to dive in and order it cause my mind is saying: "great deal, buy it" but the description of "08-current" without addressing the change in body style and the circulating questions have me worried. Top it off with the country of Taiwan involved and maybe it's worth it to pay $200 for the real Stillen. hmmm...

I'd love to see one of these that was order from Ebay installed on a 7th gen. If I saw that I'd be 100% in for the group buy.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by oakley125
they say to trust your gut. mine says something isn't quite right about this rear window spoiler.

I want to dive in and order it cause my mind is saying: "great deal, buy it" but the description of "08-current" without addressing the change in body style and the circulating questions have me worried. Top it off with the country of Taiwan involved and maybe it's worth it to pay $200 for the real Stillen. hmmm...

I'd love to see one of these that was order from Ebay installed on a 7th gen. If I saw that I'd be 100% in for the group buy.
you ask for pic and here you go. got mine from the same ebay for $96 buck
Old 07-26-2010, 11:38 AM

Isn't that a 6th gen maxima? I could easily be wrong but the roof antenna and design of that back window (maybe it's the black paint?) don't look like my 7th gen.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:48 AM

Isn't that a 6th gen maxima? I could easily be wrong but the roof antenna and design of that back window (maybe it's the black paint?) don't look like my 7th gen.
its a 7th gen. i put the roof antena myself
another pic
Old 07-26-2010, 12:12 PM

If I had a 7thgen and you told me it did not look like a 7thgen, I would be offended. I would guess about 5 people have already ordered from this seller and have their roof lips. If you read the whole thread you would not make such a mistake.

Mind you, this thread is under the 7thgen section. So, it is soo wrong for you to come here and tell someone his car does not look like a 7thgen. When this thread is for 7thgens looking for roof lips for their cars. I think I am the only 6thgen in this thread currently interested in this lip. So, where do you come from with the 6thgen thing?

Look at the sellers' listing on ebay very closely. And you will notice that he makes a mistake in saying 08 to NEW. But read down the listing, it specifies only 09 to NEW. So, it is definite he made a mistake. But when you place your order, he asks you specify if it is A34 (2004 to 2008) or A35 (2009 to 2010). Besides, honestly one has not taken the time to measure it. But I would not even be surprised if the lip fits 2004 to 2010. It only needs for someone to measure it. Seriously.

But when placing your order, if you wish to buy, you have to specify if it is a A34 or A35. Seller is from Taiwan! I doubt if he gets to see 7thgen as often as we do. And his first language is not English. My first language is French. But I know I do very well in English.

Read along next time.

Last edited by PetitFrereMaxima; 07-26-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:13 PM

its a 7th gen. i put the roof antena myself
another pic
I humbly stand corrected. It just didn't look like my back end and now I understand why. Thanks for posting another pic and explaining.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by PetitFrereMaxima
If I had a 7thgen and you told me it did not look like a 7thgen, I would be offended. I would guess about 5 people have already ordered from this seller and have their roof lips. If you read the whole thread you would not make such a mistake.

Mind you, this thread is under the 7thgen section. So, it is soo wrong for you to come here and tell someone his car does not look like a 7thgen. When this thread is for 7thgens looking for roof lips for their cars. I think I am the only 6thgen in this thread currently interested in this lip. So, where do you come from with the 6thgen thing?

Look at the sellers' listing on ebay very closely. And you will notice that he makes a mistake in saying 08 to NEW. But read down the listing, it specifies only 09 to NEW. So, it is definite he made a mistake. But when you place your order, he asks you specify if it is A34 (2004 to 2008) or A35 (2009 to 2010). Besides, honestly one has not taken the time to measure it. But I would not even be surprised if the lip fits 2004 to 2010. It only needs for someone to measure it. Seriously.

But when placing your order, if you wish to buy, you have to specify if it is a A34 or A35. Seller is from Taiwan! I doubt if he gets to see 7thgen as often as we do. And his first languaue is not English. My first language is French. But I know I do very well in English.

Read along next time.
whoa thread police......it was a simple mistake. I obviously posted to clarify, not to offend anyone. I think the fact that A) the picture was zoomed in, B) he painted his rear window chrome surround to black, and C) he's added his own aftermarket antenna is enough to justify clarification. take it easy bro - we're talking cars, not life and death.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:39 PM

whoa thread police......it was a simple mistake. I obviously posted to clarify, not to offend anyone. I think the fact that A) the picture was zoomed in, B) he painted his rear window chrome surround to black, and C) he's added his own aftermarket antenna is enough to justify clarification. take it easy bro - we're talking cars, not life and death.
no hash feeling bro. its understandable..
Old 07-26-2010, 01:01 PM

Yeah, no hard feelings at all bro. I was just explaining it sincerely. Not really meant to come off as a police. And I totally see your point. let's be cool.

Now, would you be so kind as to join the group buy if the seller gives us a group discount for 10 buyers? If yes, I would be glad to put your name on the list with your car color code.

Let me know.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:33 PM

According to post #44, the black color is G41.

But seriously, if you wish to place an order, you need to do a research to make sure you name the right color. This is so that you do not end up blaming someone if it doesn't match your application. And when asked why you provided a wrong color code, you will find yourself pointing a finger at someone. I have seen things like that happen a lot. So, kindly double-check that your color code would be G41. Just for safety sake. And confirm with me.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:41 PM

Kmoney can you confirm what the color code was for the black and do you think it blends well with the glass (not necessarily the car)?

Quick Reply: Stillen roof wing