7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

XM Radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 12:48 PM

XM Radio

My XM Radio is about to expire, I love it but I'm not willing to pay the price they are asking for. I heard that they will usually make a deal with you. What are you guys paying for XM radio?
Old 09-29-2010, 01:04 PM

would like to knows this as well for when mine expires....
Old 09-29-2010, 03:04 PM

14.99, XM everything... I never listened to any of the "Sirius" channels, so I left those out... that would've been like 18 I think.
If you buy a yearly packages, it's a LITTLE bit cheaper.
Its worth every penny in my book, ALWAYS something on, regardless of what type of music you're in the mood for.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:15 PM

I have done many times over for many years even recently use the sentence "I would like the $77 retention pricing" when calling XM.It always is the same run around for about 40 minutes and in the end they give me the full year for $77 every time!It takes a medium amount of haggling and being nice while they keep making counter offers until they say that they will now connect you to the cancellation dept.And then is when they come back with the yes we can do the one time only $77 price for the year.Well,its been 4 years now and I still get it.Use Google t ofind more about this as I think it has been spread around some other forums many times over.
Here it is below!!!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=XM+radio+retention
Old 09-29-2010, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Juggernaut23
I have done many times over for many years even recently use the sentence "I would like the $77 retention pricing" when calling XM.It always is the same run around for about 40 minutes and in the end they give me the full year for $77 every time!It takes a medium amount of haggling and being nice while they keep making counter offers until they say that they will now connect you to the cancellation dept.And then is when they come back with the yes we can do the one time only $77 price for the year.Well,its been 4 years now and I still get it.Use Google t ofind more about this as I think it has been spread around some other forums many times over.
Here it is below!!!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=XM+radio+retention
Does this include the traffic & weather?
Old 09-29-2010, 05:21 PM

friend of mine told me he tried last week to cancel it because he didn't have the money to renew it they tried to keep him everyway they could offered him every deal till he took one cause he kept saying no,well lets say they gave it to him for $19.99 for 5 months
Old 09-29-2010, 05:52 PM

I really like the xm radio. It's def not worth 66 bucks for 3 months though. I'll take it for $30 for 5 months or something. I really do like having the forecast with me all the time though, and xm traffic is real good.

Last edited by sgirgiss1214; 09-29-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:40 PM

I was called the other day from xm radio out of the blue. The lady offered me a plan for everything plus weather and traffic for 60% off. Came out to about $78 yr. I felt it was a good deal for the year and renewed my free 3 month trial that is up in a week. You can call them and make deals or they will call you close to when yours expires. I like the weather alot! I was in my car and it said tornado warning in your area. I was doubtful but its been on point with rain thunderstorms ect. The tornadoes that came down on the 16th here in Flushing knocked my power and internet out for a week. Lucky my max was unharmed .

Last edited by keon718nyc; 09-29-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:22 PM

Yes, when my trial period was up in February, I "googled" an XM coupon code and got the $77 annual fee after a bit of haggling. Then I added the weather and traffic package for $7/month which they bill quarterly. However, do not charge it...ask for an invoice, then pay by check. If they get your credit card, you will have issues down the line when you go to terminate (they continue to charge your card, so I'm told). Good stuff though. Every time, I get a weather alert, it blows my wife's mind. She thinks it is so cool!
Old 09-30-2010, 06:59 AM

Question

Originally Posted by hamzer11
Does this include the traffic & weather?
no,it didnt include that.But the other person who posted here said they got it all included for a great deal.Lets get a plan together so all us members can help each other to get the best deal possible.

I use to get it up to 5 accounts with every feature possible free buy useing my business name.Anyone could have made up any name and just called on the phone and got 5 free demo accounts started.But now they dont allow any vehicle radios to get it.But any portable or any other type can get it still.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by keon718nyc
I was called the other day from xm radio out of the blue. The lady offered me a plan for everything plus weather and traffic for 60% off. Came out to about $78 yr. I felt it was a good deal for the year and renewed my free 3 month trial that is up in a week. You can call them and make deals or they will call you close to when yours expires. I like the weather alot! I was in my car and it said tornado warning in your area. I was doubtful but its been on point with rain thunderstorms ect. The tornadoes that came down on the 16th here in Flushing knocked my power and internet out for a week. Lucky my max was unharmed .

Keon, you should check on this. I called and was told that there is no such thing. The $77 plan is for audio. They offered me $7/month for weather and traffic but only if I get the audio also. I don't use XM and really don't care but they won't give the $7 without the audio. I said forget it. Could it be that you were misinformed and you only renewed for the audio? I asked if I could get an account to prove that my friend got the radio plus traffic and weather for $77, she said "no one has it" and wouldn't even entertain the idea. I'm gonna live without it but just letting you know to take a look once you are off the free trial to see if you still get traffic and weather.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by MAXX OUT 2K10
My XM Radio is about to expire, I love it but I'm not willing to pay the price they are asking for. I heard that they will usually make a deal with you. What are you guys paying for XM radio?

Bought the lifetime subscription for $400-its good for up to three radios in your lifetime which if I keep my cars 5-7 years should be a good deal.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by atlanta10
Bought the lifetime subscription for $400-its good for up to three radios in your lifetime which if I keep my cars 5-7 years should be a good deal.
sounds like a good deal if you own the car, but i lease
Old 09-30-2010, 08:31 PM

Well, I bought my 08 brand new. Used the 3 months trial XM and then paid for one year after that. Last month of my contract, I got notice of cancellation. I called to get a better price, but they wouldn't buldge. I had to get off the phone and was mad and vowed not to call back. I did not want to pay that much. Well, last day for cancellation came and my full XM with traffic and weather was still on. And today, 10 months now, my XM is still on with no single interruption.

So, maybe let it expire to see if they will even cut it. They might not (if you park your car in a garage at night), I don't know. I just know mine has never been cut and I have never been charged. I had long closed the CC I used to pay my first year of XM service. So, I don't know who is paying for my free XM.

I asked on the forum why they think mine is still on. And sure enough some guy said if I park in a covered garage, then they might be trying and cannot get to me because they send the cut-off signal at night and my car is parked in my garage and is hidden, so signal does not get to my car. I don't know if that is true. All I know is my XM is on and I am not paying a dime.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:10 PM

Yesterday as I was pulling into my driveway around 6PM, I was thinking that it's been 3 months now since I got the car, and right then XM shut down! The power of thought! It appears that they don't just send the shutdown at night!
Old 10-02-2010, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by MAXX OUT 2K10
Don't pay more than $78 a year. Don't EVER give this company your credit card number.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by rkurlander
Don't pay more than $78 a year. Don't EVER give this company your credit card number.

He speaks wise words.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:48 PM

For the last 2 times I have gotten 5 months for $20. It should expiring here pretty soon so let's see if they get me another 5 months for $20.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:33 AM

Well, check my post #14! I thought I was getting free XM service from XM! Not knowing they charged my CC right before I closed it. I can't even believe it. I am still trying to find out how it adds up! Now, without XM, I do miss it a lot, lol.

When I called, they are offering me 6 months for $29.99 plus tax. Or 1 year for $77 plus tax. These deals sound ok.

Just wondering if anybody has gotten a better deal out there?
Old 02-13-2011, 11:14 AM

Smile

I just hung up with them. First, they tried to sell me a 2 year plan with Nav and Weather for over $400. I listened to the sales pitch for a while and mentioned that I saw a price on the internet for around $75.
After being put on hold for a bit, I was offered the $77 / year rate + $2 invoice fee. After some other fees and BS, she said the price would be $86.09.

Much better than the invoice price of $157.83 + fees and taxes!

Thanks all for your help!