7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nissan Aftermarket Fog Light

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 06:21 AM

Nissan Aftermarket Fog Light

I am not sure if this was posted as of late, but I will be honest in saying that I didn't bother looking it up.

This is informational only for those that have the S model w/o fog lights installed. Nissan is now offering an aftermarket kit for Fog Lights (standard halogens only, of course) for $275 not including install fee. The kit includes both full fog light assemblies and the steering column switch assy, I talked with the Nissan rep and he said install is approx 1 to 1.5 hrs.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:19 AM

thats gonna be another $150 if you want them install it. i dont mind getting that then buying a HID kit for it. i would just let them install the switch assem for me. ill give them a call
Old 01-07-2011, 07:32 AM

Yeah... that was my plan as well. The lights themselves are simple enough to install, the switch on other hand entails removing most of the steering wheel assy including the airbag, from what I have read. And my plan was to HID them as well. Will probably take it to the guys that did my headlights, they did an excellent job and I have little experience messing with such things.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by MaxSleeper
Yeah... that was my plan as well. The lights themselves are simple enough to install, the switch on other hand entails removing most of the steering wheel assy including the airbag, from what I have read. And my plan was to HID them as well. Will probably take it to the guys that did my headlights, they did an excellent job and I have little experience messing with such things.
ill install the lights and do the hid later. so when i call them just ask about the after market fog light system?
Old 01-07-2011, 07:44 AM

yeah, just ask about the Fog Light Kit. They will probably have to order it though, my dealership didnt' have it in stock.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by MaxSleeper
yeah, just ask about the Fog Light Kit. They will probably have to order it though, my dealership didnt' have it in stock.
cool i give them a call and see what they say
Old 01-07-2011, 08:47 AM

i bought the oem fog light kit from courtesy nissan for 218.75 + shipping
(comes with everything you need including the light bulbs)...they also have install directions on their website

the install was pretty easy...the hardest part about installing the fog lights was unscrewing the top screw on both sides...the side screw was easy...only 2 screws to remove on each side

removing the shroud around the steering column was a pain...but u don't really need to do it...installing the assembly was very simple...anyone can do it...and you don't have to do anything with the airbags!!!!!...u never see it or touch it

i've also installed 6K HID's in my fogs but the bulbs don't match...i have to send it back...i bought the kit from HIDExtra

it took me an hour to install everything...would have been quicker if the screws were easier to get to

Last edited by Llfe; 01-07-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:45 PM

forget those from nissan just get this much cheaper and looks way better come with hid kit

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Projector-H...ctor_sku76.htm
Old 01-07-2011, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by djdavebse
forget those from nissan just get this much cheaper and looks way better come with hid kit

thats what i have on my 09S and its more better than OEM because its projector.
for the install, as its not a exact fit, the trim of the fog light space on the car will need to be trim a little and will need extra bracket because the bracket that comes with the fog light wont be strong enough to hold the fog light. so its a little more work to install than the OEM fog lights so beware before you buy

Last edited by Kmoney; 01-07-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Kmoney
thats what i have on my 09S and its more better than OEM because its projector.
for the install, as its not a exact fit, the trim of the fog light space on the car will need to be trim a little and will need extra bracket because the bracket that comes with the fog light wont be strong enough to hold the fog light. so its a little more work to install than the OEM fog lights so beware before you buy
where did you get the extra bracket from? and u had to cut off a little on the back of the bumper?

got a question. how did you run a switch to turn it on and off

Last edited by djdavebse; 01-07-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:43 PM

i saw those too...but not for me...i actually like the stock look better only because nothing is sticking out

does the projector for the fog stick out? (i haven't seen these in person)
Old 01-07-2011, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Llfe
i've also installed 6K HID's in my fogs but the bulbs don't match...i have to send it back...i bought the kit from HIDExtra
I did the same, they don'y match like I would like them to, but they really improve what I see at night, my brother has the same on his 300 and after the lights burned in they matched perfectly, if I turn the fogs off the HID headlights look like halogens, I might eventually upgrade my headlights, but I don't even know if D2S bulbs come in different ratings/outputs.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:42 PM

i saw those too...but not for me...i actually like the stock look better only because nothing is sticking out

does the projector for the fog stick out? (i haven't seen these in person)
the projector is actually better their much more brighter and they can shot farther and im not sure if it sticks out but. this is a pic of Kmoneys car it looks ok to me.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by STARR
I did the same, they don'y match like I would like them to, but they really improve what I see at night, my brother has the same on his 300 and after the lights burned in they matched perfectly, if I turn the fogs off the HID headlights look like halogens, I might eventually upgrade my headlights, but I don't even know if D2S bulbs come in different ratings/outputs.
when u talk about matching...do u mean fog lights matching low beams? or else just about the fog hids(left side right side)?

i'm talking about the left side and right side 6K hid bulbs...one is definitely brighter than the other (super bright vs dim)

i have 8K hids in my low beams and the 6K hids look good with it but i can barely see anything...i might swap it around though to see if i can see further with the 6K as the low beams

the projector is actually better their much more brighter and they can shot farther and im not sure if it sticks out but. this is a pic of Kmoneys car it looks ok to me.

yes...i know the projector is better and shots further than stock...but i still like the look of the oem...to each their own...i wish i had halo's on my fogs though
Old 01-07-2011, 08:04 PM

where did you get the extra bracket from? and u had to cut off a little on the back of the bumper?

got a question. how did you run a switch to turn it on and off
my man that installed it got some bracket that fit for it. yno you dont need to cut it but only need to trim around the corner where the fog light is to be position. my fog light is connected to come on with my park light so no need for switch
Old 01-07-2011, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Kmoney
my man that installed it got some bracket that fit for it. yno you dont need to cut it but only need to trim around the corner where the fog light is to be position. my fog light is connected to come on with my park light so no need for switch
nice nice when im ready u think we could reach up and your friend can help me out on the bracket if im having trouble
Old 01-07-2011, 10:02 PM

nice nice when im ready u think we could reach up and your friend can help me out on the bracket if im having trouble
sure thats not a problem
Old 01-07-2011, 10:44 PM

when u talk about matching...do u mean fog lights matching low beams? or else just about the fog hids(left side right side)?

i'm talking about the left side and right side 6K hid bulbs...one is definitely brighter than the other (super bright vs dim)

i have 8K hids in my low beams and the 6K hids look good with it but i can barely see anything...i might swap it around though to see if i can see further with the 6K as the low beams
When I referred to matching I meant headlights to foglights, I never had a problem with matching left to right, this is my 3rd set of plug and play xenons from xenondepot, they cost about 120 for the volt kit, but I would rather pay more and just do with what I know, I also know certain HID kits vary in light output, also why I just keep buying from the same company.

For your headlights and not seeing what you want, my buddy has 6000k HID, plug and plays in his headlight and sees perfectly, I would say just as good visibility as factory Xenons, the 6000k fogs really enhance the headlight visibility.

Take the 8000k out, the higher the number the less you see, and the more you strain your eyes.