7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 05:22 PM

2013 Maxima

Car and Driver has a picture of the 2014 Infiniti EV on page 54 of the new April 2011 issue in the upper right hand corner. It is a 4 door all electric vehicle. I am wondering if this car will be the new platform for the new Maxima. I looked on the Car and Driver website and did not see a link, I just got the issue yesterday btw. It looks like the car is a dark silver color in the picture and it looks pretty sweet. The front end is very pronounced with the headlights on the side of the front fenders and the back of the car is dramatically swept. It doesn't look like there would be much headroom for the rear passengers. Again, the picture is on page 54 of the latest Car and Driver issue.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Schneid
Car and Driver has a picture of the 2014 Infiniti EV on page 54 of the new April 2011 issue in the upper right hand corner. It is a 4 door all electric vehicle. I am wondering if this car will be the new platform for the new Maxima. I looked on the Car and Driver website and did not see a link, I just got the issue yesterday btw. It looks like the car is a dark silver color in the picture and it looks pretty sweet. The front end is very pronounced with the headlights on the side of the front fenders and the back of the car is dramatically swept. It doesn't look like there would be much headroom for the rear passengers. Again, the picture is on page 54 of the latest Car and Driver issue.
I don't see the Maxima having an all-electric version. The precept of the Maxima is opposite that of an all-electric vehicle. Nissan already has their all-electric vehicle in the Leaf, which is currently being exhibited and test-driven by consumers across the country. The first year's output of the Leaf has already been reserved by drivers ready to purge the gas pump from their lives.

I could see a diesel version of the Maxima, which would work in favor of the overall fleet MPG for Nissan. There may even eventually be a hybrid version of the Maxima. But I would bet even a hybrid Maxima is still five or more years away.

In the meantime, just show me a diesel Maxima with 400 foot pounds of torque and watch me salivate.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:25 AM

I never stated anything about the new Maxima being an all electric vehicle. I just thought that it might be the new body style for the Maxima.

Here is a link to what I was able to find on-line. It is a bit similar to the picture in Car and Driver.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...k&fr=yfp-t-701
Old 02-27-2011, 01:31 PM

The Maxima already has that design concept implemented into the vehicle. It is a typical Infiniti design plus the Maxima.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:32 PM

Old 02-27-2011, 01:50 PM

not digging it
Old 02-28-2011, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Schneid
I never stated anything about the new Maxima being an all electric vehicle. I just thought that it might be the new body style for the Maxima.
My bad. I misread your post.

Nissan has always kept the Maxima bodystyle totally different from Infiniti designs, and I would expect that to continue. Interesting style, though. Infiniti has come a long way since the release of the Q45 almost twenty years ago.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by eLMo
This car looks like it will have the same problem as the new Camaro! Flip a coin and guess if anyone is in your blind spot/ behind you.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
My bad. I misread your post.

Nissan has always kept the Maxima bodystyle totally different from Infiniti designs, and I would expect that to continue. Interesting style, though. Infiniti has come a long way since the release of the Q45 almost twenty years ago.
why does the a32 maxima look dead-up like an a32 i30 then?
Old 03-01-2011, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by eLMo
That looks like the Essence concept- I'd expect this to be the draft for the next G coupe- not the Max.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:13 PM

im pretty sure it is the next G coupe

more pics

Last edited by djdavebse; 03-01-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by tigersharkdude
why does the a32 maxima look dead-up like an a32 i30 then?
Infiniti did indeed use the Maxima with slightly adjusted chrome, etc, as an 'Infiniti' early on, and that was one of the reasons Infiniti was not taken seriously at the time. Once Infiniti stopped using Nissan designs as the basis for some of their vehicles, and came up with attractive, original designs of their own, Infiniti began to be taken seriously, and has not produced a vehicle that looked like a Nissan since.

That separation has now been taken to an extreme. My Nissan dealer wanted to open an Infiniti dealership across the street from his Nissan dealership. Infiniti told him he would have to give up his Nissan dealership before he could put an Infiniti dealership across the street. So he bought a second Nissan dealership ten miles away instead, giving him great Nissan coverage across the area. Then someone else opened an Infiniti dealership. . . right across the street from my dealer's Nissan lot.

As I said, separation to an extreme.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:43 AM

ya good thing the days of rebadging are over (aka the infiniti i30 and M30)

But infiniti nissan did make a very strong q45 which was as serious as u can get as a luxury car. It's just that the lexus ls always beat them year after year.

actually I'd say nissan infiniti took a turn for the better when Ghosn took over, it took a european guy to turn around a japanese company. Just like Kia with their former audi vw designer.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:00 AM

Q45 was soft as was every older Infiniti.

When the G hit the streets it was obvious everyone wanted more performance( a'la BMW). The FM platform saved Infiniti.

M56 is well deserved to be the new Infiniti flagship.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:04 AM

ya the new M is freaking hot.

after that it's the maxima then the G in terms of hotness.

Originally Posted by 95VQ30

When the G hit the streets it was obvious everyone wanted more performance( a'la BMW). The FM platform saved Infiniti.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by BBmaxi
ya the new M is freaking hot.

after that it's the maxima then the G in terms of hotness.

Agreed. If I was a billionaire, and could drive any vehicle I desired, I think I might choose a loaded M over all those exotic Ferraris and Porsches, etc. In my current situation (not being a billionaire), I can get a totally loaded Maxima for double-digit grand bucks less than a loaded M, and still have a very reliable, agile, strong, fine-looking ride.

I suspect the G is going to be taken to another level stylewise within the next few years, so I'm sure the designers at Nissan are aware of this, and have a very sexy 8th gen Maxima on the drawing boards.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:37 PM

ya the Q was soft in sales but it still was a real, full blown, from top to bottom a real luxury car, all 3 generations of them.

the 2nd gen and 3rd gen's are great deals right now in the used car market.

Originally Posted by 95VQ30

Old 03-02-2011, 04:08 PM

ya the Q was soft in sales but it still was a real, full blown, from top to bottom a real luxury car, all 3 generations of them.

I must admit I really liked all three generations of the Q45. It was not a sports car, but I admired the styling and could easily have 'adjusted' to the luxurious appointments.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by djdavebse
im pretty sure it is the next G coupe
Evidently you dont know what your talking about. Thats not the next gen G coupe, that is the Infiniti Essence concept
Old 03-02-2011, 04:37 PM

actually you don't either.

it's a concept, and a concept could be the next infiniti "fill in the blank".

a concept is the inspiration for the next generation of design philosophy.

either way, I trust Ghosn. Nissan is the real blend of japanese and european design.

Originally Posted by tigersharkdude
Evidently you dont know what your talking about. Thats not the next gen G coupe, that is the Infiniti Essence concept
Old 03-02-2011, 05:40 PM

Yes they were, but I must say that the 1st gen Q was the sportiest of the bunch. It handled head and shoulders above the original LS400 and was much quicker, people just latched on prefered the "soft" Luxury of the LS and that continued throughout Q's life.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:33 PM

Doubt nissan will make the Maxima all electric, at least not at this point in time.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by uberdrift
Doubt nissan will make the Maxima all electric, at least not at this point in time.
There was no suggestion by the original poster that the Maxima might go electric. The original poster was simply referring to the STYLING. I made exactly the same misinterpretation you did as you can see by reading my response (the first response in this thread).
Old 03-11-2011, 06:10 PM

Question Is This The Next Maxima?

i was bored so i was looking through youtube so i came across this the front lights and rear looks just like the current maxima only a little bit more farther to the doors. from looks at this its not so bad i like it. it has the maxima logo in the rear with a light around it. one thing the front looks like a civic .

i would like to know what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzH3S...feature=relmfu

more info

http://nissannews.com/newsrelease.do...6CD0F?&id=2075
Old 03-11-2011, 06:16 PM

it looks ok a little to much interior lighting
Old 03-11-2011, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by shadowx3081
it looks ok a little to much interior lighting
i like lights so im ok with that lol just once the color can be changed
Old 03-11-2011, 06:42 PM

We already talked about this car in another thread and I alluded to this being the replacement for the Maxima and Altima but I was told by Lightonthehill that this wouldn't be a replacement for either of them if I remember correctly.

It's a nice car and it looks very futuristic.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:55 PM

its nissans future hybrid it was in the auto show a couple months back
Old 03-14-2011, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by bk2k3max
We already talked about this car in another thread and I alluded to this being the replacement for the Maxima and Altima but I was told by Lightonthehill that this wouldn't be a replacement for either of them if I remember correctly.

It's a nice car and it looks very futuristic.
Very good memory, bk2k3max. Nissan says the Ellure is a hybrid aimed at sophisticated and rebellous women in their 30s and 40s. This suggests it will not be a replacement vehicle, but a new entry, if it actually goes into production.

There are several gimmicks here, such as the 'suicide' rear doors, that will never be used with the Altima or Maxima, but a few of the Ellure's non-feminine cosmetic external design cues may filter down to upcoming generation Altimas and/or Maximas.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:41 PM

Interesting that manufacturers are jutting the grills out, kind of reminds me what Audi is doing with their grills. I have to say that I am not nuts about the design.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:50 AM

I don't see the Maxima having an all-electric version. The precept of the Maxima is opposite that of an all-electric vehicle. Nissan already has their all-electric vehicle in the Leaf, which is currently being exhibited and test-driven by consumers across the country. The first year's output of the Leaf has already been reserved by drivers ready to purge the gas pump from their lives.

I could see a diesel version of the Maxima, which would work in favor of the overall fleet MPG for Nissan. There may even eventually be a hybrid version of the Maxima. But I would bet even a hybrid Maxima is still five or more years away.

In the meantime, just show me a diesel Maxima with 400 foot pounds of torque and watch me salivate.
At this point and time gas prices are continually going up it wouldn't surprise me if there were a hybrid or all electric Max on the table at Nissan.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Maxima1981
At this point and time gas prices are continually going up it wouldn't surprise me if there were a hybrid or all electric Max on the table at Nissan.

Of Nissan's 17 or 18 (I can't keep up) vehicle lines, I would think the Z and the Maxima would be the last two to be hybridized or electrified. These are two Nissan vehicles in which the performance IMAGE is more important than the actual performance itself. These two cars sell panache more than they sell transportation.

I am probably wrong, but I would think Nissan might revisit the diesel option as the next step in the evolution of the Maxima.

I say revisit because the first generation Maxima had a diesel option that was fairly well received at a time diesels were noisy and smoky. The noise and smoke have long-since been eliminated, and Nissan announced, and almost built a diesel 2010 Maxima, but the Great Recession changed the plans of all auto manufacturers.

Electric cars save gasoline, yet comsume electricity, which is created by expending natural resources such as coal, or using nuclear energy, where we have hundreds of tons of expended fuel rods with no place to get rid of them.

We also have the bothersome detail that electric cars are presently suitable for commuting, but are a very poor option for long distance travel. Hybrids are somewhat better for long trips, but are much more involved mechanically than a simple gasoline or diesel powered vehicle.

But things change, and we will eventually see vehicles where the roof, hood and trunk are disguised solar panels. The future will be interesting.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:11 PM

Of Nissan's 17 or 18 (I can't keep up) vehicle lines, I would think the Z and the Maxima would be the last two to be hybridized or electrified. These are two Nissan vehicles in which the performance IMAGE is more important than the actual performance itself. These two cars sell panache more than they sell transportation.

I am probably wrong, but I would think Nissan might revisit the diesel option as the next step in the evolution of the Maxima.

I say revisit because the first generation Maxima had a diesel option that was fairly well received at a time diesels were noisy and smoky. The noise and smoke have long-since been eliminated, and Nissan announced, and almost built a diesel 2010 Maxima, but the Great Recession changed the plans of all auto manufacturers.

Electric cars save gasoline, yet comsume electricity, which is created by expending natural resources such as coal, or using nuclear energy, where we have hundreds of tons of expended fuel rods with no place to get rid of them.

We also have the bothersome detail that electric cars are presently suitable for commuting, but are a very poor option for long distance travel. Hybrids are somewhat better for long trips, but are much more involved mechanically than a simple gasoline or diesel powered vehicle.

But things change, and we will eventually see vehicles where the roof, hood and trunk are disguised solar panels. The future will be interesting.
It all depends on gas prices bud. The next iteration of the Evo will be a hybrid if that's not a hint of what's to come. I know Mitsu isn't as accepted as Nissan overall but I think it states a new trend. I really hope these prices drop but I see no data that suggests it.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:16 PM

Forgot to mention I don't think they'll completely kill the gasoline version I just feel they will offer a hybrid. Camry which is truly blah like every Toyota has one already. You're going to see more of it as people will want more fuel economy. The Max doesn't get the greatest mileage as it is and that ultimately affects car sales. So a hybrid version that is capable of attaining better mileage isn't a bad thing only if it doesn't give up performance that is.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:34 PM

Forgot to mention I don't think they'll completely kill the gasoline version I just feel they will offer a hybrid. Camry which is truly blah like every Toyota has one already. You're going to see more of it as people will want more fuel economy. The Max doesn't get the greatest mileage as it is and that ultimately affects car sales. So a hybrid version that is capable of attaining better mileage isn't a bad thing only if it doesn't give up performance that is.
Nissan has the "Hybrid" arena in the Camry's segment covered with the Altima Hybrid already.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
Nissan has the "Hybrid" arena in the Camry's segment covered with the Altima Hybrid already.
So what segment is the Maxima in? All the comparisons I see with it compare it to the Accord and Camry.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0d876b

http://www.automotiveforums.com/t138..._camry_v6.html

http://www.newcars.com/reviews/nissa...ord-sedan.html

It doesn't compete with Audi,Bmw that's Infinity.

Last edited by Maxima1981; 04-09-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by djdavebse
i was bored so i was looking through youtube so i came across this the front lights and rear looks just like the current maxima only a little bit more farther to the doors. from looks at this its not so bad i like it. it has the maxima logo in the rear with a light around it. one thing the front looks like a civic .

i would like to know what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzH3S...feature=relmfu

more info

http://nissannews.com/newsrelease.do...6CD0F?&id=2075
Nice looking car. I can't wait for the specs.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Metallica
Nice looking car. I can't wait for the specs.
Wow! Nice looking ride.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:02 PM

So what segment is the Maxima in? All the comparisons I see with it compare it to the Accord and Camry.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0d876b

http://www.automotiveforums.com/t138..._camry_v6.html

http://www.newcars.com/reviews/nissa...ord-sedan.html

It doesn't compete with Audi,Bmw that's Infinity.
Maxima really does not and has not had direct competitor for years as it has been a "tweener" car, the closest in price and mission in the Market is the Acura TL and Avalon a so so competitor. Maxima use to occupy the spot in the marketplace for Nissan that G does now and the only reason you dont see alot of comparos is because of "branding" Infiniti/Acura (this is why the Max is a "tweener" car). Look at a Max brochure from 02 etc it has the Max competitors TL and a few others.

Nissan----Honda-----Toyota

Sentra----Civic-------Corolla= competitors
Altima----Accord----- Camry= competitors
Maxima---Acura TL----Avalon=competitors

Last edited by MONTE 01&97 SE; 04-09-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
Maxima really does not and has not had direct competitor for years as it has been a "tweener" car, the closest in price and mission in the Market is the Acura TL and Avalon a so so competitor. Maxima use to occupy the spot in the marketplace for Nissan that G does now and the only reason you dont see alot of comparos is because of "branding" Infiniti/Acura (this is why the Max is a "tweener" car). Look at a Max brochure from 02 etc it has the Max competitors TL and a few others.

Nissan----Honda-----Toyota

Sentra----Civic-------Corolla= competitors
Altima----Accord----- Camry= competitors
Maxima---Acura TL----Avalon=competitors

I Could not have said it any better.

I can get base Camrys and Accords at prices around $16,900. Even the base Maxima lists for over $30K, and sells for around $25K to $28K. My Maxima listed right at $40K, and that is a long way from Camry and Accord MSRPs.

As Monte indicated, the Maxima is never placed in the same category as the Camry and Accord by anyone who really knows cars.

Quick Reply: 2013 Maxima