7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EEsjunin's White Horse -2009 SV evolution

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 06:03 AM

Next step forward

So i had a busy Thanksgiving!

3 days of dissassembling, rewiring, painting, baking ( turkey as well), and more rewiring.
Here is the summary of upgrades done.
-Fog lights are now triggered by the parking lights, for that parking lights+fog lights only function...sweeeeet! Relayed and re-fused!
-Halo's installed. The way this is wired is similarly to the fog lights now, but with an additional switch inside( wired through the fire wall). This is so i can turn them off in case of inspection/police...whatever. Thsi also allows for, now, fog+p.light+halo option.....sweeeeet!
-Headlights, i tri-color the white sections to match the pearl off white body color. The other section of the headlights was painted matte black.
Took me a while since i wanted, the wiring especially to be nice and clean.

Enjoy!

Name:  IMG_1411.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  102.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1416.jpg
Views: 2013
Size:  95.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1417.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  84.5 KB
Old 11-26-2012, 06:35 AM

damn looks good bro
Old 11-26-2012, 07:06 AM

WOW looking good EEsjunin!!! I wish I have the guts to open mine LOL.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by PSU09MAXIMA
damn looks good bro
Thank you sir!
Will post more good, quality pics this week!

Originally Posted by Jbling700
WOW looking good EEsjunin!!! I wish I have the guts to open mine LOL.
Eah, i was abit nerveous...but after everything went according to the instructions, the confidense built up
The hardest part was remembering where some of the bolts/brackets went...thinking forward i snaped a pic of the backing of the headlights first before taking anything off them

~Gene

Last edited by eesjunin; 11-26-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:16 AM

DAMN. E... Truly an inspiration to the true DIY'er... Very nice... I am feeling the white and matte theme...
Old 11-26-2012, 09:33 AM

Love the work u put in on ur 7th. Headlights look mean and overall look from front is clean.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Staggered357
DAMN. E... Truly an inspiration to the true DIY'er... Very nice... I am feeling the white and matte theme...
Thank you !
Originally Posted by ToroMax
Love the work u put in on ur 7th. Headlights look mean and overall look from front is clean.
Thank you! The front end is going to get re-done, as i am working on that spare bumper for the next summer.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:04 PM

wow looks good
Old 11-30-2012, 09:27 AM

^ Hey Dan, thanks!
Will post some better pics soon!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:32 AM

Damn they look Tony The Tiger
Old 11-30-2012, 11:03 AM

hahahaha GRRRRREAAAT ! Thanks!
Old 11-30-2012, 12:17 PM

Holy crap man! Just read through this entire thread. The amount of work that you've put into this car is mighty impressive (and inspiring). Can't believe you cut into the hood! I love the majority of mods you've done.

I'm actually in Norton quite a bit (but live on the North Shore) ... will have to keep a look out for your ride. Shouldn't be too hard to spot.

ps. How was your experience with Marlboro Nissan? Personally I chose to take my business elsewhere based on two previous events (that happened many years ago).

Last edited by Jig9798; 11-30-2012 at 12:19 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 11-30-2012, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jig9798
Holy crap man! Just read through this entire thread. The amount of work that you've put into this car is mighty impressive (and inspiring). Can't believe you cut into the hood! I love the majority of the mods you've done.

I'm actually in Norton quite a bit (but live on the North Shore) ... will have to keep a look out for your ride.

ps. How was your experience with Marlboro Nissan? Personally I chose to take my business elsewhere based on two previous events (that happened many years ago).
Hahaha, thanks!
Eah cutting into the hood was nerve wrecking...well the first couple seconds
Absolutely! Hunt me down i am on 290 and 495 constantly!
Marlboro nissan, was great sales wise...they worked with me and gave me a great deal! As far as following up on services post the sale, they were great too! However on standin up to the plate when i had the Steering wheel module fail, they sucked at that! But then again they were willing to help out but as soon as i wanted them to.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:01 PM

It appears the NACA duct on the driver's is in the proper location to feed the intake.

Is this not the case?
Old 12-03-2012, 06:52 AM

^ most likely, i was hoping to find an example the duct work on a hood that would work with the air box in the engine compartment...still tinking about it
Old 12-07-2012, 03:35 AM

Sorry if you mentioned this in another post ... people's rides all seem to merge together after looking at and reading about so many.

Have you done anything to your exhaust system? Plan to?
Old 12-07-2012, 06:38 AM

Sorry if you mentioned this in another post ... people's rides all seem to merge together after looking at and reading about so many.

I hope thats not the case, i try to stand out ...
But i know what you mean!

Nope, i got an original exhaust with quad tips. I have two small kids and big sound exhausts are not my thing, anymore...
No plans unless someone can come up with a quiet yet low sounding exhaust...
My friends at Louis' Custom have done this to my Benzo before ...so i might consider doingt he same thing...but i am not quiete sure yet.
I am pretty happy with how quiete it is now
Old 12-07-2012, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by eesjunin
I hope thats not the case, i try to stand out ...
But i know what you mean!
Haha ... wow! Sorry it was 630am and I was still in the process of waking up ... definitely didn't mean any disrespect. I'm absolutely confident I'd be able to pick out your car in a lineup.

I was just curious as other mods that you (might) have made. I'm considering doing something with my exhaust and really wanted to hear what a cat back on a 7th Gen sounds like in person ... not a sound clip.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:48 PM

Haha ... wow! Sorry it was 630am and I was still in the process of waking up ... definitely didn't mean any disrespect. I'm absolutely confident I'd be able to pick out your car in a lineup.

I was just curious as other mods that you (might) have made. I'm considering doing something with my exhaust and really wanted to hear what a cat back on a 7th Gen sounds like in person ... not a sound clip.
Go check out AAM for exhaust hands down the best quality and best sounds out there for the 7th gen
Old 12-07-2012, 02:10 PM

None taken! I was just kidding around!
Eah listen to PSU, that's gas been the word.
I am , personally, pass that stage that's why opt out for silence
Keep us posted on what you decide to go with!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:14 PM

EE How did you know which colors would look decent on the car..I seem to be at a dilemma on what colors to choose for the housing. Any tips? P.S. did you put an exhaust system on the car or did you switch the tips..and can you tell me the size of the inlet & outlets..thank you my brother!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by PSU09MAXIMA
Go check out AAM for exhaust hands down the best quality and best sounds out there for the 7th gen
That's what I'm thinking ... either that or Borla. I was hoping EE had a Cat Back so I could check out his ride in person since we live in same area. Still might do try and do that ... he's got a sick set up.

I'm driving down to DC in either Jan or Feb so I was thinking that if I decide to go with AAM I would spend the day in Annapolis and see if they could install in house. The MSRP of that system is expensive though ... I understand the reasoning but maybe something could be worked out? If I'm payin' $1400 I'm gonna want more than a Cat Back installed.

Kind of wanna hear what these systems sound like in person though. Last thing I want is something that screams like a high pitch banshee, like some of the giant coffee can exhausts I see/hear in the area.

Want a nice low growl. Dunno how possible that is with a V6 though.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by MaximaGuido09c
EE How did you know which colors would look decent on the car..I seem to be at a dilemma on what colors to choose for the housing. Any tips? P.S. did you put an exhaust system on the car or did you switch the tips..and can you tell me the size of the inlet & outlets..thank you my brother!
I played in PS with it...
or you can spray paint them when they are apart...and then play around with all different configurations of colors...

Exhaust, was just a tips swap..hmm i dont remember but i think they are 2.5 in 4 out?
Old 12-10-2012, 01:02 PM

That's what I'm thinking ... either that or Borla. I was hoping EE had a Cat Back so I could check out his ride in person since we live in same area. Still might do try and do that ... he's got a sick set up.

I'm driving down to DC in either Jan or Feb so I was thinking that if I decide to go with AAM I would spend the day in Annapolis and see if they could install in house. The MSRP of that system is expensive though ... I understand the reasoning but maybe something could be worked out? If I'm payin' $1400 I'm gonna want more than a Cat Back installed.

Kind of wanna hear what these systems sound like in person though. Last thing I want is something that screams like a high pitch banshee, like some of the giant coffee can exhausts I see/hear in the area.

Want a nice low growl. Dunno how possible that is with a V6 though.
Hey thanks for the kid words!

I am the same way...sceptical unless i hear these exhausts...
BTW in Worcester there is a nice exhaust shop, these guys have a toned ear, if you know what i mean...when they installed the exhuast for my Benzo that was the best sounding benzo in my opinion! It was low frequecy, rumbling when idling and no drone while driving...Perhaps you go see them first, explain what you want and they can plug and play different mufflers right there and then.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:08 PM

I played in PS with it...
or you can spray paint them when they are apart...and then play around with all different configurations of colors...

Exhaust, was just a tips swap..hmm i dont remember but i think they are 2.5 in 4 out?
Thank You..sounds about right. And Photoshop, If I had the serial code..I would be all up on that! hahahah
Old 12-10-2012, 02:19 PM

^search "gimp" it's the same thing as PS...
Old 12-10-2012, 04:42 PM

Hey thanks for the kid words!

I am the same way...sceptical unless i hear these exhausts...
BTW in Worcester there is a nice exhaust shop, these guys have a toned ear, if you know what i mean...when they installed the exhuast for my Benzo that was the best sounding benzo in my opinion! It was low frequecy, rumbling when idling and no drone while driving...Perhaps you go see them first, explain what you want and they can plug and play different mufflers right there and then.
Hmm ... seems like a good idea. What's the name of the place?
Old 12-13-2012, 06:20 AM

Luis Custom exhaust, if you go Ask for John tell him Gene sent you.
Its located right behind the Bus terminal
Old 12-15-2012, 12:10 PM

Thanks!

This is right down the street from where I work.

Will drop by sometime after Christmas.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:07 PM

thanks to you eesjunin i finally got the quad tip on my max... got an axleback for now with magnaflow 14807 mufflers... next step is true duals
Old 12-25-2012, 08:42 PM

Yes Gimp..I have..it..but I don't get it at times lol
Old 12-26-2012, 08:03 AM

I love all the mods done to the white! I have the gray on black. Just did the windows at 20%. I would do all the other mods but its the wife's car lol. Is it difficult to do an HID headlight kit even if I already have projectors? I just want a different color for them. Again EE nice lookin car
Old 01-07-2013, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by BlackCherryMax
thanks to you eesjunin i finally got the quad tip on my max... got an axleback for now with magnaflow 14807 mufflers... next step is true duals
No SIR! hahaha, let us see !

Originally Posted by MaximaGuido09c
Yes Gimp..I have..it..but I don't get it at times lol
Eah its abit confusing, but if you know Adobe, you can deff adapt

Originally Posted by WC9550
I love all the mods done to the white! I have the gray on black. Just did the windows at 20%. I would do all the other mods but its the wife's car lol. Is it difficult to do an HID headlight kit even if I already have projectors? I just want a different color for them. Again EE nice lookin car
Awesome! Thanks!
Well if you have HID headlights, different colors are just swapping the light bulbs!
If you dont have HID then you need to get the ballasts and all..not much more work than changing the bulb out...but make sure you dont ballast the ballast...that could be dangerous!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:17 PM

i have a pic and video
Name:  D22CC88B-D2CD-4B18-A3C4-9FD826474571-733-00000074BCC635B3.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  238.5 KB
Old 01-14-2013, 07:02 AM

LOve the sound!

Did you cut the bumper for the mufflers?
The single wall tips look dope as well!
Need to black out the back facing plate of the muffler...i had the same "issue" when i pu the new tips, when painter that muffler wall - it looked 100 times better!
Old 01-14-2013, 02:29 PM

yes the bumper was cut for the muffler... when i get the exhaust finished i might get it relocated so it doesnt stick out so much and get a rear diffuser made for it so hopefully in a few months once i get taxes
Old 01-15-2013, 10:33 AM

the shop was unable to put the mufflers little further in? I liek the look, but tucking the muffle behind the bumper is a must, i think...
Old 01-15-2013, 02:09 PM

i wanted it like that at first... but after having it for a lil over a month when i go back im gonna get it moved back a bit... the muffler only stands out alot from that angle but i'd still like it further back
Old 02-05-2013, 05:54 PM

Your car is beautiful!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:16 PM

Eesjunin, your Maxima is amazing! Hats off to you sir!

Quick Reply: EEsjunin's White Horse -2009 SV evolution