7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shifter knob

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 12:55 PM

Shifter ****

Has anyone changed their stock shifter ****? If so can you post a pic of what you went with and some insight on how to change/replcae it?
I just find the stock shifter boring, anything exciting out there?
Thanks!
Old 02-13-2012, 01:15 PM

i wanted to try replicating what the g35/g37 has with the leather boot but cant find any way to incorporate one. i agree on the stock shifter assembly being a lil bland...especially on the S model with no extra buttons or switches to keep it company.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:26 PM

You can get the automatic shifter from the GT-R and pop it on there. Although it's diagram on top is reverse from ours so you might need one from Japan. Was like 350 or something insane so not worth it imo

heres a link to some guys put a boot on their 370 auto shifter - http://www.the370z.com/diy-section-d...tomatic-3.html
Old 02-13-2012, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ghozt
You can get the automatic shifter from the GT-R and pop it on there. Although it's diagram on top is reverse from ours so you might need one from Japan. Was like 350 or something insane so not worth it imo

heres a link to some guys put a boot on their 370 auto shifter - http://www.the370z.com/diy-section-d...tomatic-3.html
this has me wondering! lol..
Old 02-13-2012, 06:09 PM

I'm going off topic here but I don't like the steering wheels on the maxima's I don't find them sporty and just plain... But I do like the 2011 Murano S/W though for some odd reason... anyone tried switching steering wheels on the 7th gens to see whats compatible?

Crazy idea I know whatever... lol

Last edited by esco115; 02-13-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:04 AM

on my benzo i had a Brabus shifter that was around $300,so i wouldnt mind something like that...however the problem i am seeing is that button that allows it to shift...all thats available are for the manuals with no button
Old 02-21-2012, 06:10 AM

I don't see anything special about the GT-R shift ****, but it should be easy to remove either way. Always remember though, it's a maxi not a GT-R. In my honest opinion, it's just unnecessary Rice. Feel free to disagree.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:47 AM

people mod their cars for cosmetic purposes all the time, that doesn't mean its rice lol. i guess you werent aware a bunch of people already have the GT-R start button and GT-R paddle shifters. modders will mod anything on the car to make it different, its a principle.

yeah its a Max but if someone wants a different shifter **** who cares? no different than someone buying rims from a BMW and making them work or any of the other cosmetic mods you see on here. would i spend several hundred for a slightly different shift ****? personally no. but more power to the people who customize their Max.

or maybe its also rice that I put 370z rims on my Max? i mean its just a Max right? so I guess that means I should keep it stock and this is ricey? lol
Old 02-21-2012, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Ghozt
people mod their cars for cosmetic purposes all the time, that doesn't mean its rice lol. i guess you werent aware a bunch of people already have the GT-R start button and GT-R paddle shifters. modders will mod anything on the car to make it different, its a principle.

yeah its a Max but if someone wants a different shifter **** who cares? no different than someone buying rims from a BMW and making them work or any of the other cosmetic mods you see on here. would i spend several hundred for a slightly different shift ****? personally no. but more power to the people who customize their Max.

or maybe its also rice that I put 370z rims on my Max? i mean its just a Max right? so I guess that means I should keep it stock and this is ricey? lol
lol dont waste your keystrokes bro lmao.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:25 AM

its just a shift ****...i mean we all know it adds like 10.5 Hps...but ricey? i wouldnt call it that...unless it makes you upshift faster? oooooooh that must be it!

Just trying to get away from the BLAND interior, regardless of it being just plain olde maxi
Old 06-30-2012, 12:30 PM

RESURRECTION!

Was doing a little research on removing the shift **** today. It's very easy:

1. Grab the aluminum looking piece at the bottom of the shifter and pull down
2. Remove the retaining clip that points to the front of the vehicle. I just slipped a flat head screwdriver under it and popped it off.
3. Slide **** up and off the stalk.

Whole process took less than a minute.

The GT-R **** is $252 from courtesyparts.com. I think it would look awesome on our cars, and from looking at the ****, it doesn't look like there's any actual GT-R symbols on it anywhere. I think a nice MOMO **** would work just as well.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by MaxDoogie
RESURRECTION!

Was doing a little research on removing the shift **** today. It's very easy:

1. Grab the aluminum looking piece at the bottom of the shifter and pull down
2. Remove the retaining clip that points to the front of the vehicle. I just slipped a flat head screwdriver under it and popped it off.
3. Slide **** up and off the stalk.

Whole process took less than a minute.

The GT-R **** is $252 from courtesyparts.com. I think it would look awesome on our cars, and from looking at the ****, it doesn't look like there's any actual GT-R symbols on it anywhere. I think a nice MOMO **** would work just as well.
ummm...ya....just like i said in the other thread....ahahahahahahahhaa
Old 06-30-2012, 02:08 PM

haha, yeah...After I posted I started watching vid's on youtube and found one on removing the dash pieces on a 6th gen and it showed removing the ****, and then went and tried it myself.

I posted before I saw your post in the other thread, but thank you for responding.