7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nissan Maxima S plus Iphone Equals......

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 04:52 PM

Nissan Maxima S plus Iphone Equals......

Hey guys just want to share my on going experiment with my display in my maxima. I own an S model. I decided to go with no navi or bose since It was going to be ripped out anyway. Audio comes first for me. So heres my ongoing progress. I removed the orange Display. Took it apart and rewired air conditioner display to the glove box. Making a little box for it. I then mounted a 7" aftermarket display right where the other display was. Looks factory. Took my Iphone 4S jailbroken, composite cable, and 1 hour later bam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR_eesnH3Cg

See the video. Im playing around with Pandora. Pretty cool. I can control with steering wheel controls. My kenwood unit displays Track info and I can change tracks without even touching the iphone through Bluetooth. Its not wired directly to the radio at all. It also works to display Navigation and any apps that display properly.

Lets see what else I can do with another hour...... Any suggestions?
Old 03-09-2012, 05:56 PM

Lets see the whole thing, glovebox and kenwood in the light . Looking good so far.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by AUDIOSPA
Hey guys just want to share my on going experiment with my display in my maxima. I own an S model. I decided to go with no navi or bose since It was going to be ripped out anyway. Audio comes first for me. So heres my ongoing progress. I removed the orange Display. Took it apart and rewired air conditioner display to the glove box. Making a little box for it. I then mounted a 7" aftermarket display right where the other display was. Looks factory. Took my Iphone 4S jailbroken, composite cable, and 1 hour later bam.

See the video. Im playing around with Pandora. Pretty cool. I can control with steering wheel controls. My kenwood unit displays Track info and I can change tracks without even touching the iphone through Bluetooth. Its not wired directly to the radio at all. It also works to display Navigation and any apps that display properly.

That looks freaking awesome damn I want itttttt.... How did you do it ????
Old 03-09-2012, 06:24 PM

Awesome install I have a similar set up with the stock screen (composite cable to center console video inputs) I see your jail broken and have tvout and springboard rotator running those are the only recommendations id make. Next step: 7 inch secondary touch screen Interface for iPhone! I saw one online but they're expensive
Old 03-09-2012, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jam_Roc
Lets see the whole thing, glovebox and kenwood in the light . Looking good so far.
You dont see it in the bottom with my eq?? Its changing colors while Im recording but in case you missed it. Heres a pic.

Name:  DSC00094.jpg
Views: 2731
Size:  83.6 KB
Old 03-09-2012, 06:47 PM

Nice bro, what screen is it that u got up there? Link?
Old 03-09-2012, 06:55 PM

That's the sickest mod I ever saw on a Maxima S. How in the world do you see your climate control temperature settings??
Old 03-09-2012, 07:13 PM

bryansuavo- I will get you the model number for it. It fits perfect and I just used brackets with factory screw holes that hold the air vents and the air control module.

JBling- I lick my finger then test the air. If its too cold its two steps up on auto. If its too hot two steps down. Im always at 70 degrees auto. So no need to change, If I need to verify I peek in my glove box where the displays are at.

Thanks again for the compliments.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:32 PM

Nice! Good job, love the screen.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:27 AM

Would this work on a SV sport color screen, no nav?
Old 03-10-2012, 08:02 AM

bryansuavo- I will get you the model number for it. It fits perfect and I just used brackets with factory screw holes that hold the air vents and the air control module.

JBling- I lick my finger then test the air. If its too cold its two steps up on auto. If its too hot two steps down. Im always at 70 degrees auto. So no need to change, If I need to verify I peek in my glove box where the displays are at.

Thanks again for the compliments.

yeah let me know cause i have an idea i want to do with it.. thanks.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:50 AM

Looks awesome!!!! Would love to see how u installed the monitor and how u moved the oem screen. ALOT of members have been wanting to do this.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:59 AM

dope Mod!...I'm assuming if you just plug in a ipod nano you will see podcast, music display on that screen?....and when you get a chance please post pic of heater controls in glove box?.... thanks and keep up the good work!
Old 03-11-2012, 08:24 AM

this is an awesome job, great work OP. get ready for tons of questions from other people regarding what parts you ordered and how to do it
Old 03-11-2012, 07:48 PM

Ok everyone,
I will post pics of everything. Please be patient, I have a foot injury.
Pain medication keeps me a house prisoner.

Thanks again for the compliments and I will write up how to and material list.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:52 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

thatll be very helpful info around here lol
Old 03-15-2012, 09:39 AM

Any additional info on this setup?? I have a 2011 s, and hate the amber screen, and would love to do a mod like yours!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 09:49 AM

Then I vote this becomes a STICKY!!!

Where are the moderators? Upgrade this thread to a sticky!!! Got to show appreciation for such great minds at work.

Good job.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:44 PM

Yes would like to know what you ordred, how you did this.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:38 PM

I just wanted to post the monitor model before I can post the install and my attempted write up. Im attaching a link so you can view it.

Farenheit model T-7000MHR

THE MONITOR THAT EVERYONE KEEPS ASKING FOR LOL

I will be posting soon all my pictures I have. Im searching for my build pics.

I really did not anticipate everyone asking how it was done but hey doesn't hurt to share right?...
Old 03-15-2012, 08:59 PM

Thanks!!! I'm curious to see how u mounted the monitor. And I'm sure everyone wants to know how u relocated the factory screen.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:10 PM

I just wanted to post the monitor model before I can post the install and my attempted write up. Im attaching a link so you can view it.

Farenheit model T-7000MHR

THE MONITOR THAT EVERYONE KEEPS ASKING FOR LOL

I will be posting soon all my pictures I have. Im searching for my build pics.

I really did not anticipate everyone asking how it was done but hey doesn't hurt to share right?...

thanks man.. i had another one in mind but its twice as much. .thats why i didnt do this before.. but i am going to get to this in a few weeks.. after i buy all the other stuff i need.. i want to hook up the CPU of the car to it so i can see RPM.. . A/F Ratio.. all that.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:38 AM

Waiting........................
Old 03-28-2012, 12:23 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

bump...
Old 03-28-2012, 01:50 PM

This would go great with my Pioneer unit that I've installed...can't wait to see your step by step instructions!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:07 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Display

That looks like it was done professionally, excellent job on installation. As this is my first time posting something I couldn't let that get by without giving you credit.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:08 PM

bump
does anyone have any input on how this was done? given that the op has not replied in a month, i'm assuming he forgot about this thread. i'm really not crazy on having two screens in my car, a little to much in my opinion especially if the top screen is only there to display the temperature. as far as the amber screen goes i could do without it, seeing as i have the AC on the coolest temp in the summer and warmest temp in the winter. anyone have any similar installs chime in, would gladly appreciate it.

Last edited by Compusmurf; 02-07-2013 at 05:32 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:36 PM

thats sweet
Old 04-13-2012, 04:37 AM

Where did u get the dash kit? Looking to install a touchscreen display I have an insane system In my maxima SV being controlled by a alpine PXA- H800 with the Controller i just ordered a set of BC coilovers & waiting to slam it before I post some pics... 20" staggered deep lip stainless rims please let me know thanks..
Old 04-13-2012, 06:50 AM

Where this fool go? I want awnsers!!!! I see dual screens in my future!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 07:32 AM

Can we put together a list of similar monitors, maybe some touch screen types?
Old 04-17-2012, 02:26 PM

Any words on this installation? I'm about to buy the screen and pioneer this setup!!! Where did this guy go???
Old 04-17-2012, 02:56 PM

I am guessing the screen is wired to the ipod/iphone and wireless to the head unit. The monitor mimics the iphone and sends audio via BT to the headunit. No $h!t, yeah I know, thats what he wrote up top. So no new info here from me.

How come in this world of monitor theres only one like the t-7000mhr? I am looking for one with more screen power but built similar.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:08 PM

I am guessing the screen is wired to the ipod/iphone and wireless to the head unit. The monitor mimics the iphone and sends audio via BT to the headunit. No $h!t, yeah I know, thats what he wrote up top. So no new info here from me.

How come in this world of monitor theres only one like the t-7000mhr? I am looking for one with more screen power but built similar.
I got that part so far. I have a pioneer receiver replacing the old stock radio. I'm going to mirror the video up top to the monitor.

Everything are set except for that bracket he mentioned. How did he managed to attached the monitor to the top console? What type of bracket was he talking about?
Old 04-17-2012, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by SonOfLiberty
I got that part so far. I have a pioneer receiver replacing the old stock radio. I'm going to mirror the video up top to the monitor.

Everything are set except for that bracket he mentioned. How did he managed to attached the monitor to the top console? What type of bracket was he talking about?
The bracket I am almost certain he used is the one from the old amber screen. He actually took the screen apart and fit the bottom section in the glove box. BTW the bracket in question is actually a one piece that the monitor will fit inside of.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:12 AM

The bracket I am almost certain he used is the one from the old amber screen. He actually took the screen apart and fit the bottom section in the glove box. BTW the bracket in question is actually a one piece that the monitor will fit inside of.
So the stock bracket that is currently holding the amber screen would works right?
Old 04-18-2012, 07:10 AM

Yep^^^^^^^^
Old 04-18-2012, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by teddyted
Yep^^^^^^^^
Thanks bud! Did you try this setup?
Old 04-18-2012, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by SonOfLiberty
Thanks bud! Did you try this setup?
Which pioneer you getting?
Old 04-18-2012, 08:21 AM

Which pioneer you getting?
I bought the Pioneer AVIC X930BT and have already installed it...here are a few pix of it:

http://forums.maxima.org/8415684-post9.html

Now my stock upper amber screen is just empty and gross looking...will buy the mentioned monitor and put the temperature screen in the glove box...

Quick Reply: Nissan Maxima S plus Iphone Equals......