7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Umnitza Orion V2 4300k Angel Eyes

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 01:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by funnyman82
Ya I agree they look good on the outside...my second set from umnitza after adding extra solder is running well so far as well..
This is an old post, but wanted to see how things are operating.

We have a new staff (well except me and the owner) and we're working hard to improve every aspect of our business.

Let us know how things are working and if you have any questions
Tim K.
925 521 0577
Old 02-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I think I had an old set since half the ring was going out on mine. I was able to swap them with Umnitza (customer service was top notch). I decided to go with the pure white this time around. No issues so far. I can not get over how impressed I am with these rings.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:30 PM

U am using the second set that was sent to me through umnitza which I installed in July 2012. In warm to hot weather one of the rings still go to the half ring while with the -20c weather we have lately they are working flawlessly! I love how they look but the reliability is still an issue for me. I did purchase the morimoto halos but still unsure on them due to the yellow phosphurus coating on them
Old 02-08-2014, 04:52 PM

Yeah personally I'm not a fan of how much work I had to go through to actually get my first 2 failed sets replaced. The 3rd set I was sent back was actually the 2nd set, cracked open, with solder gobbed on the back so thick that the plastic casing no longer closed. Yes they've worked since then but it took some work on my end to cut some of the plastic casing so they sit flat again. Personally I can't wait to swap in my Morimoto halos, the solid ring looks much better than the individual LEDs that you see on Umnitzas.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ghozt
Yeah personally I'm not a fan of how much work I had to go through to actually get my first 2 failed sets replaced. The 3rd set I was sent back was actually the 2nd set, cracked open, with solder gobbed on the back so thick that the plastic casing no longer closed. Yes they've worked since then but it took some work on my end to cut some of the plastic casing so they sit flat again. Personally I can't wait to swap in my Morimoto halos, the solid ring looks much better than the individual LEDs that you see on Umnitzas.
Yes, they do look great.

EDIT: FYI, lowered exposure a bit when the pic was taken. Just in case anyone wondered about why it seemed so dark.

Name:  znYYiXn.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  84.7 KB

Last edited by escblads; 02-08-2014 at 09:57 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:21 PM
Former Sponsor

We recently started selling COB LED rings for $50 for the pair. Several issues we don't like about them are:
1) They don't really have an easy way to mount them everywhere.
2) They don't look good at all when off
3) We've had some failure rates with them that were not anticipated.

That said, if anyone wants a COB ring pair, you can order them right here:
http://www.umnitza.com/orion-cob-led...es-p-6477.html
Old 02-09-2014, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by umnitza
We recently started selling COB LED rings for $50 for the pair. Several issues we don't like about them are:
1) They don't really have an easy way to mount them everywhere.
2) They don't look good at all when off
3) We've had some failure rates with them that were not anticipated.

That said, if anyone wants a COB ring pair, you can order them right here:
Not exactly a good sell to say you have other products failing as well. Another reason I'd stick with TRS Morimoto products.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Not exactly a good sell to say you have other products failing as well. Another reason I'd stick with TRS Morimoto products.
COB rings are all the same regardless of what brand name you stick on them. They are all made using the exact same components and require little to no tooling or skill to build.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by escblads
Yes, they do look great.

EDIT: FYI, lowered exposure a bit when the pic was taken. Just in case anyone wondered about why it seemed so dark.

So if i wanted to do that to my headlights but have a pair of halos on each side instead of one, what are all the parts i need to buy and take to an installer? Also want to paint the headlights black.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:07 AM

What's a fair price for a shop to install these? I don't know anything about installation of these and don't want to get ripped off.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MaximusPrime309
So if i wanted to do that to my headlights but have a pair of halos on each side instead of one, what are all the parts i need to buy and take to an installer? Also want to paint the headlights black.
You can purchase these - in order for cost and aesthetics (though COB is better than the cheaper LED units "LITE")
COB - 60mm

Orion LITE - 60mm
http://www.umnitza.com/orion-lite-fu...gs-p-6214.html

Orion V2 - 6X
http://www.umnitza.com/predator-orio...nt-p-6047.html

This is all you need to take to an installer. If you want them painted black, this is the best time to do it.

Originally Posted by JimShady84
What's a fair price for a shop to install these? I don't know anything about installation of these and don't want to get ripped off.
Fair price is $150-550 - depends on how much they are doing.
here's how this breaks down:
Opening lights - $150
Opening lights and blacking them out - $200
Opening lights and doing something custom - paint, led, other - $250-500
Removing the headlights from the car, opening, and reinstallation - $350-400

Also this depends on the area where you are, if you are in NY, MA, NJ you'll have to pay a little more due to rents at places and labor costs being higher.

If you are in the Bay Area, labor rates are a little lower but much higher than 99% of the rest of the country. The highest labor rates are in HI since so few people know how to do this in Hawaii.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:17 AM

So...the size you need for our low beams is 70mm and that sizing for several of your links are incorrect. If you want custom lights shoot me a PM, my business just launched a few days ago. Also I haven't heard of anyone yet having an XB LED from Morimoto fail so stating they all have the same failure rate is simply inaccurate. Having 2 out of the 3 sets of Umnitza Orion V2's sent to me fail within a couple months though, now that is a failure rate.

Last edited by Ghozt; 02-10-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:36 PM
Former Sponsor

So...the size you need for our low beams is 70mm and that sizing for several of your links are incorrect. If you want custom lights shoot me a PM, my business just launched a few days ago. Also I haven't heard of anyone yet having an XB LED from Morimoto fail so stating they all have the same failure rate is simply inaccurate. Having 2 out of the 3 sets of Umnitza Orion V2's sent to me fail within a couple months though, now that is a failure rate.
Wrote up a pretty snarky response to this but decided to take a different approach in the hopes we can improve our communication and have less "biting" commentary. Good luck with your business, be sure to pay your hostess (Internet brands) and hopefully we can do some work together

Yes, we did have some issues in the earliest batches. Some of those were still out in the field. Every customer that has had an issue has received a new batch of rings and with rare exception they are working fine - as you have noted yourself. We have drastically improved this area and since we sell hundreds of sets a month, we believe we've solved all the issues.

Your anecdotal evidence is fine on COB, but our empirical testing here in the shop running the COB rings from the same factory about 6 months ago for 24 straight hours showed a failure of some of the LED components on the board, something that never once happened on any Orion LED. Have they been improved, entirely likely. The last few rings we've done this with don't have this. We'll run a new batch arriving in 4 days again and post the results.

To follow onto the previous statement, our rings are tested for impact, vibration, humidity, heat, cold, water, and a few other tests.

This is what we subject our rings to:

Thanks to all for listening and reading
Old 03-19-2014, 06:03 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

So I'm getting ready to mod my lights with halos. Was thinking of just running the lights to an add a fuse kit (like my radar detector) so they just come on automatically when starting the car.
Anyone see an issue in doing that?
Old 03-20-2014, 09:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by pitman
So I'm getting ready to mod my lights with halos. Was thinking of just running the lights to an add a fuse kit (like my radar detector) so they just come on automatically when starting the car.
Anyone see an issue in doing that?
You won't need a fuse with our Orion products. They are simply 12V.

However, if you use our optional wiring harness you can make the angel eyes fade on and off with the key.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:22 PM

It's generally not advisable to ever add electrical wiring to the car without a fuse... better to damage a 50 cent fuse if something unexpected happens instead of the halos themselves. Personally I would never ever install anything on a client's car without a fuse somewhere between what I'm adding and where I'm connecting it to...
Old 03-20-2014, 05:44 PM

It's generally not advisable to ever add electrical wiring to the car without a fuse... better to damage a 50 cent fuse if something unexpected happens instead of the halos themselves. Personally I would never ever install anything on a client's car without a fuse somewhere between what I'm adding and where I'm connecting it to...
I caught that also and don't understand the statement either.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Orion V2 usually tap into existing wiring.
Since they are usually less than a full amp draw on any circuit and since nearly every single car is designed with a "buffer" amperage on the lines (including the fuses) they do not materially or practically make any difference and therefore do not REQUIRE a fuse.

Doesn't mean we don't recommend it with our wiring harness if you are doing some different type of wiring but if you are simply tapping your parking lights, there is 0 chance for problem unless you purposely make a mistake and short circuit it.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:39 PM

If you're tapping into OEM circuits I agree you're fine, since that circuit has it's own fuse.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:36 PM

Hey Umnitza - why are you using photographs of my car to sell your products? You were never given permission to use these photos, I gave you a small select few of old ones to use on your site years ago - this did not entitle you to use every picture ever taken of my car. Remove them immediately. I've already contacted eBay to have these removed based on copyright infringement since I have the original. Your company is so shady.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LIGHTWURKZ-Nissan-Maxima-07-08-headlights-ANGEL-EYES-bumper-fog-light-DRL-LED-/231071017415?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AMaxima&hash=item35cce7e9c7&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Ghozt; 03-23-2014 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Hey Umnitza - why are you using photographs of my car to sell your products? You were never given permission to use these photos, I gave you a small select few of old ones to use on your site years ago - this did not entitle you to use every picture ever taken of my car. Remove them immediately. I've already contacted eBay to have these removed based on copyright infringement since I have the original. Your company is so shady.

Lightwurkz Nissan Maxima 07 08 Headlights Angel Eyes Bumper Fog Light DRL LED | eBay
Wow, you really have an axe to grind. Shows the content of your character more than it does us.

Let's start with your first assertion - shadiness.
We pay for the right to sell and advertise here. You on the other hand underhandedly offer services for profit and as of today still do not pay for the right to offer those services on this site. Additionally, you continue to hound us at every corner like some lapdog, if you have something valuable to offer, don't try to diminish other's work when advertising your own. Let your own work stand on its own merits

Second, you have a comprehension issue. The link you sent is not Umnitza. It's Lightwurkz. Look up all the dba and articles of incorporation, Lightwurkz doesn't belong to Umnitza, is not a subsidiary of Umnitza, nor does it even operate in the same building. We are two wholy separate entities. See first point about shadiness.

Third, by your own admission you offered us use of your photos
I gave you a small select few of old ones to use on your site years ago
First of all, we actually want no association with people that use the internet as an extortion tool. We have more than enough customers who freely share their images with us. If our site is using an image of a customer that didn't give us permission we freely remove them with a simple email of "please don't use our images".

Fourth, we are neither an advocate for Lightwurkz nor their attorney, nor do we practice law anywhere. Go cry to someone else.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ponyboy311
I think I had an old set since half the ring was going out on mine. I was able to swap them with Umnitza (customer service was top notch). I decided to go with the pure white this time around. No issues so far. I can not get over how impressed I am with these rings.

Since we're on this kindergarten level internet tactic of asking for permission to use photography started by Ghozt (or whatever his actual name is).

I'd like to publicly ask permission to use your photos at some later time.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:52 PM

Wow, you really have an axe to grind. Shows the content of your character more than it does us.

Let's start with your first assertion - shadiness.
We pay for the right to sell and advertise here. You on the other hand underhandedly offer services for profit and as of today still do not pay for the right to offer those services on this site. Additionally, you continue to hound us at every corner like some lapdog, if you have something valuable to offer, don't try to diminish other's work when advertising your own. Let your own work stand on its own merits

Second, you have a comprehension issue. The link you sent is not Umnitza. It's Lightwurkz. Look up all the dba and articles of incorporation, Lightwurkz doesn't belong to Umnitza, is not a subsidiary of Umnitza, nor does it even operate in the same building. We are two wholy separate entities. See first point about shadiness.

Third, by your own admission you offered us use of your photos
First of all, we actually want no association with people that use the internet as an extortion tool. We have more than enough customers who freely share their images with us. If our site is using an image of a customer that didn't give us permission we freely remove them with a simple email of "please don't use our images".

Fourth, we are neither an advocate for Lightwurkz nor their attorney, nor do we practice law anywhere. Go cry to someone else.
Strange, when I contacted them they said they are the eBay arm of Umnitza. Regardless, eBay will remove the photos I'm sure, since as you just publicly stated they aren't affiliated with Umnitza and I obviously never gave this other company Lightwurkz permission to use any of my photos.

So I'm crying now for someone stealing my intellectual property? Intellectual property is a kindergarten tactic? Are you being serious right now? You're a complete idiot. You provide inaccurate and flat out wrong information to people in this thread, on top of promoting terrible products that do nothing but fail. I don't dog you, I correct you because you're wrong. If you didn't want to be corrected, take time to put more thought into your posts.

I find pictures of my vehicle on eBay posted by a seller that I was informed via email from Umnitza years ago that was affiliated with them and I am in the wrong by asking that they be removed? You are by far, the funniest person I have talked to in quite a while. Ahh Umnitza...same old company that threatened to not honor my warranty if I went public about my halos failing. Just an internet bully with no real contribution to any community.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Reading comprehension remains your Achilles heel, when you solve your ability to read and act accordingly, you'll have a better life. Oh, and apparently when you lose an argument, ad hominem attacks like calling people idiots are all you can resort to.

No more responses will be made to you again.

Strange, when I contacted them they said they are the eBay arm of Umnitza. Regardless, eBay will remove the photos I'm sure, since as you just publicly stated they aren't affiliated with Umnitza and I obviously never gave this other company Lightwurkz permission to use any of my photos.

So I'm crying now for someone stealing my intellectual property? Intellectual property is a kindergarten tactic? Are you being serious right now? You're a complete idiot. You provide inaccurate and flat out wrong information to people in this thread, on top of promoting terrible products that do nothing but fail. I don't dog you, I correct you because you're wrong. If you didn't want to be corrected, take time to put more thought into your posts.

I find pictures of my vehicle on eBay posted by a seller that I was informed via email from Umnitza years ago that was affiliated with them and I am in the wrong by asking that they be removed? You are by far, the funniest person I have talked to in quite a while. Ahh Umnitza...same old company that threatened to not honor my warranty if I went public about my halos failing. Just an internet bully with no real contribution to any community.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:27 PM

This is great! Let me grab some popcorn!
Old 03-23-2014, 03:52 PM

Reading comprehension remains your Achilles heel, when you solve your ability to read and act accordingly, you'll have a better life. Oh, and apparently when you lose an argument, ad hominem attacks like calling people idiots are all you can resort to.

No more responses will be made to you again.
Great response.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:07 PM

Old 03-23-2014, 07:03 PM

This is getting good
Old 03-24-2014, 07:17 AM

Old 03-24-2014, 10:19 AM

So Lightwurkz replied and said they will remove the photo and since have - that's quick work! The funny part about their response was their last question. They asked who will I be contacting if I need support or warranty for my Orion products going forward, basically indicating I'd no longer be eligible for warranty support if I needed it. Seems like a strange question for someone to ask who has nothing to do with Umnitza.

I didn't know warranties depended on everyone allowing you and all companies who re-sell your products to use people's photos for free without permission. Also you already stated in email that my warranty was voided by going public with the fact that my halos were failing; so I was already under the assumption your warranty had about as much value as the products themselves. Regardless they're getting pulled out shortly and replaced with Morimoto's so no need to worry. Have a great day man!

Last edited by Ghozt; 03-24-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:06 PM

Regardless of how a customer replies to the company, the responses given on behalf of the company as a whole from this Umnitza rep are pretty out of line. Like I said if you are what we should expect to deal with when dealing with the company, I am glad that I do not have your halos in my car and have the Morimoto's myself.

Also, on calling out Ghozt of all people on this site... there is pretty much nobody else out there who has helped the community than him, lol. Between he and Kmoney, everyone goes to them with their lighting needs, and they have a great knowledge of working on our cars. Everything from answering questions, trying out new products, trying to get group buys, and even taking pictures and writing up how-to guides for others to benefit from when they go to perform the same work have been done by him. He is "underhandedly" on here for free while you have to pay?....LOL....he started out solely as an owner and as he said he just started a business maybe a month ago. He is not selling his own personal products, so he is not a product vendor. He merely sells his time, knowledge, and/or work to make headlights from products that the buyer either buys and sends him, or pick out the pieces they want and he gets everything and goes from there. I guess if I offer to plasti-dip [insert other random job] people's cars for them, that I am undermining Plasti-dip as well by this logic. I still have to buy the product from them, so they aren't losing. You are mad because he is promoting a superior product and letting others know about the janky/shady product and company that is Umnitza, lol.

Extorting you...because he asked for you to remove the pictures that he did not authorize your affiliate/sister/rebranded/not related company to use? Or because he made a post about the quality and performance of the lights that he received from you guys multiple times? Actually, you guys bullied/extorted him and not the other way around, if you seriously voided and will not honor his warranty because he publicly let people know about his experiences with your company. "We know you have a warranty, but if you post negative feedback about us, then we will have to void your warranty altogether, but if you give us good reviews, we can take of this rather easily."

That my friend is shady tactics and business ethics at work.

I really could have summed all this up with this picture though.
Old 05-10-2015, 04:46 PM

Sorry for bringing up an old threat, but I can't believe that umnitza is still in business lol

This company is literally the worst company I dealt with ALL my life. They also refused to replace their defect because of an article I made about them.

http://bestpcreviews.com/car/212-umn...es-review.html

I just hope the company will stop ripping people off and hoping umnitza will be banned from here for their service.