7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 maxima auto start problem...help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 06:22 PM

09 maxima auto start problem...help!

hey guys i have a 09 maxima with 38k on it. I recently got an auto start put on it. The past couple weeks i noticed sometimes when i try to auto start it, the car doesnt turn on. The back brake lights go on like the car is on, but it really isnt. The problem with this is that i am screwed. I cant do anything. Ill get in the car and the push start wont work. It just stays in the off posistion. I try to unlock and relock the car and nothing happens. I cant start the car in anyway or get the brake lights to turn off without unplugging the battery. Its really a pain to have to unscrew the battery terminal. Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-11-2013, 02:24 PM

well if it's come to that point i suggest you remove the aftermarket remote start. where'd you get it install at a pro shop?
Old 01-11-2013, 05:54 PM

That doesnt help me solve the issue at all.... considering it was 400$. I had it installed a shop that a bunch of people recommended that worked at nissan.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by 09NissanMaxima
That doesnt help me solve the issue at all.... considering it was 400$. I had it installed a shop that a bunch of people recommended that worked at nissan.
You'll definitely have to ask them though unless you want to tinker with the system yourself. Did they give you any kind of warranty on their work or the module that was installed? If you're lucky, it's a simple fix like a bad connection. Call back the place that installed it for you.

What kit did you purchase? That's another good place to start too.

Last edited by Shipwreck; 01-11-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Shipwreck
You'll definitely have to ask them though unless you want to tinker with the system yourself. Did they give you any kind of warranty on their work or the module that was installed? If you're lucky, it's a simple fix like a bad connection. Call back the place that installed it for you.

What kit did you purchase? That's another good place to start too.
X2 on the warranty an the shop standing behind their work... unless it was done "off the books".
Old 01-12-2013, 03:01 PM

They gave me a 5yr warranty included. I just wanted to seem if it was something simple before driving 45mins away to have them look at it. Ill gladly take it back, im pretty handy on cars, but i really dont wanna start pulling apart wires.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:34 PM

Hey 09 Nissan Maxima. I would recommend testing the battery. Around the same amount of miles on my car..I tried to press the start button and the car wouldn't start. I tested the battery and it read bad. I went to Pep Boys and I swapped out the battery and the car was good as new.

Now, if that isn't the problem..then You should and would want to take it back to the shop. 45 Minutes may be a pain..I know this because I had to travel 1hr back and fourth a few times because some shops..ehh nevermind lol. Seriously, go back to the shop and if you have paperwork, photocopy it incase they try to screw you over. Don't start pulling wires because then they have the right to charge you..which sucks even more. Good Luck.